Trend Runner

This system looks to be very well thought out and your description is excellent. Have you done any back testing or collected any data to provide a % profitable? From all of the updates that you have posted so far, it does not appear as though any positions went against you. Or maybe you are just not posting the ones that aren’t profitable?

Just to understand if I’m doing well. It’s ok this open on EURCHF?

The open is the dotted green line.

Trade Update (previous)

Trade Update

Short AUD/USD @ 1.02803 Current Stop 1.02573. +23.0 Secured

EUR/JPY - NOTHING - Long EUR/JPY @ 128.718. Stopped @ 129.566 +84.8 Realized

EUR/USD - NOTHING

GBP/JPY - NOTHING - Long GBP/JPY @ 152.561. Stopped @ 154.114. +155.3 Realized

Long GBP/USD @ 1.55432. Current Stop 1.55166

Short USD/CAD @ 1.00645. Current Stop 1.00985.

USD/CHF - NOTHING

USD/JPY - NOTHING - Long USD/JPY @ 99.392. Manual Close @ 99.038. - 35.4 Lost

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

Hey irvinfitness,

The win/loss ratio is approx 85% over the last 24 months. Full disclosure, a “win” by my standard is ANY TRADE THAT ENDS IN PROFIT. So even if I get 1 pip to the good it is a win. In actuality a win/loss ratio is not a good way to judge a system. With the risk/reward and MY static stop and MY money management method, the percent of trades that achieve a R/R% = 1:1 or < is approx 45% over all pairs traded. The other 65% of the trades fall anywhere in between.

The % of trades the end in a loss over all is roughly 15%. Of those > 25% actually hit the full 2% risk amount (100 pips). Again these numbers are for the last 24 months.

The pairs I trade ( as mentioned above) are currently AUD/USD, EUR/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF & XAU/USD (GOLD) through Oanda.

This method, in general, takes many small wins ( protecting capital) fair amount of double digit wins, a few large wins ( amounts in excess off 200 pips) and a rare massive win ( anything over 400 pips).

On the down side the losses are always kept to 100 pips ( 2%) but do not always get that far. There will be many small to average losses in the 30 to 60 pip range. Again this is over the last 24 months.

-ILZ

Trade Update (previous)

EUR/JPY - NOTHING

EUR/USD - NOTHING

GBP/JPY - NOTHING

GBP/USD - NOTHING - Long GBP/USD @ 1.55432. Manual Close @1.55272 - 16.0 Lost

USD/CAD - NOTHING - Short USD/CAD @ 1.00645. Manual Close @ 1.00763. - 11.8 Lost

USD/CHF - NOTHING

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

Trade Update (CURRENT)

EUR/JPY - NOTHING

EUR/USD - NOTHING

GBP/JPY - NOTHING

GBP/USD - NOTHING

USD/CAD - NOTHING

USD/CHF - NOTHING

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

hey snip84,

Actually you were late by one candle. You should have entered at the point of the blue arrow. Price broke & closed above the S&R. That would have been my entry point.

-ILZ

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. That was exactly the information that I was looking for. I suppose I should apologize for “jinxing” you by asking about positions that go against you, as it appears today was a little rough.

I’m definitely going to try out this system though, so thank you for posting it!

Trade Update

Short AUD/USD @ 1.02803 Current Stop 1.02573. +23 Secured

EUR/JPY - NOTHING

EUR/USD - NOTHING

GBP/JPY - NOTHING

GBP/USD - NOTHING

USD/CAD - NOTHING

USD/CHF - NOTHING

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

Trade Update

Short AUD/USD @ 1.02803 Current Stop 1.02573. +23 Secured

EUR/JPY - NOTHING

EUR/USD - NOTHING

GBP/JPY - NOTHING

GBP/USD - NOTHING

USD/CAD - NOTHING

USD/CHF - NOTHING

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

Ilzalama,

I follow what you’re doing, and truly appreciate the logic of Trendrunner. This seems like a 24/7 trading plan that might need near constant babysitting. How often do you check the markets? Do you stop back every 4 hours, round the clock? Only trade during UK/US?

Thanks for any insight,
Jeff

Trade Update

AUD/USD - NOTHING - Short AUD/USD @ 1.02803 Stopped @ 1.02093. +71 Realized

EUR/JPY - NOTHING - Long EUR/JPY @ 129.921. Stopped @ 129.961. +4 Realized.

Long EUR/USD @ 1.31607. Current Stop 1.30682

GBP/JPY - NOTHING

Long GBP/USD @ 1.55408. Current Stop 1.54426.

USD/CAD - NOTHING

USD/CHF - NOTHING

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

Hey Jeff,

It does not require that much babysitting. I check the market and enter trades, close trades or adjust stops every 4 hrs except the 5 am - 9am candle. I get up @ 12:30 PMish to catch the close of the 9 AM to 1 PM candle. I do not really pay attention to sessions. I do pay attention to MAJOR NEWS that are to come out near a possible entry point.

Hope that helps,

-ILZ

1 Like

Trade Update

AUD/USD - NOTHING

EUR/JPY - NOTHING

GBP/JPY - NOTHING

USD/CAD - NOTHING

USD/CHF - NOTHING

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

Trade Update (No Change)

AUD/USD - NOTHING

EUR/JPY - NOTHING

GBP/JPY - NOTHING

USD/CAD - NOTHING

USD/CHF - NOTHING

USD/JPY - NOTHING

Gold - NOTHING

-ILZ

Trade Update (Upcoming Major News)

Long GBP/USD @ 1.55408. Current Stop 1.55448 +4 Secured.

I have adjusted early because of MAJOR GBP NEWS coming out before next candle starts. This is something that I do to ensure if there is any news that will effect my current trade in a bad way, I will take a a hit. if news comes out and is positive, then well… need I say more…

:smiley:

-ILZ

-ILZ

Hello ILZ,

I’ve notice that you didn’t take a sell trade in USDCHF after the most recent cross of the 200 sma (indicated by red arrow). Is there a specific reason not to take the trade?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Happy Trading,

Randy

Hi ILZ,

First of all, this seems like a very solid strategy, so thanks for sharing it. I am sort of testing it on a micro account with 200 USD on Pepperstone, not OANDA, but that probably should not affect the results to much.

Now, the fact that you post your trades, I think that is very beneficial for understanding the strategy even better.
I have noticed some things that were not “explained” in the description of the strategy and also it raised some questions.

First, it seems that in some cases the initial stop can be less that 100 pips, in case there is an established S/R level somewhere in between the entry and the 100 pips initial stop. Are you following any specific rules for that? Do you still calculate your position for that trade based on 100 pips risk or do you trade larger positions in this case?

Then, I have noticed an entry on GBPUSD that you posted in your first trade update post “Long GBP/USD @ 1.52784. Current stop 1.54150. +136.6 secured”

On this entry, the price broke through the SuperTrend but there was a resistance level just above your entry (less than 30 pips) but you did not wait for the price to break through the resistance before entry. Any particular reason why? Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks for your support.
Petre

Hello all. Very interesting thread indeed here. @Poseidonn - would you attach an fxbook to that 200 bux account since you are trying the system out?! thx buddy.

Cheers

I already have, cause I have been testing something else on it. So you would have to ignore the results until May 9th :slight_smile: