Trend Runner

Thanks abrsive for sharing this. I am really impressed with your results on the D TF. I too would like to use the this method on D TF. One question. Do you trade all the 27 pairs between New York open and close hours? Can’t imagine being awake in the middle of the night for this :slight_smile:
I would like to know what your trading hours are.

sorry but newbie here, may i know what does PA stand for?

PA = Price Action

No don, they trade themselves all day and night long… I dont do anything at all. Mostly, work my real job and sleep.:cool:
I only spend 10 to 30 min after NYclose, checking my open trades, adjusting SLs and looking for possible entries. It’s quite easy to move quickly through the pairs. If its not clear, I don’t pull the trigger.
I do not monitor the trades during the day… that would do my head in. I let the entire day unfold, and then check.
There is not much to it, and its not very exciting.

Thanks for the added information. In regards to initial entry/stop loss, do you have a max SL of 100 if there is no support/resistance closer? Or are you risking more than 100 pips on some trades? If so, does this factor into your position size calculation?

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
I too started not doing anything and let them trade themselves, but didn’t make any money though:32:

It might not be very exciting, but if it gives me constant pips, I won’t complain. I have a day job and this is my kind of trading.

I am actually trading with this system since a week ago and get a good profit with D1 timeframe since i use it but due to my broker only offers 12 pairs of currency for me to trade with, i would like to trade this system with three different timeframe, which is H1, H4 and D1 to increase my profit. do you guys think that it is going to work? btw im just a newbie in this market, i just joined forex since last month so your comment is much appreciated. thank you.

happy trading!

Are you sure your broker only offers 12 pairs? Open MT4, open the market watch pane, right click symbol and select “show all”. I have a feeling the others are just hidden.
I suppose you could make it work on multiple time frames, but only if you are not in the US and/or your broker allows hedging. I’m not sure if anyone has had success on the H1 TF and the D1 is still being tested, but the results look positive. You should test it yourself though either through demo, a micro account or backtesting.

Good luck!

[QUOTE=“abrsive;498142”]

No don, they trade themselves all day and night long… I dont do anything at all. Mostly, work my real job and sleep.:cool:
I only spend 10 to 30 min after NYclose, checking my open trades, adjusting SLs and looking for possible entries. It’s quite easy to move quickly through the pairs. If its not clear, I don’t pull the trigger.
I do not monitor the trades during the day… that would do my head in. I let the entire day unfold, and then check.
There is not much to it, and its not very exciting.[/QUOTE]

How long have you been trading this method…?

[QUOTE=“irvinfitness;498144”]

Thanks for the added information. In regards to initial entry/stop loss, do you have a max SL of 100 if there is no support/resistance closer? Or are you risking more than 100 pips on some trades? If so, does this factor into your position size calculation?[/QUOTE]

No max SL. I play it by ear. Sometimes it probably exceeds 100 pips. If there is no sup/res I can use, I will use a key candle and place it above/below. Every pair is different, and the sup/res levels tend to properly scale my risk.
Nevertheless, my position calculation is always done the same way. One day it’s, 3000 units, the next 2900, the next 3200… And so on. It just depends on my balance at the time I open my trades.

I have noticed that the jpy pairs are a bit riskier, and seem to throw me off a bit. I will study the matter if I get some time.

Also, I don’t open trades on Friday evening because spreads get out of control. Sunday evening I do though.

[QUOTE=“ILovePizzaMore;498175”]

How long have you been trading this method…?[/QUOTE]

I’ve already stated this on the thread. This is my second week. It’s not my method, and I’m not making any claims about the performance of my adaptation. I’m testing it out, that’s it.

I’m not going to start a thread, I don’t want to be a guru and I have nothing to prove to anyone… Just explaining what I do.

[QUOTE=“abrsive;498182”]

I’ve already stated this on the thread. This is my second week. It’s not my method, and I’m not making any claims about the performance of my adaptation. I’m testing it out, that’s it.

I’m not going to start a thread, I don’t want to be a guru and I have nothing to prove to anyone… Just explaining what I do.[/QUOTE]

Lol I just asked how long you were trading this method… Wasn’t implying anything more then that.

[QUOTE=“ILovePizzaMore;498184”]

Lol I just asked how long you were trading this method… Wasn’t implying anything more then that.[/QUOTE]

Your trolling is world class around here, so don’t play coy with me. I’m just setting things straight before you get going…

[QUOTE=“abrsive;498187”]

Your trolling is world class around here, so don’t play coy with me. I’m just setting things straight before you get going…[/QUOTE]

Lol … Uh huh. What possible things could I say about mastergunners methodology other then good things :wink: you’ll figure it out I’m sure.

Thanks for the reply abrsive. I never traded on daily charts. Its been only two months that I came in to Forex. Still on a Demo account. However I want to know that for the last two trading days I didn’t find any trade opportunity on 4 hour time frame with trend runner. Do you wait for days before finding a trade opportunity on daily charts?

Honestly I am interested in trading on Daily charts but I want to know how to manage a trade on daily chart basis and most importantly what stop loss and profit target you suggest?

Thanks for helping us bro :slight_smile:

I have a few questions. I am new so I want to clear my doubts. All you have to do is to just guide me if I am wrong. So here are few examples.

1. Below is the USD/CHF Daily chart. Price crosses below 200 Moving Average but the very next candle closed on the border. What we need to do in this case? Go for short? or wait another day for the third candle to close?

1. This is the USD/CAD daily chart. Price is above the 200 SMA. But it can go either way now. Ok suppose if price moves upwards what resistance level it must have to break before we enter the trade? Resistance 1 or resistance 2 or resistance 3? I have marked them in the chart.

1. This is the GBP/USD daily chart. Trend is up as price is above 200 SMA. But I am late in this trade so now I can enter this trade if and when the price breaks the Resistance level above which I have marked with the arrow. Am I right?

1. Finally we have the EUR/JPY chart. Price is above 200 EMA but below the blue line so we cant enter long. But when it moves up so when we need to enter, On resistance 1 , 2 or 3?

Too many questions but I just want to make sure I don’t do anything wrong. Please help.
Thanks.

Hi! I saw couple post here about trade that cancel each other(different currency pair with one losing and the other winning). So which currency pair do you think will work best with ILZ’s technique?

1. I personally would have shorted at the close of the next to last candle… the one that crossed the sma line. If that was missed, now I would wait for a re-entry opportunity or a cross to the upside. Right now that pair is bearish.

2. There is no point in really looking at this one. As it is, there is no valid trade on the horizon. Wait for price to do its thing and it will be clear when a sup/res is breached. The barry indicator paints new levels and even repaints old ones. When I go through all my pairs in the evening, this one takes a second to analyze and skip over… above sma, but pice going down. NEXT

3. For what we can see now, you are right. The problem is that we have no idea what price will do, and it might form another fractal (and res level) that will then become the key one you can trade off of.

4. More of the same on this one… it’s hard to tell what will develop. It could be level 1. Look back in time at the charts, the breaks across sup/res are very clear.

Be patient

Some days, there are no opportunities to open new trades on the daily. That’s for sure.
Those days I just have to manage the open trades.
Since I started, 2 weeks ago… I’ve always had at least 1 open trade going.

As far as TP, I have none whatsoever… as many pips as I can get.
I’ve posted on SL before, several times, use sup/res for placement and give trades some room. I don’t like to repeat myself… just re-read my posts. I really don’t have anything to add to what I’ve already written on prior posts.

Looks like ILZ’s gone dark :slight_smile: