Trend-Setter Indicator

Hello SwordOFManagement,

what does I/T stands for?

Best regards.

-guandi

It is all about the plan Stan :eek:

LARGER IMG

I/T = IF/THEN

It is a horizontal line at/around which you have decided that you MUST take action to protect your position.

Hello SwordOFManagement,

thanks for the chart markup, trying to wrap my head around what you are seeing/saying. From your chart, it seems no stops are used, just having a good entry and managing the space, also you are only shorting after a retest of the resistance. is that right?

best regards.

-guandi

I based the entry on your chart (the entry is irrelevant).

What matters is how much space you have and how well you protect it.

…it seems no stops are used, just having a good entry and managing the space…

I believe that a full stop ( 5 lot trade and -5 on a stop) is an overreaction.

You can do a lot with a little adjustment; let the chart push you but don’t tolerate a slap :58:

Where you see the word “Position” on the chart is where I would consider myself short from.
On another forum I call Position the “Time Travel Entry” because you can set it nearly anywhere
by manipulating your lot size to move space.

Plan your trades, trade your plan, and deal with the result.

Hello SwordOFManagement,

thank you, the problem i have is planning the trade looking at your TS and now it looks like i need to understand space too.

I will go through your posts to understand how to use space your way.

Best regards.

-guandi

It is as simple as a asking if price is closing higher or lower than something.

Think of TS as a naked chart where the trending action is marked by a highlighter…

Why is it so hard for me to explain? :20:

Trading is 10% technical analysis & >80% planning/sizing/managing.

It can be frustrating to hear this…
I know that you just want to slap an order on a chart with a SL and TP and call it a day.
I know that you think that risking 1 or even 2% on every single trade is acceptable behavior but it is not.

With a bit of space and a well considered plan of attack you can risk just 1 or 2% for the whole year with no
limit to the amount that your account can grow.

Anyways :18:

I wish you the best in your trading guandi.

Hello SwordOFManagement,

sorry for being a terrible learner and not able to see it :30:.

It is not my aim to have the holy grail and hoping to be able to slap an order with SL and TP.

I am looking to learn how to use ur TS to look for entry points and also your concept of space for managing trades.
Your way is very different and I am trying to learn.

I will re-read what you have written here and try to mark up some charts and post for your critique.

Thank you.

-guandi

The calculation is always (LotSizeNow/LotSizeAfter) * CurrentSpace

If I have 40 pips left when my partial stop is triggered & I reduced my lot size from 8 to 5 at that point then I will have
a space of 64 pips from that stop: (8/5) * 40, a 60% increase in space.

It works the other way as well:

Say that I then gain 36 pips with those 5 lots, bringing space to 100, and then increase my lot size from 5 to 8.
(5/8) * 100 = 62.5 pips, I have 8 lots and 62 pips of space from the last transaction price.

The idea of space is to balance position size and space to safely increase your lot size and target large returns.

When a market becomes volatile I will reduce the volatility to the account by lowering the lot size and increasing space.

In a quiet stair stepping market I might increase the volatility to the account to make the most of a steady move.

It is ok to gamble (counter trend) as long as you “oversize” your space; you wan’t the smallest position size when you are most vulnerable.

Increasing your lot size even by one, as price moves in your favor, not only increases the money coming in but also significantly increases the space returned when you protect said space with partial orders.

Lots convert to space, space converts to lots, & when the two become lopsided a position can fall apart quickly.

Hello SwordOFManagement

Im very excited to read about your concepts.

Unique way of looking at things :35: i must say i like the look of the trendsetter indi…

I will play :slight_smile: and get back with more questions as and when they arise,as im sure they will.

Thank you for your valuable insight.

Hello SwordOFManagement,

thank you, glad to see that you are still posting here. I am going to spend more time looking at TS charts and your space posts.

Best regards.

-guandi

Hello MrGekko,

welcome to the ride, i am trying to learn too. hopefully you can also share what you are seeing and we can learn together.

Best regards.

-guandi

LARGER IMG

3a & 3b do not follow the consecutively higher/lower rule, they are normal custom candles based on the red CC:

LARGER IMG

Keep Preach-en,
This is exactly what the banks/brokers/system peddlers do NOT want us to hear.

Ha,
This vid fits your name, but “Dynamic Money management” I think that ICT understands NOT!!!

ICT Millionaire Traders Guild Trailer - YouTube

If the whole movie took place in her head then it might have been good.

Why you gotta be so EXTREME?

One of the very first thoughts that I shared with those seeking big pips is to trade off of daily+ extremes.

If, and it is a big if, you have the mental strength to handle being repeately stabbed by wicks as you search
for THE extreme then you just might have what it takes to score big pips.

How do I know which extreme to trade from?

Start with the small charts, work your way to larger charts, and you should find yourself trading in the direction
of profit.

Is it worth it?

You tell me:

LARGER IMG

I think it is hard to grasp your concepts, for me anyways, because you are so used to talking in your terminology and seeing charts your way that it may seem weird to see and explain it how the average person sees a chart.

I am trying to pick up on what you are trying to present because you have a very interesting concept, but I think you need to post up a trade or space position or whatever you may refer to it as; I jest a little. How would you have entered on that monthly chart and at what points were you adding space? I sucked at logarithms in math for no real reason, this might be logarithms to me haha.

Hello SwordOFManagenment,

thank you for you continual posting. when you say extremes, do you mean when price go to a daily low, you buy and when go to daily high you sell? I am slowly working through your space concept (injecting profits to stop loss), your TS still trying to work it out.

Best regards.

-guandi