TV Viewership is Collapsing

The TV viewership of Superbowl LIIII collapsed in a virtual waterfall to just 98.2 million viewers. CBS, however, said the big game was watched across all platforms — including digital and streaming — by a combined total of 100.7 million viewers.

That is still a major decline down 5% from last year when 103.4 million watched the game. The younger generation is gradually declining in their interest in such sports games.

Nonetheless, what it is revealing is not only are newspapers and magazine dying slowly but so is TV.

The thing is, there are 101 different ways to watch things no that don’t involve using a TV, as technology advances, the numbers will continue to fall.

I think you can infer other things from that data.

a) the youger generation is less interested ?

Well I contend only a half of each generation would have been interested - even in those generations when males “Were interested” in such things - ergo the number of young males watching the “game” and being attracted to these strong, active, fit men as “Role models” is alarmingly low perhaps ?

b) The older generation is dying off so those macho males who were active fighters in WW2 and Korea , whose friends bled to death in their arms and who themselves killed / murdered / “executed” - “Gooks” or whatever are no longer watching “the game”

Interesting that the effects of the feminisation of human masculinity actually appears to be measurable ! :smiley:

Aside from Netflix, YouTube and Twitch have probably been the biggest TV killers.

And Fortnite. :joy:

1 Like

And it will continue to drop. People are spending more time on mobile devices.

it isn’t

from 103.4 million to 100.7 million is a decline of only 2.61%

can nobody even do basic arithmetic, these days?

i agree. it is understandable because people have easier access to their mobile devices compared to bulky tv sets.

People prefer streaming these days, so this is not at all surprising.

TV is becoming obsolete because internet video services are superior products.

1 Like

True. I don’t remember when was the last time when I watched actual television as opposed to using streaming services.

Deffo, I was forced to a few weeks at a friend’s house, don’t even have an ariel conected at mine.

TV, in its classical form, is slowly becoming absolete. There’s nothing wrong with that, it’s just technological progress.

The intensive use of internet has damaged the TV viewership all across teh world. Why would someone spend time to watch TV if he has the same news, movie, program, or anything else on his phone. People want ease and internet is more easy than the TV. Am I right folks?

On the other hand people watch tv shows through the Internet more than ever and that trend will only expand. Tv companies will just have to adapt.