[TW] 8-24-2012 - EUR/CAD (Long) by CrissCross1983

EUR/CAD - DAILY

Long or Short: LONG

Entry Point: Between 1.2450 - 1.2480

Stop Loss: 1.2400

Profit Target/s: 1.2650

Reward-to-risk Ratio: A little over 2.3:1

Risk percentage: I’m willing to risk 4% of my account since it is backed strongly by fundamentals and technicals.

Indicators used: Fib retracement lines

Trade Rationale:
Fundamentally, CAD has released very poor data over the past 2 weeks. The CPI numbers and retail sales have come in very weak. EUR region has been showing some signs of progress and the pair has falled over a 1000 pips over the past few months. It is natural to pare up some losses in the near future until either EUR region again goes back to trouble or CAD starts showing improvements.

Trade Adjustments:
Move SL to breakeven once price moves 100 pips in your favour. We will come to know more abt EUR region after Greece’s meeting with Merkel and Hollande over the weekend. If news is positive then this baby will surely hit TP and might even go further.

All the best!!!

Agree that CAD is week, not so sure about Euro strength.
For me it is UCAD long, not ECAD

I am also long UCAD. Up arnd 50 pips. All the best to you.

I have already made 200 pips each on GBP/CAD & EUR/CAD until now since last friday when CAD CPI’s cameout, but I think this baby has the potential to go way up.
My advice to ppl who want to trade this setup is to wait for price to go up between 1.2450-1.2475 and then go long.

Probably you’re right but it seem to be a retest of 1.2451 (have a look at weekly chart).
Good luck.

Hi VW53, Thank you for your comments. I attach a glimpse of the weekly chart. Appreciate your comments on it. Price seems to have touched the 23.6% Fib level of the april to aug drop. I think it will go until the 50% or 61.8% Fib level before consolidating and then resuming downtrend if Euro fundamentals are still weak. What is your opinion?

Could be.
I had a look also at the montly graph and as I said probably you idea is right; in the last 12 years the PAIR has never touch this low so a rebound is high probably.
If you enter at the level you choosed and if it break 1.25 high probably the TP will be reach.
I’m a fan of you!