Two type of indicators

which two type of indicators you recommend to the new beginner on trading and how this indicator helpful or it work on a chart

It all depends on how you want to trade. Some people will say no indicators is the way forward whereas other on some threads have 3 or 4 to analyse multiple timeframes. Have you done the babypips course.?

My advice would be: As a beginner you should use the 50ma. It will keep your trades simple. If price is above, look for buys only and if below look for sells only. Counter to that is learning price action and looking for uptrends and downtrend.

2 Likes

its a very good post ,
thanks for your nice post.

1 Like

In trading, you have two major types of setups momentum and mean reversion or trend and range if you wish.

All indicators provide info for only one or both types of setups.

In a research done by Bloomberg (sorry, but can’t find the link)Williams %R was cited as the best indicator.

Of course, there is no such thing as a perfect indicator but it is a good place to start.

Odd as another report for the best indicator over the last 15 years by Bloom was the Ichimoku , so I guess it is horses for courses.

I read an article a few years back where some Financial Market Software Developers trialed a large number of the standard Indicators used by Technical Analysts.

(RSI, CCI, HA, MACD, Various MA’s, Stochastics etc. etc. etc…)

They engaged Quants to trial EA’s for 3 months using each Indicator on a cross section of Markets.

The Ichimoku came out as the superior Indicator…

2 Likes

Thanks you for advice…