TYG's Story: Thoughts, Trades and Technicality

How about like this? :upside_down_face: :smile:

You mention the “death cross” which is a negative crossover of a long and short term MA’s, but I can only see one MA on your chart (50-period SMA?) Are you also using a 200-period SMA for the crossover?

Hi @SovoS, when there is only one MA on the chart, the death cross will be when the close candle crossing the MA. So, Raoh released Nanto Shinken when there is Power Crosing it :laughing:

Golden/Death cross don’t always need 2 MA,

OK, thks for the explanation.
If you are relying on just candle closes through the MA, then there is the risk of whipsawing in consolidating price structure. Are you using just the 4H chart? Do you also take any notice of the angle of your MA line at the time of the close through it?

Hi @SovoS , You are welcome :slight_smile:

I will consider cross over when the close candle bellow (death cross) or above (golden cross) MA. So when the candle tail has crossing the MA, without the rule above, I won’t be considered as crossover. Remember the MA is generated by Close Candle.

This method can be applied when we can see pattern in the instrument. It has to be applied on strong candle, H4 for EURUSD. Then angle of the MA isn’t considered here. But the MA’s angle usually considered when we trade minor pair. Reason is volatility. If the instrument has low volatility, the MA’s angle is important.

Use golden/death cross as complement. My primary technique is PA. Other tools are complement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trade: EURUSD Journal

1. Analysis PAMAR

As we can see, Power is moving at Toki’s floor, the green line. Yuria is there. But Yuria doesn’t look good. Yuria has crossing the red line, to let us know hers existence.
Market is too slow today. No high impact news, it makes Yuria lying near Toki. Let see if FOMC can move Power around Yuria. Yuria need to reach Raoh, then Kenshiro will be furious to release a full set of Nanto Shinken … TA TAT TAT TAT TA … :rofl:

2. Psychology
I don’t feel good with Yuria. It seems Power will move bellow Yuria. I have doubt with Kenshiro. I don’t know what I scare of … is it because Kenshiro being ignored? Or, the shadow that keep looking at me. Shadow or ghost? Yes, I can see ghost, literally. :sweat_smile:

3. Action
Nothing to do for now, just wait for awhile

4. Result

Yuria, why don’t you lift the power?
Kenshiro is waiting for you bitterly.
Rhao is furious, but he love you deeply.
Yuria, where will you move unconditionally?

1 Like

Thoughts: It’s Time to Find A Better Place.

I’m a workaholic person. I enjoy my work as engineer, analyst and trader. When others take leave, I’m the only one online, monitoring chart.

I work for my family, getting older one by one my friends has gone. So, what else to do? I have done everything I wanted, only left things about my family.

It feels so exhausted sometime, then I need something different to do, such as gym, swimming, walking in the park or just wondering beside goose’s pond. When I feel so tired, visiting a forum also can be entertaining.

However, nothing is perfect. Sometime we meet someone so annoying, ruining my resting time. This kind of person is literally everywhere can’t be avoided, unfortunately. I am always think others in positive way, but the annoying people just doesn’t know how to behave and how to respect others.

As I said, I can see ghosts or spirits. Let call them spirits. Even the spirits will behave better compare to human nowadays. :sweat_smile: They know what is politeness, the same way I will be hesitate to disturb them.

Accompanied by the spirits feel better, pondering each other, resting my mind. Once I consulted with a psychiatrist, afraid of having mental illness and hallucinated. It was turned out I am normal, but still the phenomena is an anomaly in life.

It seems that I don’t have fate for having good friend in this world. My place is in between the spirits and cats, the wild cats.

Even as now, in front of my desk, two cats near me, one spirit is standing at one of the corners. :thinking: I am wondering if they can predict where XAU is going to?

2 Likes

Thoughts: Market Instability

The first thing we have to accept when we decide to be a trader is the uncertainty. The only thing we are certain about is uncertainty. How ironic is the market, when it attracts so many people to grab a piece of it, but it actually is unreliable. Here come then, the art to make unreliable becomes reliable. :smiley:

Last week, market wasn’t really good. XAU was sideways. EURUSD wasn’t move much neither. But there was good movement in USDCAD. Similar to when you open a store. When you only sell egg, when people need egg, you are flooded with wealth. When people need other things, you will bite your finger nail, jealous of other’s cut.

Bubbling greed makes our senses dull. Placing order just like we are invincible, then questioning our adventure for number. Do we still competent enough to walk down this bloody route? Do we just care too much with ego inside our thick skull?

So many false statement shoot around, feeling pity also won’t help. Being a nice person to tell the truth will drag you in within the spiral of fight in between scammers. When we finally know the truth, only can be silent as an observer, stay calmly, do nothing.

Here is the result of war last week. We fight for life, we can’t see our enemy, but we see the thoughts, don’t you?

Screenshot from 2024-10-14 12-08-12

Thoughts: Lord-less Knights

We have the pride, but it’s useless
We have the rights, but it’s senseless
We make actions to claim our wealth
Only result that tells us their weight

Market is a blind creature
She is the mother of all powers
No pride and rights will be served
As a dancing dragon we have to bear with.

Market is a mystery. It’s never can be tamed, as many lords try to pull and push it for their favour. As a trader, we are a knight that serve no lord but ourselves. Our destiny to have glory for ourselves, let us to be involved with countless battles. Balance is our soldiers. Only by winning, we can be a king. This is the holydream, since then the story of The Knight-errant begins.

I feel so bored, looking at the battlefield. The EURUSD dragon is lying down, it moves lazily. I have no choice but to keep my distance with him. My soldiers is too small. I can only give gentle pokes to dragon’s belly to make him moves carefully. However, it has no result.

As a poor knights, my soldiers are armed by wooden spears. I give command to my soldier to be careful with the EURUSD. There are many news will be announced by the lords this week. Bad news is still hunting around the lords, so the dragons is expected to move uncontrollably. Let see, if my soldier can kick the EURUSD’s butt up for 62 pips.

I only have 350 soldiers, since the dragons aren’t in good mood, I’m considering to hire more soldiers.

Technicality: Methods Optimization

Trading is indeed boring activity. Drowsiness, loneliness, emptiness are happened everyday. Still I have to thanks for the blessing that has been given endlessly from this field. Love what we do, and give to who we love.

Although nothing comes for free, I still can enjoy the result for the rest of my life. Many things that have been sacrificed, time, body prime, money, mental health are the currency for this exchange.

There is an old saying, A man does what has to do, dedication tells the rest. My involvement in trading was initiated by accident, but I never knew it will be my savior.

Countless of pills I have drunk too soothing my headache
Countless of hopelessness have been crossing with anxiety
Just for reaching the land of serenity

I love literature, let me imagine how glory truly meant in the past. Resting my mind, while waiting market to move, sometime I play my old cheap piano, even though I’m not good at it. :sweat_smile:

Back to optimization, when we already has a good methodology, we have to grab it strong, don’t be seduced by others. If you are iron smith, you made your on ironware. If others can make things better, you must stay in your cycle to improve yourself by your own skill. You may learn from others, but in the end you have to rely with your vision. Adopting others skill will be a reset button to what we have.

Expanding our mind is the next phase to optimize our methodology. We need to study our strategy by using other perspective. Simple example, when we are trading with M15, you try to analyze your position base on H1, H4, D1 and W1. Find out the hidden phenomenon behind those perspectives.

You can also expand your methodology by looking of market time, design a method to collaborate them. News is also a good ingridient to make a well seasoned trader.

There are many way to optimize methodology, but we need to do it on a strong base methodology. Most of traders don’t have it. They just like grasshopper, jump from one methodology to others, restless.

We don’t need the same methodology to start. If things are done correctly, we are reaching the same place.

Earth is round, whatever direction we go, from the same location, move straight, we will reach the same destination.

Trades: Amygdala’s Rush

When market is moving against me, I always watch closely my thoughts. Even I can see patterns, fear and greed are manipulating my rationality, shaking my plans. :no_mouth:

There is a feeling to abandon all of my plan, fear of losing money asks me to close all positions, while the greed is telling me profit according to historical patterns. They are trying hard to convince me, I lost in the middle, don’t know what to do. :cold_face:

It rises many doubts to myself. Am I good in trading? Or, my past experiences were just a matter of lucks. One fear comes to another, what will be happened when I loss all the money? How to feed my family? Headache comes, pouring more sweats. My calmness gets eroded bit by bit. Being confused, I feel hard to breath, I let myself fall. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

After so many years, I still suffer from these kind of turmoils. :roll_eyes:

The amygdala is doing its purpose. Only by letting amygdala knows there is a solution, the chaos will be over. This is how we identify our limit in trading. Rationality is our shield to fight greed and fear. :pleading_face:

When my body has been shaking, I force my self down, sitting on the floor, meditating. Ignoring all impulses, noticing my breath only. For awhile, the thoughts keep fighting each others. My only task is notice their existence without making any responde, no attachment, no desire. Good is good, bad is bad. :dotted_line_face:

No desire means everything is nothing. Suddenly, the fear and greed are subsided. I stay in nothingness for awhile, resting. When I’m ready, I will come back … :slight_smile:

Technicality: Trader Entrepreneurship

When we start to have interest in trading, we only think of making money, fast track to become wealthy. Many traders show their unfair result, attracting us to have the same experience with money. We dare not ask what the motives are.

All must have reason, they are not always a bad things. Some just for the sake of sharing, business or testing for a possible opportunity in trading industry. As long as the person really has qualification, back by proof nothing is wrong. The problem is when it’s done by incompetent person who claims to be expert. :roll_eyes:

There are many channels can be ridden in Trading industry. It’s really a big business. We decide in which part we want to be part of.

Trader, is the first thing to be in this industry. You use your own money, trade for profit every single day. Skill is required, the more money you put in, higher earning you will have. Basically you are running your business alone.

Next is Marketing Partner. We can be the affiliate marketeer or introducing broker. You need help broker to do marketing campaigns to have more trader register to a broker. The more users are registered, more income will you have. There are many way to attract users, such as better trading condition under your campaign, free trading signal, free courses and free consultation. Anything for the best of our users.

When you are good in trading, you can be a Signal Provider. You can share your position to others as long as they are joining your premium membership. Since many free signals are out there, this scenario is no longer popular. But still we can see them growing as in copy trading, premium trading group.

We can also Trading System Developer. We can develop a software and sell it or service to develop software related to trading. Currently, this field is popularized by AI. Many amateurs suddenly become professional in one night. But experience can’t lie.

For seasoned trader, opportunity becomes fund manager will be opened. You will manage institution fund, or even trading in real market. To test the water, we can start in a prop firm company. The core is about money & risk management.

Proprietary Platform Trading is the next challenge. It’s not prop firm, it’s trading in a “specific” platform. You need to develop a system that work on those particular platform. You need to have a direct connection to the “market”. We are dealing with market, RAW!

Once you are famous enough, you can start a firm for Finance and Trading Advisor. We need to have a solid trading record for a very long time, it’s not a self proclaimed record. You need to have published tons of articles to proof all of your principles.

The last one will be owning a broker. We can start as a white label or an independently full licensed firm.

The easiest one will be fund manager. Many others, who have money, want a growth as investment or passive income. Unfortunately, many incompetent fund managers also take the opportunities and run when it fails. Sadly, it ruins the trading industry, marking trading equals to gambling. Worse, trader = scammer. :cry:

Bad guys are everywhere is unavoidable. This is the reason of why trading is categorized as a high risk activity. Why to bother? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Technicality: Trading vs Convenience Store

I’m always wondering which one is better? … mumble … mumble … mumble … :face_in_clouds:
I have both of them, a real business and trading account. Which one is better,that’s the question? :thinking:

Honestly, I don’t know. I opened a small convenience store in 2011. I invested around 200k in the beginning. In the beginning, the store didn’t make profit. It was a burden, needed injection every month to pay all the bills. I took 2k each month to operate. Luckily it stated to break even in third month.

At the same year, I also started trading an account with 100 USD. I don’t want to compare them but the experiences what I want to share. I focus only on ROI. in 2017, my store had been operated for 6 years, I remember it, since it was the time i realized my investment had returned 100% (ROI). The burden felt lifted, I finally could enjoy the sweet profit. :grin: But, when I compared to my trading account, it was almost 150k.

In a glance, I may conclude trading is superior. However, it’s not just comparing number.

I still remember the hardwork to keep my store running. I don’t have such experience with trading. But I can’t forget the sleepess nights I got from trading.

I tried to open my second store and a trading account to compare. I let a robot to manage my trading with considerable low risk, in the end after 4 years they were about the same, of course trading was still bigger.

I still can’t conclude anything. It just let me believe, anything we do for money is business. Just do it seriously … it’s worthy. :thinking:

1 Like

Technicality: Trading vs Cafe

When I have extra money, I always think what to do next. It was time I thought of having a nice simple Cafe that feels like home. When I felt bored at home, I would just go visiting my Cafe, continuing my trading. Feels good, doesn’t it?

I took out 150k to start the business, it took 6 months from searching for good location, legal paper, renovation, merchandising, kitchenette, bar’s equipment and supplies. I was out of cash :sob: … I took another 100k to run the business. :cry:

I have to admit cafe is not a good business. It took me almost 12 months to reach break even point. Don’t even think of ROI, it will be a long long journey a head, unless I invent a drink to maintain our youth, it will be a turning point. Most of the visitors are female and family anyway.

What I want to share here, investing 250k for cafe can’t be comparable with trading, result wise. Cafe is a long time business, safer as long as there people around.

Trading with 250k, will lead you to at least 50% profit / year. In within 2 years, we can reach ROI, as long as you can digest all the risks. :thinking:

Technicality: Cut Loss In Trading vs Real Life

Our life is full of surprises for good and bad things.
It’s our thought let it be a happiness or sadness.
It’s our decision to have it accepted or rejected.
In the end, all of those are either lessons or punishments.

I always think of trading identical to a common business. There is time for making profit or losing money. We need to accept both side widely and friendly. It’s just trading in financial instrument, profit and loss are seen clearly, quickly and decisively.

When doing business, everything runs slow. Having experience in trading, most of us can calculate thing quickly, know the outcome faster. It’s a benefit for being a trader.

There was time in 2011, I got project from few customers. I run an IT infrastructure company. In short, we needed 3000 units of hard disks. Proposals had been signed, budget had been made. Unfortunately, there was disaster in Thailand, flooded electronic companies, one of them was the biggest hard disk manufacturer. Immediately, there was shortage hard disk supply in the market, the price was skyrocketing. The hard disk’s price was normally about 140 USD, went up to 425 USD.

I was devastating, not be able to deliver projects according to budget. I tried to renegotiation, most of customers rejected the new price, threatening with legal action. In the end, to maintain company reputation, I delivered projects with a huge negative profit. It reached almost minus 200k USD :sob:

Why did I continue the project and accept the loss? Nobody want to lose. But, postponing the project would burden me, escalated to legal action, I had to waste more money and time. The 200k lost would be the best price to keep my reputation and company running. I decided to cut loss 200k in my business.

There are many other incidents. And comparing all of those with trading, cut loss is a small thing. When your background is an entrepreneur, cut loss in trading is really something small. You can face the risk.

Cut loss is a skill related to risk and money management. We have to be decisive to protect our capital and business future.

Trades: EURUSD New Cycle

EURUSD is landing in its support. How should we think here?

Even there is no certainty, base on past historical data, we can see there are three strong support. We have to see them as an important areas. They will be an area for market accumulate. In other word, liquidity zone.

As in price action, we believe there will be correction. Market will always move in range to range scenario. So there will be an opportunity to long with EURUSD.

The target will be around the bottom of previous range. If we are not confident enough, target should be around 1.099xx.

If you are good with averaging, starting to average is possible, as long as you have enough margin for moderate layering size. But for single setup, to have 2.5 RR at least to try these three opportunity. Other than that, you need to apply some martingale.

This is an example how to pick a trading scenario. Starting by technical analysis, we go to money management then calculating risk. We have calculated possible scenario before making profit. Nothing is certain, but we can define our limit. :innocent:

Hi, @TYGMedia, i noted the same thing on 1D EUR/USD seems to be respecting Support level.

What do you mean by market moves in range to range?

I currently have a position opened to long targeting price at 1.0870, lets see what happens

Hi @tomo22, Range to range means something bellow.

After making a range, it will move up or down. It will then form a range again.
So, we have to monitor, when market is moving in a range. I want to mention it as sideways or consolidate, but it will be misinterpreted by market phase.

As you can see, the range is turning up, it’s telling you market is about to reverse. This is when you can have super setup, can have 1:5 RR, sometime, it can reach 1:8 RR.

overall would maket really reverse? or just in that 5min TF?

Because overtly, market is at a support level which it looks like a reversal is occurring in a bullish direction, however now looking at this it might not be a reversal could head down to 1.7xxx area

@TYGMedia

also whlist your here @TYGMedia, how do you spend your free time whilist waiting for a trade/market to form?

Hi @tomo22, We have no certainty in the market. :slight_smile:

This is why Money and Risk Management become so important. We have to manage the risk to generate profit :grin:. Technical Analysis is only 20%, while the rest rely on our mentality, risk and money management.

Base on chart bellow

Look at the green box. You can observe it by create a rectangle of yesterday daily candle. Then you observe the candle movement on lower TF. You will see the manuver of price movement. Don’t just back test it, feel its movement live. Draw range to range, you train your eye to see how it stop to move, prepare to go up / down, prepare to reverse. In the same time, monitor the area of the “thing” at higher TF.

Here is the screen setup during my trade. I use 20 monitors during trading. The setup is always LTF next to HTF.