TYG's Trading Story - Thoughts, Trades and Technicallity

How about like this? :upside_down_face: :smile:

You mention the “death cross” which is a negative crossover of a long and short term MA’s, but I can only see one MA on your chart (50-period SMA?) Are you also using a 200-period SMA for the crossover?

Hi @SovoS, when there is only one MA on the chart, the death cross will be when the close candle crossing the MA. So, Raoh released Nanto Shinken when there is Power Crosing it :laughing:

Golden/Death cross don’t always need 2 MA,

OK, thks for the explanation.
If you are relying on just candle closes through the MA, then there is the risk of whipsawing in consolidating price structure. Are you using just the 4H chart? Do you also take any notice of the angle of your MA line at the time of the close through it?

Hi @SovoS , You are welcome :slight_smile:

I will consider cross over when the close candle bellow (death cross) or above (golden cross) MA. So when the candle tail has crossing the MA, without the rule above, I won’t be considered as crossover. Remember the MA is generated by Close Candle.

This method can be applied when we can see pattern in the instrument. It has to be applied on strong candle, H4 for EURUSD. Then angle of the MA isn’t considered here. But the MA’s angle usually considered when we trade minor pair. Reason is volatility. If the instrument has low volatility, the MA’s angle is important.

Use golden/death cross as complement. My primary technique is PA. Other tools are complement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trade: EURUSD Journal

1. Analysis PAMAR

As we can see, Power is moving at Toki’s floor, the green line. Yuria is there. But Yuria doesn’t look good. Yuria has crossing the red line, to let us know hers existence.
Market is too slow today. No high impact news, it makes Yuria lying near Toki. Let see if FOMC can move Power around Yuria. Yuria need to reach Raoh, then Kenshiro will be furious to release a full set of Nanto Shinken … TA TAT TAT TAT TA … :rofl:

2. Psychology
I don’t feel good with Yuria. It seems Power will move bellow Yuria. I have doubt with Kenshiro. I don’t know what I scare of … is it because Kenshiro being ignored? Or, the shadow that keep looking at me. Shadow or ghost? Yes, I can see ghost, literally. :sweat_smile:

3. Action
Nothing to do for now, just wait for awhile

4. Result

Yuria, why don’t you lift the power?
Kenshiro is waiting for you bitterly.
Rhao is furious, but he love you deeply.
Yuria, where will you move unconditionally?

1 Like

Thoughts: It’s Time to Find A Better Place.

I’m a workaholic person. I enjoy my work as engineer, analyst and trader. When others take leave, I’m the only one online, monitoring chart.

I work for my family, getting older one by one my friends has gone. So, what else to do? I have done everything I wanted, only left things about my family.

It feels so exhausted sometime, then I need something different to do, such as gym, swimming, walking in the park or just wondering beside goose’s pond. When I feel so tired, visiting a forum also can be entertaining.

However, nothing is perfect. Sometime we meet someone so annoying, ruining my resting time. This kind of person is literally everywhere can’t be avoided, unfortunately. I am always think others in positive way, but the annoying people just doesn’t know how to behave and how to respect others.

As I said, I can see ghosts or spirits. Let call them spirits. Even the spirits will behave better compare to human nowadays. :sweat_smile: They know what is politeness, the same way I will be hesitate to disturb them.

Accompanied by the spirits feel better, pondering each other, resting my mind. Once I consulted with a psychiatrist, afraid of having mental illness and hallucinated. It was turned out I am normal, but still the phenomena is an anomaly in life.

It seems that I don’t have fate for having good friend in this world. My place is in between the spirits and cats, the wild cats.

Even as now, in front of my desk, two cats near me, one spirit is standing at one of the corners. :thinking: I am wondering if they can predict where XAU is going to?

2 Likes

Thoughts: Market Instability

The first thing we have to accept when we decide to be a trader is the uncertainty. The only thing we are certain about is uncertainty. How ironic is the market, when it attracts so many people to grab a piece of it, but it actually is unreliable. Here come then, the art to make unreliable becomes reliable. :smiley:

Last week, market wasn’t really good. XAU was sideways. EURUSD wasn’t move much neither. But there was good movement in USDCAD. Similar to when you open a store. When you only sell egg, when people need egg, you are flooded with wealth. When people need other things, you will bite your finger nail, jealous of other’s cut.

Bubbling greed makes our senses dull. Placing order just like we are invincible, then questioning our adventure for number. Do we still competent enough to walk down this bloody route? Do we just care too much with ego inside our thick skull?

So many false statement shoot around, feeling pity also won’t help. Being a nice person to tell the truth will drag you in within the spiral of fight in between scammers. When we finally know the truth, only can be silent as an observer, stay calmly, do nothing.

Here is the result of war last week. We fight for life, we can’t see our enemy, but we see the thoughts, don’t you?

Screenshot from 2024-10-14 12-08-12

Thoughts: Lord-less Knights

We have the pride, but it’s useless
We have the rights, but it’s senseless
We make actions to claim our wealth
Only result that tells us their weight

Market is a blind creature
She is the mother of all powers
No pride and rights will be served
As a dancing dragon we have to bear with.

Market is a mystery. It’s never can be tamed, as many lords try to pull and push it for their favour. As a trader, we are a knight that serve no lord but ourselves. Our destiny to have glory for ourselves, let us to be involved with countless battles. Balance is our soldiers. Only by winning, we can be a king. This is the holydream, since then the story of The Knight-errant begins.

I feel so bored, looking at the battlefield. The EURUSD dragon is lying down, it moves lazily. I have no choice but to keep my distance with him. My soldiers is too small. I can only give gentle pokes to dragon’s belly to make him moves carefully. However, it has no result.

As a poor knights, my soldiers are armed by wooden spears. I give command to my soldier to be careful with the EURUSD. There are many news will be announced by the lords this week. Bad news is still hunting around the lords, so the dragons is expected to move uncontrollably. Let see, if my soldier can kick the EURUSD’s butt up for 62 pips.

I only have 350 soldiers, since the dragons aren’t in good mood, I’m considering to hire more soldiers.

Technicality: Methods Optimization

Trading is indeed boring activity. Drowsiness, loneliness, emptiness are happened everyday. Still I have to thanks for the blessing that has been given endlessly from this field. Love what we do, and give to who we love.

Although nothing comes for free, I still can enjoy the result for the rest of my life. Many things that have been sacrificed, time, body prime, money, mental health are the currency for this exchange.

There is an old saying, A man does what has to do, dedication tells the rest. My involvement in trading was initiated by accident, but I never knew it will be my savior.

Countless of pills I have drunk too soothing my headache
Countless of hopelessness have been crossing with anxiety
Just for reaching the land of serenity

I love literature, let me imagine how glory truly meant in the past. Resting my mind, while waiting market to move, sometime I play my old cheap piano, even though I’m not good at it. :sweat_smile:

Back to optimization, when we already has a good methodology, we have to grab it strong, don’t be seduced by others. If you are iron smith, you made your on ironware. If others can make things better, you must stay in your cycle to improve yourself by your own skill. You may learn from others, but in the end you have to rely with your vision. Adopting others skill will be a reset button to what we have.

Expanding our mind is the next phase to optimize our methodology. We need to study our strategy by using other perspective. Simple example, when we are trading with M15, you try to analyze your position base on H1, H4, D1 and W1. Find out the hidden phenomenon behind those perspectives.

You can also expand your methodology by looking of market time, design a method to collaborate them. News is also a good ingridient to make a well seasoned trader.

There are many way to optimize methodology, but we need to do it on a strong base methodology. Most of traders don’t have it. They just like grasshopper, jump from one methodology to others, restless.

We don’t need the same methodology to start. If things are done correctly, we are reaching the same place.

Earth is round, whatever direction we go, from the same location, move straight, we will reach the same destination.

Trades: Amygdala’s Rush

When market is moving against me, I always watch closely my thoughts. Even I can see patterns, fear and greed are manipulating my rationality, shaking my plans. :no_mouth:

There is a feeling to abandon all of my plan, fear of losing money asks me to close all positions, while the greed is telling me profit according to historical patterns. They are trying hard to convince me, I lost in the middle, don’t know what to do. :cold_face:

It rises many doubts to myself. Am I good in trading? Or, my past experiences were just a matter of lucks. One fear comes to another, what will be happened when I loss all the money? How to feed my family? Headache comes, pouring more sweats. My calmness gets eroded bit by bit. Being confused, I feel hard to breath, I let myself fall. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

After so many years, I still suffer from these kind of turmoils. :roll_eyes:

The amygdala is doing its purpose. Only by letting amygdala knows there is a solution, the chaos will be over. This is how we identify our limit in trading. Rationality is our shield to fight greed and fear. :pleading_face:

When my body has been shaking, I force my self down, sitting on the floor, meditating. Ignoring all impulses, noticing my breath only. For awhile, the thoughts keep fighting each others. My only task is notice their existence without making any responde, no attachment, no desire. Good is good, bad is bad. :dotted_line_face:

No desire means everything is nothing. Suddenly, the fear and greed are subsided. I stay in nothingness for awhile, resting. When I’m ready, I will come back … :slight_smile: