U.S. retail gasoline prices continue to surge

So you’re saying the previous administration and Congress didn’t have a role?

Because off the top of my head, I could a name a few things that contributed to the current situation in the US:

• Trump imposes tougher oil sanctions on Venezuela (2019)
  • Poor early response to COVID-19 (causing massive demand destruction)
  • Trump signs $2.2T stimulus bill (Mar 2020)
  • Trump signs $900B coronavirus relief bill (Dec 2020)

Given that Biden has been in office for a little over 500 days, I think you give him too much credit for events that have unfolded so far, events caused by many moving parts that have been years in the making.

The current sitting president just gets to be the “lucky” one who has to deal with it.

2 Likes

So you saying that the Russian invasion on Ukraine was the fault of the US president and congress.

Here’s Oil, weekly chart:

Looks like a pretty clear connection to me. And you can pull up pretty much any chart and see the same thing.

Correctly if I am wrong but did not Trump take actions in late January of 2020 at the same time the WHO was saying their was no global threat and no need for any travel restrictions ,

and as late as end of February just two weeks before the lock down you had Pelosi urging people to go out and visit China Town

so mush more to say, but got to go, more to come

1 Like

what actions?

Congratulations - It;s here now !

Hey what about the plagues of Black Locusts ?

Patience my boy !

What about falling sea levels ?

What about them ?

Link

"Climate Change Kicks the Buckets - YouTube

1 Like

Huge drop-off caused by Covid.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_oil_rotary_rigs

is this a chart of operational oil rigs, what is it you are trying to say with this chart and what does it have to do with gas prices

1 Like

I commented rigs doubled since Jan 2021. You said that was ridiculous. I’m showing you the data.

1 Like

Ok, they’ve double that period, but that’s a very distorted view of the situation, they were 1/3 what they were in January 2020 and still way below that number. Which is surprising considering how profitable they should be right now

1 Like

I am still saying that is ridiculous, there is no way to build that many rigs, the data you are looking at is for rigs on-line, or operational , rigs where shut down when world oil demand saw a negative per barrel price for oil, rigs are slowly coming back on-line and you are calling that a double of rigs, it is not the same.

1 Like

having a reasonable conversation with logic is lost on some here, but thanks for joining in, we just have to keep fighting the good battle

2 Likes

The point isn’t whether WHO or Pelosi said this or that. Earlier you had said this:

And yes I do blame the current US president and congress, this happen on their watch, in response to their actions

So to be consistent, since the pandemic happened during Trump’s watch, since he was the current president at the time, then you should blame him as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Buddy, you got some twisted logic, and it is all centered on blaming Trump, You have the World Health Organization, and one of its major functions is to alert and contain pandemics, which it failed, presidents of all countries depended on the WHO to do that job and it failed, no president of any country except maybe China can be blamed for covid, and how in the world are we on this subject anyway, I thought this thread was about gas prices.

1 Like

A timeline of the Trump administration’s coronavirus actions

The administration’s response has been widespread, ranging from downplaying the crisis to enormous bailouts. It has also been the subject of much criticism, with Trump taking to his daily briefings to defend his response, often making contradictory claims.

Here is a timeline of key actions taken by the Trump administration related to its response to the virus within the US:

I believe that th eLAb it “Didn’t escape from” was in large part funded by the USA ?

Quite so and you will recall that President Trump took advice on the realities of the Global warming BS from real experts (as real business people would) before ditching the “Paris accord” and going some way to returning the USA to self-sufficiency in Gas and particulasrly Oil.

All of which was immediately ditched by the Zombie when he got “Elected”

History will really lauigh at us all for getting hysterical over Plant food as poison ! :rofl: - Just as we laugh at the stupidity of the “Witch trials” a few years back ! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

LINK is green writing

"William Happer - Climate, an Extraordinary Popular Delusion - YouTube

Effect of CO2 on plant growth

Global Greening already casued by CO2 !

1 Like

I never said I blame Trump for anything. You are the one trying to assign blame to presidents for whatever happens on their “watch”.

If X happened during Biden’s presidency, it’s Biden’s fault. Therefore, if Y happened during Trump’s presidency, it’s Trump’s fault.

See how that logic doesn’t make sense?

As I said, you give too much credit to presidents.

1 Like

More twisted logic, you post this

But before you posted this

Because off the top of my head, I could a name a few things that contributed to the current situation in the US:

• Trump imposes tougher oil sanctions on Venezuela (2019)
  • Poor early response to COVID-19 (causing massive demand destruction)
  • Trump signs $2.2T stimulus bill (Mar 2020)
  • Trump signs $900B coronavirus relief bill (Dec 2020)
    [/quote]

Trump, Trump, Trump you seem to be giving too much credit ( blame) to one president

Is it possible for you to defend biden without blaming President Trump for something,

1 Like

It’s getting rough. $118 a week to fill up my husband’s truck just to go back and forth to work, nevermind for anything extra. It used to be $30 to fill up my car and now it takes double. I put $15 in my car a few days ago and the gas light came back on within 5 minutes.

3 Likes

It sucks. Have you changed any of your driving patterns to accommodate this ridiculous rise in gas prices? @HeavenRobinson

2 Likes