UMS Live

Yes i still trade this method

Hi damo! So happy to know someone is there. Can’t wait for tymen’s return. I trade this method and I’m so happy with it. Since I haven’t seen new messages related to this I thought people had given up.

Regards!!

For the record I am still looking/demo tradng this method and have had some good success with it. But with that being said I am trying to be dynamic and try different things out as well.

That being said I am pretty sad that there are barely any people posting on this thread or the other UML thread. I was in the main thread at the beginning and have been all the way through just in silence because I never thought of posting…

But I am back and hoping to give/receive some information! :slight_smile:

Well I�m actually doing great with this method and I can�t wait for this thread to be active again. I hope this to happen once tymen is back by february as he said.

See you soon.

Hey guys,

I’m demo trading this system too, and it really does an oustanding job at scalping volatilitywithin a trend. I’ve been demo’ing forex for about 4 months now, and this is the first system that really fits my mindset. I was struggling to be consistent before I took this up.

I’m not capturing quite as much of the profit as Tymen did, but my emphasis has been on limiting downside risk. I don’t let the losses run as far as Tymen, and correspondingly I tend to take profit a bit sooner. For example, if the trend flattens on the 5 min chart, I enter only on more extreme moves and exit on more modest ones. I’ve missed a few opportunities being a bit more conservative, but in the past my problems were jumping in too quickly or for the wrong reasons :slight_smile:

With a bit of patience, waiting for extreme patterns, and sticking to the rules I’ve found this system is about 90% reliable. A little time consuming, but easily worth the trouble as theres very little anxiety, and very minimal drawdown. I’m a convert to daytime scalping :wink:

I’ve also found it to be successful at trading the volatility within a strong trend. I wait for an extreme retrace and then ride the trend as it resumes. Not as profitable as a good reversal pattern. Usually finding 6-10pips a trade and rinse and repeat the process until the trend runs out of steam/flattens out. NB i only do this on trends hugging a BB :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say a big THANKS! to Tymen and to everyone else who contributed. Awesome entries, awesome exits! In a few weeks time you’ll be paying my rent :slight_smile:

All the best
Bagz

(PS I got burned on the demo account buy using a PCI stop loss… left it open overnight and lost $3k in funny money! The imaginary wife was pissed about the imaginary loss… Possibly the most dangerous function of Dealbook glad I learned it on the demo…)

Yer you have to be careful, i was in a trade and it was late so i set a stop loss and a limit buy order. It hit my profit target and then returned the other way and hit my stop buy. I checked in the morning and luckily it went the right way and made me money, but it could have been very different

Hi all,

First post here. I was just wondering why this (and the UML) thread both seem to have died out. I have been demo trading this the past few weeks and seems to be working well for me.

Just curious if anyone else is still playing around with this one and if Tymen has been spotted back from his summer vacation.

Just wanted to say thanks to him and everyone here at BP.

We are now busy on this thread…

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/19339-joy-candlestick-trading-part-2-a.html

See you there!!

Hello, My name is Albinas and I am Lithuanian (maybe the only on this forum?). I was studying UM part 1, and started part 2 few weeks ago. I am not sure is this thread is still usable, but I would like to post some interesting thing I noticed with trading patterns.

And what is interesting for me, that I just keep learning forex every day 2h in the morning, and I rarely notice any pattern, but I noticed that on thursday (saw that twice) somewhy lot’s of patterns appear at the same time. I made a picture.

It is also my first time to add an image to forum, so sorry if it won’t work from my first try, but if it really doesn’t work, I will try to fix it.

Hi,
Please look at Tymen’s previous post. You can reach us at the “Joy of Candle Stick Trading” Part 2 thread.

Regards,
Muthu.