Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Not a fan of indices? Por que? The price action is clean on them, the liquidity and volatility is there, easy to read trades. Great for me as of late - especially with FX vols being down a lot.

In terms of currencies, only watching the EU, GU & XAUUSD
EU seems interesting to me as im suspecting any pullbacks may get sold, especially if the ECB does any easing, then we should see the Euro lose ground.

you have any plans to take profit at the blue line/support level, or at least cover part of your short and neutralize some risk?

Hi Chris,

Not a fan means, I have no experience with them. But with your analysis I would like to try those out. Thanks for the comment.

Hi Chris,

Covered part and holding the rest. Looks like previous support will act as a resisitance now. May be I am gonna try another short. What do you think ?

Very well played here. Took some profit off the board at the level, now trailing with more profit locked in. Price action is now consolidations below this level and attempting to bounce. If it can, you are getting out a good locale IMO, and if it continues, you can trail/lock in more profit, so nice work all around here.

I’ll share more today about my live trade on the Nikkei that is now closed for +2.5R.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Definitely worth trying out as the liquidity, price action and levels are quite nice, along with a really good spread on many of them.

Nice Trade Perry. Well done. :slight_smile:

Seems like this trade continues to progress well in your favor.

have you adjusted/trailed the stop to lock in more profit, or still holding at the current level?

Hi Chris,

May i know how to trade based on price action with no indicator?
how do you predicted the market before you open postion

can you guide me?

Another week and month came to a close, everyone have a great week -nd. In the USA we’re having an extended week-nd because of labor day . :smiley: :42:

Hello Pipsturbo,

Have you read the primer article on price action we have here? It is on Impulsive and Corrective Price Action. You can click on the link to go it directly.

Make sure to start here as it forms the base model of how we read/trade price action.

Then from there start here and go through the list of articles and free PA content.

Make sure to ask questions along the way as I am here to help.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hi Chris,

Finally hit the trailed SL on this trade. Looks like UCAD heading to previous major Resistance level around 1.098X area. May be try a small long. How about you ?

EU still ranging and expecting a big move anytime. No trades for me at the moment.

Excellent trade here Perry. Well trailed stop to lock in profit on 2nd target. Nice trade.

Today I’m watching the false break setup and price action on the FTSE 100. Like many of the global indices, they popped higher during EU/London trading, but once US opened, after the pop, they all pulled back, forming a potential false break setup.

Looking at the chart below, you can see the key resistance level the FTSE 100 was holding at intra-day for a few days. Notice how it broke above, then closed back into the range?

If it can get back above the resistance level, then it should retest the daily highs and try to punch higher.

However, if it cannot re-surface back above it, then it should head back to the role reversal level around 6788 and test the bulls there.

Hence this is one of the setups i’m watching today.

Will update later today or manana.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Heads Up:

Bank of Canada Rate decision in a few mins. for all you CAD traders

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Now the S&P intra-day doesn’t even make it to the key 1995 support.

Floor lifting?

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Looks to be that way.
VIX spike today was quickly snuffed.
I like to watch VWO and the JPN225 to gauge risk as well- former gapped up, latter sitting right under a major horizontal zone.

Thanks for sharing your analysis,
Jake

Hola Jake,

Yeah - wondering when the vix smash is coming…likely 30 mins before close, or the 330pm ramp.

If 2000 fails, then 1995 ‘should’ bring some bulls in for the late 2000 push/close.

Nikkei definitely having trouble at this level. if S&P fails, along with others, this should be the first to go

To be continued…

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hi Chris,

I have been following this thread for a little while now, ever since you posted on one of mine and have just traded my first real PA trade. I don’t understand everything you have posted but enough to formulate a basic trading plan on demo was -10 trades in a row then 3 good trades in a row. I have included the real and demo trades I made today, the demo I traded just before BOE news but did not have the confidence to trade real cash till after. Your opinion would be greatly valued.

Real Tade

Demo Trade

Many Thanks

Daren

PS I have copied your 20EMA but don’t really know how it helps?