Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Yes i have USD/CAD long and i will be out by 1400 GMT , and week-nd here i come. :35:

I also like to trade USDCAD mate. Looks like pair may going down. Better to close the trade with + pips.

Ha ha Perry, Similar thing happened to me Cable. By the EU and GU may indicate reversal patter. I am not gonna long for the moment. Patience is the key. Have a lovely weekend guys.

Thank you for the wake up call i will do brendad , and i will be i the plus.

Morning Guys! …it’s been a while since I last visited the forum… hope everyone has been positive :slight_smile: … anyways yes I have 2 open orders and up about + 400 pips on USD/JPY ,just too bad I am using a small account with micro lots lol… I traded the breakout of the range (on the 1 H chart), right after the FOMC and I am still trailing my stop…I did not set any target for this trade…

Have a great week end!

Morning Guys,

HA HA. Look at the USDCAD now . Market never behave according to our thoughts. Going to try a EU short. Market not that bad today. Good luck for this week

Welcome mate. Well done with +400 pips. See you around

there is about 10 yard of euro expiring this week at 1.2500 so not too sure it s going to move much till Thursday.

certainly possible. there is definitely a fight going on around 1.25. the push below looks like an attempt to flush some stops, but since then, not much follow through on the bear side

Great examples

Thanks mate :slight_smile: …just closed my position today for + 480 pips after the market decided to retrace and took out my stop… I will wait for the retracement to be over and some pin bar to rejoin the trend … Also ,the 110 level on the daily is a major support now…

Hello,

Just noticed AUD/NZD has been ranging its been 3 days on the 1 hour chart ,and that exactly comes prior to important news events like NZD ‘Employement change’ today … The MAIN trend is up and there is also price action squeeze on the DAILY and it looks like it will breakout soon…I will only look to buy the pair if it breaks out the resistance of the range on the 1 H time frame … ENTRY should be at 1.13150 (Green line) , STOP : 1.12800 (Red line) , Target : 1.14000 … I will be trailing my stop of course along the way and move to BE after 50 or 60 pips profit

What do you guys think ?

Hey mate,

What happened to the trade ? I trade only majors. Not good at other pairs.

Trying a small long EU long trade with this very active market conditions :smiley:

Hey perryfx :slight_smile:

I trade all pairs majors and crosses, and GBP/JPY is one of favorites because it when it trends ,it keeps going in the same direction and never looks back lol

About AUD/NZD setup , my BUY STOP entry did NOT trigger after Good employement reports for NZD ,which sent the AUD/NZD breaking out the other way! … But I did not take this breakout because it was simply against my rules trading against the main trend… anyways the market will always be there and there will be tons of similar setups … but I must say, had I took this counter trend breakout , I could have been positive by + 100 pips now … after all it is the news that move the market so I try not to trade the breakouts unless there is some force supporting it…

Also , to increase the chance and improve risk/reward ratio , I trade the breakout only when the 20 EMA carries the price in the direction I want it to go (EMA carry + Main trend Breakout), and then after the breakout occurs, I keep trailing my stop using the 20 EMA, which proved to be a very good strategy so far

Looks like you have a very good trading system. I also have a similar system based on the Chris’s learning materials. Glad to have you here. See your more activity in this thread

My previous EU long didn’t work well. SL hit with 20 pips. But not bad for the week as Cable did the job for me with nearly 200 + pips. Closed 3/4 and gonna hold this trade till next week.

Hola Traders,

Babypips recently did a Q&A with me about my trading, what new traders need to know, mentoring students and more.

Click on the link below to see the interview:
Chris Capre Forex Trading Interview with Babypips

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Bad luck for the Euro mate , it was crazy with news these 2 days especially with Mr Draghi’s speech ( ''Mr Trend changer ‘’) lol … and the NFP
And good job with the cable … anyways it has hit a resistance level at 1.58850 near the close of the market, and it seems like it is ready to go down again all the way to 1.58150 ,but maybe we should wait for more confirmation on Monday… until then have a great week end :slight_smile:

Hello Guys,

Very boring market. Like to short EU. But don’t like the current PA.