Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Shill or huckster. Shill | Define Shill at Dictionary.com

Good morning and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I look forward to reading your insights with regard to price action trading.

The only thing I would ask is that you bear in mind that this post is in Newbie Island. Therefore, please bear your audience in mind when explaining topics.

I donā€™t want to disrespect anyone so speaking only for myself I would say that my favourite element of this section is having concepts and topics explained in simple (Newbie) terms.

I look forward to seeing this progress, I wish you luck and I thank you for your time.

Regards,

Padraic

Hey Chris,
Please keep posting.
Your thread seems promising. OP is great.

Probably due to high number of Self-professed gurus posting here, regulars here will treat you with skepticism at first.
And some regs are downright arrogant.
But keep posting and everyone will listen to you.

Questions:
Do you use a Pure price action while trading yourself?

I get what you mean but itā€™s not arrogance, itā€™s just being fed up with the idiots that turn up here, and I must admit Iā€™m one of the first to get at them, so we get a bit blase about it, we get at least 10 a month that just want to advertise and spam, so they get short shrivelā€¦ well they get tested.

Hey I am one of the guys that has a fee charging website, there is only so much you can do for free before you get time wasters.

And fair doā€™s utah here has said heā€™s trying to acclimatise to the forum, and it seems you are providing value utah.

Itā€™s quite simple in the end, the ones that genuinely do want to provide value and help aspiring traders stick around, the fly by nights are gone pretty soon.

I have my own agenda, like most, but what a poor show today though, no way I would have got into an early short this morning, and then nothing this afternoon but a 20 PIP range, forex constipation again!

Hey Purple,
I was not talking about you or your posts. You are not arrogant. Youā€™re probably just fed up and irritated.
That cannot be criticized.
I am a regular member of a forum related to board games and I too get really irritated when someone new pops up giving out ā€œExpert and easy success methods for $ XXX.ā€

If it were not for your skepticism many newbs would lose so much money blindly following wild systems. Actually, thanks for stopping the scammers.

However, I have been lurking around and found that some regulars though are truly arrogant. Examples of thier behaviors : Giving out unwarranted opinions, not answering the questions and going off topic, getting irritated quickly when someone repeatedly asks questions. They usually have more than 1000 posts and have thier own systems. I dislike them. Thatā€™s all.

To arrogant regs: I donā€™t want to run into you guys. Donā€™t derail this thread. Letā€™s leave it here.

I am an arrogant reg. and I will ā€œderailā€ any thread if necessaryā€¦

Now back to the topicā€¦

Chris I will follow you thread, I enjoy your videos at fxstreet. I am always ready to learn something new. :slight_smile:

Good to have you here.

Iā€™ve heard about you as well Chris. And much like Tang and the others, I would agree that as a ā€œbusinessmanā€ you have been open to the criticism. Iā€™ll be lurking around as well.

I enjoy throwing the ā€œmarketingā€ team off their game. :wink: AKA system sellers, signal providers, tutors, mentors, etc.

Anyways, goodluck!

Clark

You donā€™t have 1000 posts. You donā€™t seem to have posted your own system here.

Which one of your ā€œ2 killer strategiesā€ for Ā£97 came up with thisā€¦?

That guy is one of the best traders around these parts from what I have seen. Post count and threads opened by him make no difference. Do not let that fool you

Talk about a baptism of fire for new contributors!

Actually, l guess healthy skepticism is just thatā€¦healthy! Its one of the reasons l like and trust this site, also the fact that there are real people behind it. l had a real problem some time back because for some weird reason internet explorer was blocking my coming here and the help desk guys kept up email contact with me over 2/3 weeks until we resolved the issue. l was amazed they took the trouble for one little subscriber as its not as if l was a paying customer or something! So its a great genuine resource and l think Chris will really add value here as he has a pretty unique and successful approach to PA. As l said in my previous post, even though l am a member of his course l still follow him on FX Street and will do so here. Why? Because he really does give out genuine insight every time he posts something or does a webinar and obviously its not all neatly packaged and then repeated in his own forum; so l keep up and take notes, as they say!
So, looking forward to some lively and informative contributions from everyone hereā€¦just hope there are lots of Swing Traders here too as l am finding even the 4hr charts too fast these days and there seems to be so much focus on the lower timeframes everywhere l look.

Cheers,
Michael

Chris looks to be the begining of a awesome thread here. Welcome to babpips I will following

i dont think the guy is actually interestedā€¦in following up on this threadā€¦we have frightened him offā€¦
i was really looking forward to learning some stuff off this guyā€¦

ah well.

Hello Traders,

Sorry I was out for a day (part Eurocup Semifinal game, part stomach bug, part massive storm that cut off power 5x. Se la vie, but Iā€™m back.

There have been quite a lot of comments/responses here which all seem to point towards the following;
-offer value (plan on it)
-avoid promoting services (check that)
-skepticism is healthy (agreed - trust must be built)
-build content and material here (plan on it)
-quite a lot of interest in price action

Based on all that, I appreciate all the feedback. I can understand your questions and skepticism which to a certain degree is healthy. I am happy to answer questions and be as forthright as possible.

There seems to be a lot of interest in price action which is really good to hear as it is a passion of mine that I plan on unfolding here, starting from the base of my approach/theory and working our way up.

I will also post my daily market commentary in here M-Th along with my weekly commentary in here on Sundays around market open.

Hopefully some of you were able to take advantage of the price action environment from my first setup post as it gave many clear indications of a squeeze and breakout higher, which manifested and went to our first target. If you have questions about this trade that was posted, do not hesitate to ask. But I plan on building this thread as I donā€™t do things small.

Iā€™ll probably add the next portion of my model/theory for trading price action, then post the weekly market outlook on sunday (likely after the Eurocup final :-).

BTW - I also trade quite heavily Ichimoku, and during the week, I sometimes post Ichimoku setups or commentary instead of price action. Should I post those setups here as well, or would it be better to start a thread solely focused on Ichimoku trading? Since yā€™all have more experience in this forum, thought Iā€™d ask.

Kind Regards,
Chris

P/S/ to those of my students here, thank you for sharing and your kind words which are appreciated. Working with all of you is quite enjoyable and I hope to be a part of your continued success in trading.

1 Like

HI 2nd ski forexā€¦
im quite new to the game and would like to understand what you mean by 'bouncing off the oversold lowsā€™
and is the 20 ema your moving average of choice or do you use several.

and you mention a breakdown would have to take out 1.0045ā€¦(is that due to that area being the most recent support and resistance area)

thank youā€¦

Hello Brink,

Good questions. In regards to the 20ema, its my ema of choice but I donā€™t use others. I find it has the perfect balance between being sensitive to shorter term fluctuations, while not being over-reactive. It also presents a good overall longer term perspective, and the market really reacts to it well. When one learns how to use it, it can be highly effective.

The 1.0045 level was from an intraday perspective to me was important being the daily low and london session low of the day. If the squeeze failed to materialize, and we saw a breakdown of that level (last I would suspect intraday players to get in long at), then I would suspect more unwinding, likely to parity.

Hopefully that helps to clarify it a bit more what I was seeing at that time. Now, obviously with the EU summit and short term risk on sentiment, things have changed which I will write about on my sunday weekly forex chart outlook which I will post here.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Thanks Bobmaninc for your kind words.

Iā€™ll be posting the second part of this series later todayā€¦after the Eurocup final of course :slight_smile:

See you then.

Kind Regards,
Chris

I have been interested in in ichimoku and have seen some people be very successful with it. But always found it a bit confusing. I would love to see your take on it and show how you use it.

Hello MeiHua,

Roger thatā€¦am gearing up my popcorn for the Eurocup final now, but perhaps I should start a different thread just for Ichimoku as it could get confusing mixing the two.

Iā€™ll start one later today once the game is over and am posting my new PA article. Likely will begin with an introductory ichimoku article, then build the base of knowledge from there so we start from the basics and work our way up.

If you have any ideas about it, please share.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris read lot about you also gone thru one of your webinar video. Was interesting. I m a newbie and really looking forward to learn something constructive here in this thread. Thanks for your initiative of sharing knowledge.