Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

The trade went my way but didn’t get as far to my 1st tp. Got stopped out at BE. Next trade pls… lol.

Thank you for very much for the positive and encouraging comment.

Great catch on your part.

Cheers.

Pin bars seem to be forming on the 4 hour, nothing is confirmed until the bar closes though…

Just wanted to say lookout for USDJPY AND EURJPY longs, I reckon NZDUSD is going to go for a run aswell…

Happy trading!
Apex.

Apex,

Had positive trades this week… Decided to take a break today. :slight_smile: How about you ? I took some profit from UJ longs. But suddenly candles turned to the downside. So watch out !

See you guys on next week. Happy pipping

Hey Perry, been quiet for the most part, but if that pin bar materialises, then that could be my move of the week, since I missed the EURUSD pinbar yesterday. Most of my money came from my intraday system this week.

See you next week mate, 3 day weekends FTW.

Happy Trading.

Apex.

:slight_smile:

Hello Perry,

Glad to know you have positive trades this week.

Happy weekend mate.

Cheers.

Hi Apex,

After I got break even w/ the Ozzie Dollar, i sold the EURAUD @ 1.2658. Buy stop is @ 1.2686 (28 pips). R&R on this one is @ 3.8:1.

I placed the pending orders after the 1st bullish pinbar off the bottom of the channel.

I’m a bit edgy on this as the buyers are coming in. But I’m going to stick w/ the 20ema/price relationship pattern.

More reasons on why I took this set-up in favor for the bears at the chart below.

Hello B4A,

Some good trade management here as it pulled back and hasn’t produced follow through on the upside.
But glad you found the comments supportive and positive as you definitely have some good price action skills, so keep at it.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

So just a heads up B4A, the A bar in this chart is an Engulfing Bar, not an outside bar. I have an article on my site which talks about the differences, but if it closes below the low of the prior bar in this case, then its an engulfing bar since the high is above the prior bar, and the close is below.

But this is not my favorite breakout-pullback setup or 20ema sell because you are selling in the middle of a larger range. Just my thoughts.

Any update on this trade though as I don’t follow this pair?

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Okay, just an update on my previous post, like I said, the close of the candle is important, well all of the pin bars were too close to “value” for me to consider it a tradeable pattern, even the AUDUSD which did work out, so again, had to rely on intraday systems today…

Are you saying there was a key support/resistance level in front of the pin bar for you to trade it?
Do you have a chart?

Hi Chris,

I’d like to see the low of the previous bearish candle to be taken out and price closes thereabout or lower. If not, I am going to exit one position or both depending on how things play out in less than an hour.

Thanks for the tip on trade management.

Cheers.

…And thanks for the heads up mate.

Have a wonderful weekend Chris.

Well Bull, all i would say is stick to your rules and dont deviate from it.

Hope it works out for ya mate!

Chris, I dont trade horizontal levels to be honest, but the pinbars were just far to close to the tenkan sen, and moving averages, which suggests to me that the market is to close to what I call “value”

Thanks for the correction mate.

Hmm., interesting tip on selling on a larger range.

I’ll take notice of it the next time.

Cheers.

Positions on the EA exited w/ -23 pips.

'Till then guys.

yeah, had a feeling on this one, if that is an upward sloping channel, then you’d want to be looking to get long on the channel bottom and where it meets the horizontal support, not shorting into it, or shorting in a larger range.

that is what I was seeing as the price action with the false break and continual rejection from the downside was suggesting build up.

learn and move on

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hey guys…suppose we all took a lesson from that pinbar…
we live to trade another day…nice weekend all
see ya on monday for a crazier week

You too brother!

Enjoy the weekend!

:slight_smile:

You’re right on the spot w/ your observation Chris.

What’s utterly wrong w/ the trade was my complete disregard of the current price action that pointed to be bullish.

So yeah, I’m learning and moving on.

Next trade please…

Cheers.