Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Hope it works out for you mate.

You raised an important point there, which is that if you are already in a position, and another signal comes up, do you:

A) Do nothing, since you are already in a trade.
B) Add to your existing position and adjust the stop or
C) Just adjust the stop, and dont add to the positon…

Would be interesting to see how you guys approach this.

I prefer to go for B.

Happy trading.
Apex.

Hello Apex,

Add on positions on AUDCAD got stopped out. All my 3 trades this week ended negative eating up 3% of my balance. The original position will be held for as long as no trend reversal in sight.

The other set ups that I saw this week went the way I read it but were leaving w/out a trace of me lol.

Anyway, w/ regards to your question. I have the same approach as you do. I am aiming to produce a leg composed of stacked trades for my long term goal. This is the very purpose of my second position.

Cheers.

Hello Chris,

The best summary about key levels. As I’ve said, I read a lot of times your articles about key levels but your description here provides me w/ additional key infos on how to look at key support and resistances and how to approach them.

Your choice of words here pushed the switch on the light bulb in my head.

Kudos to this.

Hello B4A,

I am glad you liked the article as I wanted to write something about key levels for some time, and put some gusto in this one about how I approach key support and resistance levels.

But always glad to turn a light switch on.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

V
Very good question. For me I do all of the above. It depends on my risk exposure. I will not add on to a position unless the position I am adding is only risking margin already gained from the last position. Meaning say I am in a trade and its up 50 pips. I have already banked some and moved the stop to BE and price pulls back say 20 pips into a S/R level and gives a good signal to enter in the direction of my trade. 50pips - the 20pip pullback= 30 pips is all I can risk. Now this could go deeper into position sizing and all for risk but I am sure you get the point.

If I would assume any additional risk then I will just adjust the stop and wait for price to go further into profit (since you have a good chance of this fact).

If there would not be good breathing room for my trade already in profit or adjusting the stop still would not get me to BE then I do nothing.

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply. Thats similar to what I do, adjust the stop to BE and then add some positions.

I also agree that the breathing room has to be there, or you risk getting stopped out.

Thanks again.
Apex.

Hi bull, thanks for the reply, hope the week ahead brings you success.

And yes, building that alpha by adding positions is a very nice feeling indeed!

Hey guys, a few days ago I said I was going to forward test a 1 minute strategy… Well my strategy appears to work, and it seems as though institutions are using a similar method because the markets are responding at the same levels consistently, this means that the system isnt really one I can use on a 1 minute since I always get slipped on my order as I lose out to the big guns in the market (on smaller TF’s entry is everything!) which is a shame because we are talking 10’s of risk multiples a day here…

Therefore, I think 5 minute is the smallest a retail trader can go. Also, the 5 minute gives you more thinking time compared to the 1 minute - you’ll need a robot to trade the 1 minute effectively.

Going to do some more forward testing on the 5 minute this week, and hopefully it will work out well.

I just thought some people were wondering how my 1 minute testing was going.

Thanks for reading!
Adiós!
Apex.

Hello Chris! Good night!

I just read your article on the fundamental levels and undoubtedly now much easier to trade pullbacks and knowing what it is and how to make it a trend.

Every time I read your articles more, but I’m getting a taste for trading in forex and I’m more motivated and see how it is possible to lead a life trading when we have someone to instruct us to take the right path and follow the exact direction.

As I like to deal only in favor of the trend was very important for me to clarify these concepts of what is a pullback and breakout, and what were fundamental levels. Now I understand, summarizing on fundamental levels, they need to have at least two subcultures to be used as support or resistance levels. Basically that’s what I understood.

I get very motivated when I read your articles and they help me a lot to improve my trading.

Again thank you for your cooperation!

Hello Apex,

Good to hear that the M1 strategy is working for you. Be sure to let me know when you get to H4, I can join you on that…sorry am a H4 trader only;).

After two good baggings on USD/CAD and Gold last week, I can look forward to a fundamentally quiet week ahead but still the market trends are on and chances are gonna be there to trade. Price Action just rocks!

Its French, German and swiss bank holidays today… Certainly going to have an impact until the US session.

Also, Evans from the FOMC is going to speak which may spark something late on.

Trade safe bros!!

Apex.

Hello Bob,

I couldn’t have said it any better. This is also my kind of trade management.

Cheers.

You’re going great on what you’ve been doing mate. Keep it up!

Apex,

Hope all is well with you. No new trades for me at the moment. Closed my AU short and still holding my GU short from the last week. How about you ?

Looks like we have a spammer here to give signals to the PA traders.:smiley:

Your tricks won’t work specially on this thread. Good luck and I suppose Babypips will take action.

Did he get banned/removed already? Couldn’t find the post, but if you remove the link from your ‘quote’, then nobody will go to his site.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello BF,

I am glad the follow up helped and you are getting more motivated, understanding and confident in your trading as that is my goal with this thread and work.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hi Perry!
Had a few trades whilst forward testing the new 5 minute system.

I got hit for a few breakevens before snagging 6+RR in total across all pairs in the morning session… The important thing is Im not getting slipped on my entry as I was on the 1 minute!

But yeah, on my live account, no trades today mate. Im sure that FOMC event is going to make a nice move so watch out for PA or step away from the train!

Trade safe mate.

Apex.

Hi bull, thanks a lot!

It was certainly very fun following the 1 minute chart for a few days, and people make it seem as though absolutely everything on the 1 minute is pure noise… But if your trading with the momentum moves, the 1 minute timeframe can be very prosperous indeed!

Not for retail traders though!

Thanks for the support, ill let the forum know how the 5 minute goes!

Thanks again!
Apex.