Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Thanks for being harsh on a total stranger. I appreciate it. I have left the bad trade behind. My broker Oanda does not allow me to have 2 opposing trades at the same time, they just offset each other.

What I gather from going thru babypips school so far is to look at places where the patterns might continue or reverse in direction. Places like fib levels, PP are mentioned in the school to look out for. I’m still looking towards long to at least 1.34xx where some large fib levels gather. But a 100+ pip drop from the high does make me wonder if there is a change in direction. It broke the lower trend line for a few hours with high volume.

On hindsight, 1.3320 looks like a possible entry, i need a better SL that is not so near… I’ve got so much to learn from you. Thanks again Chris…

Well I’m glad you felt what I was saying was reasonable. Being ‘harsh’ on people is something I think needs to be done skillfully, without judgment. I never want to make these situations personal - just educational as the objective is for you to learn how to trade, and my job is to help facilitate that process.

But glad to hear you have left it behind and moved on. I had something similar waayyyyyyy back in my early days, and when I let it go, I felt like I could really move on.

I’d say watch the dynamic support line I’ve been writing about in my articles this week to see if there is any opportunities. Dropping 100 pips is nothing and happened before in this uptrend. The key is the overall structure is still in play, so keep looking to play longs until it breaks.

As to where to get in - I try and not use fibs, but use support and resistance levels shown via the price action.

Pivots are moreso for intra-day trading, so I only use them when I’m doing real short term trading, otherwise I use S/R levels to look where to get long, put my SL and TP.

But stay tuned and you’ll see more examples of this in the thread.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Ah… I can see the channel in the 4H chart holding nicely. Since I’ve already got stopped out previously, so my next trade based on recent history, I should use SL around 1.3265 and Entry around 13320 when it comes back and touch the 20EMA again? How do you determine TP from this trend? Is is open currently?

Flam, maybe Chris can confirm this, but I’ve set my TP area around 1.3400 which seems to be a key previous resistance area.

Hello Traders,

Hard not to keep talking about the Euro which continues to profit on any buy on dip setups. The 20ema has continued to hold (see chart below), and any savvy price action trader taking such a reco is now likely in good profit.

Ill still consider a dip/buy setup, but only on a highly intraday corrective pullback since a) we are hitting the end of the week and thus closing of positions, and b) we had our first piercing of the 20ema in over a week, so will buy cautiously with tight stops below.

Good hunting.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

SL seems solid, but why such a high entry?

as to TPs, should be min 1.25x your risk, and minimally the recent highs or better

hmmm if i project 20EMA forward, it looks like it is gonna take a few more candles to touch 20 EMA again. As it is acting as support i should use that right?

Hey Apex and Chris,
This is nice advise…notably the days that I go out for a morning jog are usually better trading days. Keep them coming

Hey mate, thanks for the advice.

I can definitely agree that too much adrenaline is bad since it makes me nervous and exit my position way to early sometimes… So yes ill try some weights exercise in the morning.

Also, I hope this doesnt sound stupid, but I have no idea how to meditate, all I know is what I see in movies - Hummmmmmmmm :slight_smile:

So Im going to have to do some research into that. And also binaural beats which ive heard you mention before.

But we’ll see. Good tips though.

Thanks again.

вершина.

Hello Traders, I have been watching the USD/CHF since Mid Asia earlier today. Since 29th May, the pair hasn’t closed above the EMA 20 twice in a row and at the moment the pair has pulled back from a new quarterly low, and has stalled on its former low, (now turned resistance). Coincidentally, its on the dynamic resistance (EMA 20) currently. If the pair is resisted at this region, we may have a good sell opportunity with 100 pips target.

DAny

Chris,

It’s a really nice setup and I am eagerly waiting to buy EU.

Ranging from Wednesday and we have a bit slower market today. If not today am going to keep that trade alive for next week.

Totally Agree with you Chris. Because I also tried book method & that was merely another reading.
But I believe what you are suggesting here is more realistic and make sense.

I think it’s time to try meditation or Yoga. One Question Chirs…

Do we need to do meditation or Yoga everyday ??

Thanks in Advance

been watching the reaction around the EMA 20 for some hours now, but still nothing, gotta wait till 9am and see where this H4 candle closes

Hey Chris, Your bandwidth has maxed out Bro,

just a heads up

Here is my chart for today so far,

Hello Perry,

I don’t think one ‘needs’ to do yoga or meditation every day, but like all things you practice, the more you do it, the more likely you’ll get the benefits from it.

But start small and work your way up.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Thanks for the heads up - we just moved to a new VPS, and it had a strange default setting at like 10GB, when we have over 1000+ available.

We just reset it to a much higher level, so hopefully is not an issue in the future - but thanks for the heads up

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

looks like a pink floyd concert and light show :wink:

Thanks for your engaging reply. I agree with you since so far I have learned on price action, we use different time-frames in making decisions for as favorable entry as possible but we can read signals from any time frames.

I am still working on PA and hope to find my style soon.

Happy trading

or inauguration of World Cup! Thanks MS for the fun…