Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Winner winner chicken dinner. :39:

Same here mate…

Oh, need to add this, Had a little mutt dogs barking outside my window for 2 hours, from 8-10 am, est… Neighbors are annoying, the dogs bark all day and night, 1 jack russel, and 1 choc lab, and its constant, Like right freakin now, for instance…
As long as the dog ain’t telling you to kill the neighbor, you’re good. lol. I live close to a pre-school kindergarten. Sometimes the screams sound so real that I get scared for the kids lol, it’s like someone is killing them all - i don’t remember being that horrific when i was a kid…

hillarious konan,

My guess is that you were worse when you were a kid. hehe

You would think I’d remember screaming like a raving maniac at the top of my lungs. But, you’re probably right - I just blocked it -

Great Morning Traders, Well, here is my first shot at Ichimoku,

Seeing that there is a red cloud forming, tells me, I probably should only look short in the future, but I set a Long limit above the highest part of current cloud, and short limit below the cloud.

Went to get cup of coffee, came back, and seen this… And this is the reason, I trade with a trail stop, because this happens to me ALOT.

Looking at the daily EURUSD, looks like it is at a key resistance area. If its successfull at breaking it then its probably still a good idea to get into a long position after a pullback.

Hello Traders
been following the GBP/USD for three weeks to date. At the close of Friday last week the D1 candle was a hanging man formation. After yesterday’s candle failure to break and close above, the pound has been looking ground quickly and it may mark the beginning of a pullback or a reversal.

On intra day time frames, the second breach of EMA 20. and close below the former low may be an indication of the start of a short term downtrend.

A close 1.5550 may be the breakout confirmation.

keeping an eye on this.
Dany

WOW, what a day, huh?

After further studyn’, I was doing it wrong. Now, Im starting to love this strat. Seeing the light…

OK, carry on, and get them pips!!

Hello MNS,

So just a heads up - this thread is focused on PA, not ichimoku cloud. Now if you want to discuss the price action elements in a chart, feel free to do so, but if you can, help me keep this thread succinct.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Nice analysis here Dany. Combination of higher TF analysis + intraday time frame analysis spotting some key elements to a reversal.

Nicely done mate!

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hey Chris, I thought Ichimoku was price action…

Im really getting the hang of it, and probably will use this from now on, so, I guess i have nothing to offer here.

Wish all the best!!

And thanks for the help,

Hello MNS,

Ichimoku is based off of price action, but its not the study of price action itself.

Hopefully that clarifies it.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Thanks for the information 2ndskiesforex…

Glad you are finding the information useful and good to have you here.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Traders,

Taking a look at the kiwi and the pin bar rejection off 7760. Notice the two days of buying after which were quite impulsive. But since then, the three days of selling haven’t even taken out the lows of the last bull bar. I suspect bulls are going to try and hold the line, and try and make a reversal out of this as short term, they are currently absorbing the selling pressure (chart below).

So I’ll look for buy signals between 7850 and 7815, targeting the big figure at 8000.

Good hunting for today.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Chris, what do you think about the current price action on the 4 hr GBPUSD?

Now that the 20 EMA has been breached and the previous resistance has come into play, would this be a key level to go short after a pullback?

Yesterday’s high was rejected off a key resistance from a year ago on the daily chart.

There is a tiny pin bar formed at resistance on the 4 hour chart.

Except the EURO everything else went down against the US dollar.

Hello Sandlent,

Such a nice observation on the GBP/USD. I see two possibilities here. We can treat this as a possible reversal and take shorts from the inside bar that formed during yesterday’s US session. Alternatively, we may look at it as failed downward breakout, which usually leads to a consolidation and as breakout to either side later.
Grix

Hey guys, I think Im going to start posting some price action analysis more often since it may improve my trading… However, I wouldnt recommend trading based on my advice since price action is not something I have used for a while…

So yes, i may edit this post and put my first analysis after ive eaten something.

Have fun.
Lots of news coming up, if your thinking what Im thinking!

Apex.

If it’s fun you’re talking about then we must not be thinking about the same thing, no. I was thinking to stay out of market today unless BB got my number somehow and told me ahead of time what his tomorrows comments at a random college will be regarding today’s double talk at the FOMC meeting. Just watch his reptilian killuminati eyes today for more clues. As for PA, if you’re gonna do something according to it, better make your SL 200 to 300 pips at least.

No not PA related, more momentum related… Quick in-out moves… Thats if I get a signal though… But I appreciate your concern haha!

Happy trading mate.

:slight_smile: