Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

Have you learnt trading from Chris courses or have you learnt on your own ?

Hey guys,

Still a bit new to this thread, but I really want to talk to some others about trade setups to help myself learn, so apologies in advance if some of these posts are a bit dumb =P. Anyways, almost time for London open and the 1H EUR/USD could repeat a pattern that it showed in the past. Here we have 2 big rejections off the 20 EMA, each followed on consolidation until the 20 EMA catches up to price action and pushes it down again. Iā€™m keeping my eyes open for another downward break from this recent consolidation. Any thoughts?

Curious as to where you will take a trade ie will it be when/if it gets rejected by EMA or when it breaks down past previous low at 1.2806?

Sounds like a good idea as the pattern is already forming. Watch for a continuation signal anytime from now.

Iā€™m going to watch it in real time probably, right now I have my entry set at 1.2797. The next level that served as a support was 1.2747 so I have my TP set there. However, the first strong rejection was 116 pips, the second was 94 pips between the two candles. So the next rejection should be able to hit at least 50 pips even though the rejections are slightly weakening.

there was a gap down when the market reopened and by right it should be a downward continuation with the gap being resistance but the next hour saw it close above the gap thus invalidating itā€¦ market is still undecided at the moment, i will still wait for 1285 for entry for better R:R, i agree with 1274x area being support as itā€™s april lowsā€¦ lets see what london saysā€¦

Donā€™t we have support at 1.2820 region i.e May low ? Iā€™d go short once this level is broken and re-testedā€¦

isnt may low 12796?

Good morning traders,
Its monday again and taking a look at the markets, I canā€™t really see anything. Feels like I am seeing the charts for the first time. But guess its part of tradingā€¦

Hello GS, Unfortunately Im not a member of Chrisā€™ courseā€¦ Although I am super interested in that Ichimoku course, so if I did pick a course to do first, it would be that.

:slight_smile:

Hey guys, a few things have happened so farā€¦ Im just getting used to the platform right nowā€¦ Ive attatched some trades ive taken on the 5 minute, I figured the spreads would be favourableā€¦ But they are most certainly not! This means when I take a trade on the 5 minute timeframe, I have to make sure the spreads are favourableā€¦ I still wanted to share though because I think it is helpful stuff to knowā€¦

So yeah, if the spreads are too high, dont trade itā€¦ Im going to have to tweak with the system a bit to find the best way to trade this.

Other than that there has been some good oppertunities on the 1 hour which I missed (was watching a movie). But other than that, nothing much.

Happy trading.
Apex.

Hello Apex,

Hope everything well with you. I am not asking about your broker but for scalping it is always good to choose brokers with low spreads. Check 100brokers and compare spreads.

And looks like you are trading with 20 ema.

Same here Dany. Typical Monday. Letā€™s see what we can get later today ??

See you around pal

hmmā€¦ i got so fixated with 12744 that i missed the hammer on the start of the weekā€¦ only saw it as a gapā€¦ now we have bullish confirmationā€¦ i wonder how much higher it can goā€¦ next R seems to be 128837, i.e. the open h4 before NFPā€¦

Hi mate, hope everything is going well! The weather in London is superb!

And thanks for the recommendation but you get what you pay for, I dont want to risk my money at a bucket shopā€¦ I will only trust low spreads at big institutions (MIG, Deutsche, UBS etc.) So since Im not shifting massive amounts, I dont expect that sort of deal - Instead, im going to widen my stop, and tweak my entry so im not getting caught in ranges like you saw in the image I posted.

BTW. I would never consider myself a scalperā€¦ My 5 minute trades are held typically for the whole London/NY session. I would call myself an intraday trader, although I also trade the 4 hour and dailies, so I guess that makes me a medium-long term trader too.

Happy holidays mate, enjoy this weather - Absolutely beautiful!

:smiley:

This is the EURJPY on the daily, I believe now is an oppertune time to go long IMO. I see potential move to the upside, going long right now is a good option with stops below the short term immediate swing lows. Move that stop to BE and take half of the table after 1:1 is how I would play itā€¦ But we are close to year highs so expect a riot!

Happy trading!
Apex.
:smiley:

Hey guys seems, like everyone is enjoying the nice weather.
Well the trading weather seems to be rather full of turbulence today.
After a day of market correction with the USD exhibiting a generalized weakness throughout the day.
Looking at the dollar index, we have had a steep fall from Fridayā€™s high but still north of the EMA 20 and the former R/S level.
On the D1 timeframe, this looks more of a retracement with the daily bar failing to make any new lows.

How I see this is that we may have some continuation signals around the EMA 20 by the end of tomorrow, thereby we may have multiple entries on the USD pairs.

Keep watching this

Grix

Get on their active trader platform which will reduce the spreads significantly.

Hello Traders,

Back to regular posting after the needed vacation from my vacation, Crude Oil has formed a pin bar off support, which was a prior resistance in this bull trend. It is also near the 4hr 20ema. The current pullback is looking corrective, so am expecting more upside. That + the Egypt situation cannot be good for lower oil prices.

So will look to buy around this level, targeting 103.45 and 103.99.

Good luck trading today.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hi Chris is it better to learn trading on 1 pair only or is it better to study PA on a few pairs?