Universitycontest how can i lose all

Hi

i will have a contest at my university
the winner is you lose all the money in your virtual account (or you lose more money) in one month

this is not a joke is real and has a very purpose defined for contestants

which would be the way to more effective for losing money ???

Which name of bad robot or other way???

I very much appreciate your help

thanks

roberto rodriguez

its often very useful to think about how to lose the most effectively.

The best method is to open a trade, and then close it immediately. By doing so, you’ll lose the spread. just repeat until the account is empty. with reasonable position sizing you’ll soon empty the account.

Thats probably the optimum strategy.

Thanks for answer

the contest has rules and one rule its the spread(average of many brokers spreads) charge to the account money

why don’t u post all the rules.

Hi

some rules for the contest “lose all”

1-the total spread cost add to the money total amount

2.-for win you need to trade at least 12 trades

3-you can trade(not more than)max 7% of the total capital amount per trade

4.-anytime if your total profit its the same that the starter capital you lose the game

5.-you can use any strategy that you want (buy or rent robots ,or not use robots, your own strategy or the others etc etc)

Yeah, I get that. I’ve actually sweapt a demo account (3000$) trading 1 Minute MACD Crossover within a week or so. It was a long time a go, I was just trying stuff you know! - Try that, maybe you’ll win the contest.

Oh, one more thing. Open all possible charts on your platform and do as much trades as you can.

lose as much money as you can?

i think 95% of traders would be pretty good at such a contest.

[B]Let’s say you have a $50,000 mini demo account, and you want to blow the whole thing as quickly as possible.[/B]

The following system is designed to:

[ul]
[li]over-trade
[/li]
[li] use too much leverage
[/li]
[li] trade against the trend
[/li]
[li] cut profits short
[/li]
[li] let losses run
[/li][/ul]

[B]If you know how to code robots, write one which will make an endless sequence of trades in GBP/JPY, as follows:[/B]

[B]1[/B]. If the previous trade was LONG and was stopped out, OR if the previous trade was SHORT and was limited out,

then the next trade is to be entered LONG.

[B]2.[/B] If the previous trade was SHORT and was stopped out, OR if the previous trade was LONG and was limited out,

then the next trade is to be entered SHORT.

[B]3.[/B] Position size = 48 x account balance / GBP/USD price, rounded UP to the next whole number of mini-lots.

[B]4.[/B] TP = 8 pips

[B]5.[/B] SL = 15 pips

[B]6.[/B] Each trade is to be entered on a MARKET ORDER, including STOP and LIMIT.

[B]7.[/B] As soon as a trade is closed, the next trade is to be entered.

[B]Comments:[/B]

The GBP/JPY is selected because it tends to be a mover; that is, when ranging it tends to be volatile,

and when trending it tends to make substantial moves.

Steps 1 and 2 ensure that the robot always trades AGAINST the trend (in the event that a trend has developed).

Step 3 maintains approximately 5.6% risk on each trade (see example, below)

Step 4 limits profit to 1 pip (assuming a 7-pip spread) whenever the robot accidently makes a profit.

Step 5 lets losses run to 15 pips. This gives the GBP/JPY virtually no breathing room, and ensures that the GBP/JPY

does NOT do a lot of backing-and-filling (and, thus, wasting time) before hitting its stop-loss.

[B]Risk calculation examples:[/B]

Your initial account balance is $50,000.

You must trade in increments of 10,000 GBP (mini-lots of GBP/JPY).

Let’s say that the current price of the GBP/USD is 1.5500

Your first position is determined as follows:

P = 48 x $50,000 / 1.5500 = 1,548,387 GBP = 154.8 mini-lots = 155 mini-lots (rounded UP)

Next, we determine the pip-value for this trade, as follows:

GBP/JPY pip-value = $100 / USD/JPY price, per pip per mini-lot.

Let’s say that the current price of the USD/JPY is 83.000

Then, GBP/JPY pip-value = $100 / 83.000, per pip per mini-lot = $1.20 per pip per mini-lot (rounded to the nearest cent)

For your 155-mini-lot position, total pip-value = 155 x $1.20 = $186.00 per pip

Risk on this trade = $186.00 per pip x 15 pip stop-loss = $2,790.

Risk Percentage = $2,790 risk / $50,000 account balance = 5.58%

Note: this percentage will vary slightly, from trade to trade, due to rounding up the number of mini-lots traded each time.

Let’s say that the first trade is a loser. Loss = 15 pips = $2,790. Account balance is now $47,210.

The next trade will be in the same direction as the losing trade just closed.

For convenience, let’s say that the GBP/USD is still 1.5500, and the USD/JPY is still 83.000

Position size is: P = 48 x $47,210 / 1.5500 = 1,461,987 GBP = 146.2 mini-lots = 147 mini-lots (rounded UP)

GBP/JPY pip-value = $1.20, per pip per mini-lot, as before.

For your 147 mini-lot position, total pip-value = 147 x $1.20 = $176.40

Risk on this trade = $176.40 per pip x 15 pip stop-loss = $2,646.

Risk Percentage = $2,646 risk / $47,210 account balance = 5.6%

So if you reverse all those rules will you have a winning system?

The idea of designing a loosing system is interesting because theoretically all you have to do is reverse it and you will have a winning system. But it’s not quite that simple is it?

What would happen if you took the average noobie destined to blow an account and looked over their shoulder and took exactly the opposite trades?

Well, maybe. One thing’s for sure: you’ll have a helluva-lot-better system.

No, it isn’t that simple. Some processes just aren’t readily reversible. Call it [B]The Law of Forex Entropy.[/B] In addition to reversing all the steps, you have to add a lot of work to the system.

In some cases, I think that would work. The best newbies to use for that purpose would be newbies with emotional problems (by that, I mean emotional problems in trading, not necessarily in life).

A newbie who knows what to do, but chokes and just can’t do it, would be a good candidate for a [B]Newbie-Reverse System.[/B]

He’s the newbie who sees a good set-up, knows he should enter, but hesitates. He waits to see whether the market is really going to go his way.

When it makes a decent move in his direction, he hesitates again, afraid that it will retrace on him.

Eventually, he’s in a panic, afraid he’s going to miss out completely, and he buys at the top. You sell.

On the way down, our emotionally-challenged newbie can’t bear to “book” a loss, so he hangs on. You hang on.

Finally, our poor newbie caves in, sells out, and curses the evil market. You buy, bank your profit, and look around for another newbie with emotional problems.

Lol, this thread has to be a joke right?

Why would anyone do this?

Its certainly not a joke. I dont know of a single profitable trader who didnt go through this excercise.

There are rather a lot of benefits in doing this. The key point is that once you understand the problem, your 95% of the way to finding the solution. Its obviously easier to lose because of transaction costs, but there’s no real difference between designing a profitable or non profitable system. Both are equally difficult to achieve.

I’ve also found that it often provides a very clear indication of just how difficult it actually is to lose large amounts (even when implimenting a ridiculously stupid strategy). That’s often helpful from a psychological perspective in the case of people who fear loss.

Understanding why reversing a losing strategy does not generally work is probably a key stage in a traders development.

Surely the whole idea of trading forums where people without a clue ask advice from others who are equally ignorant, or worse still, taking advice provided by the brokers on the other side of their trades is the real joke. Making students actually think for themselves seams rather a good idea :smiley:

I HAVE TWO QUESTION

IF I WANT TO LOSE FOR THE CONTEST IF I HAVE ONE VERY NEW NEWBIE(BAD LUCK) AND HE WILL PLAY MAKE TRADERS
(FOR LOSE PURPOSE)ITS THE SAME THAT THE NEWBIE MAKE TRADERS WITH DEMO ACOOUNT THAT REAL ACCOUNT??? ITS MORE EASY TO LOSE IN REAL ACCOUNT THAT THE DEMO ACCOUNT ONE NEWBIE(MORE GET NERVOUS IN REAL ACCOUNT CAN BE TRUE???)

THE OTHER QUESTION ITS

I WANT TO LOSE IF I WILL BUY VERY VERY BAD FOREX ROBOT CAN I LOSE VERY SURE AND EASY ???

WHAT KIND OF BAD OR WORSE FOREX ROBOTS I NEED TO FIND???(VERY LITTLE OR EASY SOFTWARE OR VERY sophisticated SOFTWARE BUT BAD FOR MAKE PROFITS???)

Just find one that uses martingale then you’ll loose fast.

I was going to explain this in a post of its own, but since someone is explicitly asking for losing, I might as well do it here.

We begin with an important theorem. That is, that if your system was to pick random trades at random times and let them run til TP/SL was hit, assuming you dont pay spread, you would go break even over an infinite amount of trades.

If you modify that system in such a way that you always take the tiniest profits because you are so anxious to take profits, but let the losers always run til they either hit SL or youre able to take profits, youd skew your system in such a way that youd often not gain much but sometimes lose a lot. We could make this your system.

Whats more important, though, is that you need to pay spread. With this in mind, the easiest way to run out of money is to trade lots that are large compared to your bankroll. If I was you, if I had to get rid of 100000, Id trade 100 standard lots on the AUDNZD pair and enter and leave trades as fast as possible, the spread would kill you soon. Just Make a Robot that creates a trade per second or something.

This is the easiest way to create negative expectation. Run the breakeven system and hang yourself on spread. There will obviously be better systems to **** yourself up, but this is a very simple one and can easily be automated. If you want to die faster, enter more trades on more high spread pairs and just up the numbers. You ideally want your entire bankroll to be in jeopardy in every trade on the highest possible leverage.

And heres a cool lesson you will learn: You can ruin the results of a perfectly fine (in this case breakeven) system by not allowing your trades to hit their TP levels. If you cant trust your own system, you shouldnt be trading in the first place, because inconsistency always kills you.

About the take the big spread for lose i have some rules for the contest

some rules for the contest “lose all”

1-the total spread cost add to the money total amount

2.-for win you need to trade at least 12 trades

3-you can trade(not more than)max 7% of the total capital amount per trade

4.-anytime if your total profit its the same that the starter capital you lose the game

5.-you can use any strategy that you want (buy or rent robots ,or not use robots, your own strategy or the others etc etc)

about the my last post

I HAVE TWO QUESTION

IF I WANT TO LOSE FOR THE CONTEST IF I HAVE ONE VERY NEW NEWBIE(BAD LUCK) AND HE WILL PLAY MAKE TRADERS
(FOR LOSE PURPOSE)ITS THE SAME THAT THE NEWBIE MAKE TRADERS WITH DEMO ACOOUNT THAT REAL ACCOUNT??? ITS MORE EASY TO LOSE IN REAL ACCOUNT THAT THE DEMO ACCOUNT ONE NEWBIE(MORE GET NERVOUS IN REAL ACCOUNT CAN BE TRUE???)

THE OTHER QUESTION ITS

I WANT TO LOSE IF I WILL BUY VERY VERY BAD FOREX ROBOT CAN I LOSE VERY SURE AND EASY ???

WHAT KIND OF BAD OR WORSE FOREX ROBOTS I NEED TO FIND???(VERY LITTLE OR EASY SOFTWARE OR VERY sophisticated SOFTWARE BUT BAD FOR MAKE PROFITS???)

You have just brilliantly summed up why forex is a negative sum game.

You’re right.

You cannot a reverse a losing system into a winning system because the reason why the system is losing is the spread.

All systems are random. The spread kills both sides of the coin.

‘Flipped’ systems have the exact same downward equity curve and negative profit factor.

Emotions have no effect over the movements of the market.

The only way emotions can negatively affect traders is if they cause them to take profit early, which results in a higher percentage of the trade being taken over by the spread.

Since all systems are random and it is the spread that kills, it means that the size of the spread is proportional to the negativity of the expectancy.

So in essence, emotional traders who like to take profits quickly lose faster. Disciplined traders will lose money slower, but they will still lose all their money.

Absolutely 100% correct

Not all systems are random. You wont like this at all, but I deliberately take random entries, but the entry is irrelevant, its the trade management that is important. The distribution in returns are certainly random (and if you understand why and you can accept that, then your way ahead of 99% of people here). My systems despite the deliberate inclusion of random elements in their implimentation are very far from random.

Once again you are talking about negative expectancy systems. You wont like this either, but I have a small account at Oanda where I actually trade flipped versions of my systems. Its part of the QA process I apply to management of my business. I assure you, I can lose money faster trading inverse signals than I would from spread eroding a random entry (I know this because I trade random entries too). If it where not so much hassle to post charts I’d happily show you the equity curves from the last 8 years of trading.