USD/JPY Today for Newbies need confirmation

The US dollar lost another 40 pips against the Japanese yen during the Monday session. The day was opened at an exchange rate of 109.36, and at the end of the session it was 108.96. Daytime extreme values ​​were reached at 109.41 and 108.63, respectively.

The USDJPY is still bouncing to the upside from the 109.00 zone, it may try to reach the 1.1000 level, but a breakdown of the 109.00 level may take the pair to the low at the 108.13 level.

USD/JPY pulled back from 109.80 and for the moment is at the support at 109.30. I think the drop will continue at least to 109.00.

USD/JPY is developing within a relatively tight a range between 108.60 and 109.80. I think that development will continue until Janet Yellen’s speech tomorrow at Jackson Hole.

USD/JPY is testing the resistance of the range it is developing in at 109.80. Depending on the news a possible breakout could lead to a rally to 110.90 - 111.00.

The pair remains in the negative territory while continue showing no clear directional strength.

The news didn’t cause the breakout I was expecting, but the pair did form a bullish spinning top bar on the W1 time frame at 108.60 so we might see a new move to the upside.

USD/JPY broke out below 108.60 after all. The pair continues depreciating and I think it will soon reach 108.00.

I’m long on this one - got in at 10988.6 when I saw confirmation that MA’s and MACD had crossed and RSI had pushed above 50 level on daily chart.

I’m a little wary of the 11000 level as to make a decent profit I am looking for price to push to 11400 level - however, stop is below previous low so I think I can hang in for a another retest of support area if it comes to that.

Looking for better than expected non-farm payrolls data and kim-jong-un to take up a hobby for price to be pushed higher.

Any thoughts on this?

The USDJPY keeps rallying and breaks above the 55 day EMA, possibly visiting the 111.00 level around the 200 day EMA.

I agree, the closest target is at 111.00. If it breaks out above that level, however, the rally could accelerate.

USD/JPY pulled back from 110.66, but the move to the upside may be renewed. That will depend on the NFP data that will be announced in less than two hours.

North Korea weighed in, the pair has a big gap down.

USD/JPY is range-bound below the gap but I think it may recover it in the following days.

Not only is USD/JPY not recovering the gap - so far at least - but it is still slowly depreciating. I think next target will be at 109.00.

The USD/JPY depreciation accelerated yesterday and the pair broke out below 109.00. I think that next target will be the local low at 108.26.

The pair opened higher in the beginning of the week with a gap up in H4 chart.

USD is by far the weakest of the 8 major currencies, Any bullish rallied should be seen as a short setup, until we see US Central Bank action look for USD to continue to weaken, EURUSD and AUDUSD are possible better choices for shorting USD

USD/JPY is very bullish at the moment and I think it will rally back to 109.90 - 110.00. If it breaks out above that resistance zone it may reach 110.60.

USD/JPY did reach 110.60 and formed a high at 110.73. I think if it breaks out above that level it will keep rallying to 111.00 or even to 112.00.