Usd/jpy

USD/JPY could not top 115 but it might do so next week.

Very detailed USDJPY analysis, about to break the weekly triangle

It looks weak on the short-term but it might catch up pretty quick.

The pair looks like it will go higher.

Usd/Jpy is sideway trading and showing no clear directional strength, immediate resistance can be seen at 114.00.

USD/JPY went lower than i expected. But it still looks like a cup pattern.

If you are tracking USDJPY this week, you may consider this top-down technical perspective.

On the daily time frame, price action is strongly under the control of bears. On Friday, the bulls attempted to push price up but were restrained by bears. Should bulls manage a follow-through early this week, we may see a retracement upward, with a likely target being the immediate resistance around the 112.680 area, and may extend to test an inner resistance trendline (navy colour).

On the H4 time frame, price action is operating in an area of consolidation but the last session saw the formation of an indecision candlestick which failed to take out the high of the previous candlestick. It was apparent from the number and size of the bullish candlesticks that the bulls were more influential. We may see a retracement to the upside before a southward continuation materializes. Such a retracement may extend to validate the inner resistance trendline (magenta colour) on the H4 time frame, perhaps at an area of comnfluence to the 38.2 Fib retracement of the swing down from the high of November 6, 2017. This area is around the 112.680 handle.

I may be wrong. Trade safe and prosper.

Sounds interesting, let’s check it out.

The pair made a move to the upside today, despite depreciation of the US dollar.

The pair started the week with a bullish gap, usd/jpy is very likely to break above 113 level, and accelerate to next resistance zone around 113.50/60.

Now price is testing resistance. And I believe that price will not break the resistance and together with the bear will go down to the point 112,287. However, if the bull has enough strength and price breaks the resistance, then price will go up to the point of 113.395.

Usd/Jpy is consolidating the gain, resistance can be found at 113.80, and downside is limited to 113.10.

The price tested support and didn’t break it. I think that the price will once again test support and go up to the point of 113,457. However, if price breaks support, it will move down to 112.318.

I agree hundred percent. That is exactly what I am thinking, We are almost there, if it goes back to 112.75 I am closing my short from 113.45.

EDIT:
However you need to take note that we are getting more data from US today, which might stir things up making the analysis invalid. It is released in 1 hour.

Sharp moves post rate raise… Interesting to see where it’s going next.

It might be a good opportunity buying on dips.

Price continues test support. And I think the price movement will be more definite in 3 hours. And I think that if the price breaks the support, it will move down to the point of 111,990. However, I think this is unlikely. And price I think will go up to the point of 113,146.

I think that price will continue to move down to 112.486. And if it breaks through, it will continue its descent to 112.191. But I think it willn’t break it and will again move up to point 112,978.

1 Like

Very fast drop on the USDJPY below the 113.00 level, trying to visit the 112.00 level where we can find the 200 day EMA.

1 Like

I think Usd / Jpy will go to 112.119 point.