Usd/jpy

What about peoples� opinion that BOJ will raise its rate in the coming meet. Remark about the prevailing situation. Can the yen get sank? How much should they increase their rates? Also give your views about the carry trades

I don’t know if your aware of this or not but there is an forum that gives awesome post that discusses all of these topics. They also gives great feedback on all the news, interest rates, etc… Check it out if you haven’t already.

http://www.babypips.com/forums/analyst-arena/

Taking a look on what they said last year, I don’t think so. There aren’t any apparent changes since the last month so they won’t be changing their rates. It’s actually a lose/lose situation. They will certainly lose if they don’t raise rates, the yen will really tank. Even if they raise rates by .25, people will know that they will not raise the rates for at least another 6 to 7 months. The BOJ won’t be raising the rates continuously; the rate differential has been substantial in 2006. Even if the FED lowers rates. I understand that as long as there is at least a 4-point spread between interest rates, carry trades will continue. According to a report, which also provides me an opportunity to have a live chat with the fellow forex traders, last December they haven’t raised their rates. So let us see…