USDTRY Short for the forseeable

what is the swap over night on that position (4 lots)? $222?

well. then theres no need for trading. do profesional investing and earn money.

open position at 11:59 and close at 00:01 and pocket in the difference of $180 every day once.

:wink:

Basically, thatā€™s it.

Swap varies from broker to broker, and the Tuesday night to Wednesday morning it is x3 with FXCM.

Also, the swap is relative to size, as on FXCM (I can only speak of what I know best) the rollover rates are shown for a nominal 10k position, so if you have a 400k on it will earn you x40 rollover.

Thats the idea, except it wouldnā€™t be everyday just on the x3 days. the risk involved in that trade would be the market moving against you, but you can increase the win rate by having a very favourable R:R based on the distances of the SL & TP. There is some spread widening after market open, but so far when you open and position and hold it overnight there is a payoff on the swap versus the commission and the spread widening, which is quite surprising.

1 Like

see. i just made you money. without any strategy or market wisdom. market wont move against you within 1 minute you hold the position open. not at that low volume time of midnight.

One thing we have not mentionedā€¦

From experience of trading exotics, when the NY session closes and the Asian session starts to open, the lack of liquidity causes enormous spreads, generally between 10 and 11pm (UK time); I cannot give you precise figures but recently an exotic like UsdTry (UsdZar) showed a spread of nearly 600 pips around those timesā€¦ So if you banked on stops safeguarding your risk you should think about taking the stops out altogether. If MrDEā€™s idea of just having a trade for a few minutes is to work, you would have to see how the spread affects your closing price or ability to keep control of your risk if your EA needed a stop in place.

you never know, math is the strongest ally you can have in your battle for money :grin::grin::grin:

do the maths yourself. if it yields a profit to hold a position for as little as 2 minutes or even 15 minutes, and it yields a secure profit, then the heck do it every day.

there is nothing more beatiful that secure income for which you did not had to lift a finger 3 times (2 times to open and close contract).

better to have a cow giving milk daily then to play financial whack-a-mole trying to hit a winner.

I think you are right, but the spread widening is important. I havenā€™t seen 600 pips so far, when did this happen?

So far I have seen around 60-70 on the average, which usually tighten within a few hours.

This is where it is important to do your own analysis (which you have done) because my broker and my demo may have spread variations in any 24hr cycle that may vary significantly from those of another brokerā€¦

I am INTP so usually have to complicate the matter. But no so expensive if you read the Swap to cover most of the option cost.

2 Likes

Fair Playā€¦:alien:

1 Like

intp? As in this: INTP - Wikipedia ?

Yes Myer Briggs INTP.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I read somewhere that the best type for trading is INTJ, do you know yours.

no idea! Really, not my field.

I think this was the article on trading psychology and personality preferences

http://www.vantharp.com/articles/personality-type-and-trading.htm

I am INFP, apparentlyā€¦

none is best for trading.

Bridgewater is heavily using this test for new candidates. other industry big shots are laughing about bridgewater for that.

any TP is a good analyst, doesnt matter if its ENTP or INTP.

Any ā€œTā€ can be a good trader/investor depending on if he manages to work on his downsides.

but do not give too much judgement on these personality tests or IQ tests.

I met a few hundret menza members and i wouldnt categorize any one of them as intelligent.

are you INTP-A or INTP-T?

most INTP and INTJ have a floating nature of their P and J traits. depending on situation and age of the INTP/INTJ and circumstances- a P can easily behave like a J and the other way around. Especially Pā€™s when they are very knowledgable about a ā€œhow to approachā€ (in a company for example) they tend to behave like Jā€™s and take over lead if necesarry.

2 Likes

Mr DE, is there anything that you do not know? :slight_smile:

1 Like

theres much more that i dont know then that i know :grin:

1 Like

I believe the last test was intp-a. funny how accurate these things are.

How about us ENTJā€™s. We are few and far between.

Interesting how I got the same results as that of 22 years when I first got tested.

1 Like