Volume and support resistance

Yes, gp00053, that is indeed what Coulling talks about, and I fully understand that part…the volume bars (tick volume bars)
however are still a mystery to me when I see them live…

:frowning:

Sorry I forgot this

Accumulation Phase. Institutional and professional traders buy at wholesale prices
Markup Phase. Bullish movement
Distribution Phase. Institutional and Professional traders are selling at retail prices
Markdown Phase. Bearish Movement

Volume Spread Indicator Colors
YellowGreen; Increasing spread and increasing volume means strong participation and price should continue in this direction
Red : Decreasing spread and increasing volume means market direction is losing steam
Blue: Increasing spread and decreasing volume means price is moving without strong participation
Gray: Decreasing spread and decreasing volume means market condensing

1 Like

Thank you…

All my tick volume bars are of the same colour… Did you colour yours in yourself?

Coulling’s bars are also all the same colour, so I think colour is not an essential part of it… and I have

to just learn how to read the damn things !!

Yes I did and do use color. I was involved in a car accident 4 years ago, that among other things left me with a head injury that affects my comprehension, so the different colors help me comprehend easier and faster. But you are absolutely right colors or color doesn’t matter as long as you know what the signals are telling you or at least on the balance of probabilities what they’re telling you :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear that… I cannot imagine what you have gone through…

Thank you for sharing that, and for all your help… Much appreciated!

You know you’re in trouble when the police arrive and ask the ambulance drivers where’s the body :frowning: when they said we just put him in the ambulance and the officer says you mean he came out of that car and is still alive? Good thing I was knocked out, I might have really got nervous. Anyway went from wheel chair, to walker, to cane (so far) to every day different therapies for a year, now down to once a week. But as we say in poker, don’t waste time crying, play the hand you’re dealt. Can’t play poker anymore, but the good news is I discovered the forex :slight_smile:

Glad to see a few others also have Anna Coullings book. My favourite and something I started using at the beginning of the year.

Had immediate success but became impatient and went through a spell of trying other types of trading(who knows why?). Anyway, I now use this along with the market maker model and ICT’s order block concept on 4hr timeframe which works for me with work.

I was wondering if any of you volume traders have used volume at price which is in the latter part of the book?

I have been unable to find a free indicator and was wondering if you found it much use to your trading as an additional confirmation of key levels.

@godzilla I highly recommend you buy this book. I am reading it now and the author of this book has been using VPA for 17 years and has a wealth of knowledge on this. I hope this helps you.