Volume Trading Commission Discount? How does this work?

I’m thinking about changing brokers, When I started trading I didn’t really take advantage from sites that offer forex rebates/cashbacks. Anyone have any experiences from these? Do they work as advertised? Anyways, Im thinking about starting an account with Dukascopy and they have an Volume trading comission discount that baffles me… It has an turnover requirement, and im not sure if I understand it correctly.

“Accrued Discount will be credited to the account after the required traded volume is reached. The required traded volume is equal to 30’000 multiplied by the account equity at the time the Discount application is submitted. The required traded volume shall be reached before the deadline – 1 year since the application day.”

https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/about/fee-schedule/trading-commission-discount-program/

So… This is how I understand this. I make an 10 000 euro account and take part to the program. The volume I should trade in one years time would be 10 000 x 30 000 euros. Which makes 3 000 Lots. Lets say there is 260 trading days in a year, that would make 11,53 Lots per day. There is no way im going to trade consistently that much, and I doubt many others would either. My only chance would be to deposit less, lets say 1000 euros and just use the leverage to keep trades at equal size compared to the ones I would be making with the 10 000 euro account. I find this quite odd, and have doubts that there is something that im missing. One would think that the broker would like to see bigger deposits from the traders and not force them to play games to get the discounts…

1 Like

Are there any promocodes available for this?