War starts - funds withdrawals?

Hi there !

I heard some whispers & I don't wanna be paranoiac but what happens with my money if a WAR starts soon and I don't have time to withdrawal cash ?
 My active transactions will be closed and my money blocked or the market goes on no matter what ?!

Thank you in advance !

@Mc.Chris
I assume that you mean that YOU ARE IN THE COUNTRY WHERE THE WAR WOULD HAPPEN right ?

Mate, you’ll probably lose access to your money

My wife was in a war, i asked her, she said this
"if you have money in the bank and a war happens… FORGET ABOUT IT, EVERYTHING IS GONE"
you don’t even get it back after the war

now if it’s with a broker, it would be a question of where the broker is located

but assuming you don’t lose your money , you may even be in a situation when things improve and the war is over, you could be heavily in profit if you were in a BUY trade
its hard to answer
best to assume that you’ll lose it all

War? What are u talking about? It’s a civil war? Or you mean conflicts between you and your broker?

1 Like

Yup! If a war breaks out, and all your money is in a “bank” then you’re screwed lol

Keep it in Gold - Under your bed ! :wink:

what martin said is true.

thou points you need to check

is your broker in the country of war? if no then you dont need to worry.

is your broker account in the currency of the warring country? if no then you dont need to worry

is your bank in your warring country broke? if yes then you must contact your broker to refund your money to another bank in which you open a new account (preferably outside of the warring country) then you have no problems.

good “stateless” banks provide visa credit cards for people with enough buffer on their account.

i can highly advice you the first pacific bank (hong kong) - account opening fees only aroumd 500$

and the pacific private bank (vanuatu) account opening fees around 300$

besides the usual suspects from caymen islands, isle of men, jersey etc etc (damn UK is a real tax heaven buttpirate country. isnt it)

both of these bank cooperate with the big brokers (even with most forex brokers- i got no clue why they operate with retail forex brokers and their tiny tiny clients. but i doubt they accept anything below $25k)

but be aware. i highly doubt any private bank will accept a client based in a crisis state if he doesnt have some good old buckies ($€¥) to wave around infront of their nose.

I gauss, you want to protect your money by investing in Forex (during your country’s war), isn’t?

Yes, that’s right.
I want to protect my capital if a war would start.

Thank you for your advice !
I live in Romania and my broker is TeleTrade.
There’s a possibility that Russia would start a war if they get pissed and we are nearby.
And I should transfer my money to another broker because TeleTrade is only regulated by CySec and I’m sceptical about this.
Maybe you can give me a broker suggestion…

you can trade any broker in the EU + UK (carefull with UK brokers, depending on brexit outcome you might must find a new one in a year).

thou i would suggest you to not worry about russia invading romania. this wont happen i promise you that.

1 Like

Thank’s.

Not in the bank but I keep money on broker and I need to trust my broker TeleTrade.
Can you give me some suggestion ?
The problem is TeleTrade is only regulated by CySec and I’m sceptical about it.
Maybe I should look after FCA regulated ECN brokers…

for retail traders. try IG markets. they are the biggest in europe and by now i think biggest world wide after FXCM had some issues.

if a war was to breakout, i don’ t have any suggestions

Then, you should select a transparent broker and open a trade with the minimum (as minimum as possible) trading lots size!

There is definitely a risk to your account if the country in which you hold an account is directly involved in the war. However, in today’s time, it is virtually impossible to hold the preparation of a war, a secret and you should get time to withdraw cash, at least online.