Was there a GBP crash on 7 may 2015?

Hi traders, I have been scrolling through some historical charts and noticed a huge candle on GBP/USD at 23:00GMT (18:00 NY time). The price went up well over 100 pips in a moment. I have checked economic calendar, and there wasn’t anything significant, and this was obviously outside NY and London sessions. Checked GBP/JPY, same thing there…
Anyone knows/remembers what the reason for it was?

yes. they declared it as a computer glitch back then. claiming that a hand full of money fuled computerized accounts bought and sold so the price moved 5% or so within 1 minute just to move back to 0% again within one minute.

funny thing. happened in 2016 in gbp again. very little currency when you look at it globaly, very easy to influence/manipulate because of its tiny size and little importance in the globalized world and especially on asia sessions since aparently in asia noone is dealing with gbp.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. The price didn’t actually move back on that occasion (see attached screenshot). Are we talking about the same one? I do remember the 2016 one, was in front of the screen and saw it happening live.

1 Like

then we are not talking about the same event.

1 Like