Weekly Discussion: What are you looking forward to this week? (July 15 - 21)

It’s vacation time for a lot of families here in the U.S! If you’ve been traveling lately, tell us where you went and what you did! Or if you’ve been heads down working on something, maybe you can share it with us, too?

That, or you can just answer this easy peasy weekly question:

What are you looking forward to this week?

As always, don’t forget to check out Forex Gump’s Weekly Preview for this upcoming week!

2 Likes

An “unscheduled event” has happened. The ex ceo of google has given a sort of, if not, an engagement ring to his future wife. I do know how this impacts the markets but it does. Potentially, it’s impact might have qualitative implications.

1 Like

Even not being a crypto investor myself, I’m waiting for the end of Libra hearings on Capitol Hill. I totally agree with Meltem Demirors’s yesterday statement that Libra cannot be treated as a crypto currency as it is far from the fundamental idea of crypto world that is decentralization. Still wonder how such misrepresentation could take place.

She was awesome! Although what did you think of Warren Davidson’s usage of “sh**coin” instead of the more common term, altcoin? @HonestTalk

@NewAlpha212 That’s an interesting bit there, I ended up looking it up. Although I thought him and his wife had an open relationship a la Warren Buffett? Still, I’m curious how all that matters especially since he’s no longer with Google/Alphabet.

I am not so knowledgeable unfortunately to discuss the block chain technology, still believe to come to better understanding in the future as unlike the coins, the technology itself will be definitely used widely in many spheres. But as for the coins, ICOs, exchanges, faucets (that are growing nowadays as mushrooms), there is too much space for possible fraud and lack of knowledge is just increasing the threat. How should we react on the news like that, for example: “Investors were locked out around $200 million in crypto currency assets after the co-founder and CEO of QuadrigaCX crypto exchange died without sharing the password to a laptop. The three-month investigation held by Ernst and Young in attempts to recover cash and crypto currency owed to users has turned up only $28 million in assets — virtually all of it in cash.” The massive popularity of crypto is driven by the good idea of decentralization that gives people more equal opportunities in wealth distribution. But in the real life implementation we often face “wanted as better, but it turned out as always”…

1 Like

I just joined and would love to understand when a signal is given out with SL &TP and they say for 40 pips etc, how do they figure out how many pips a person would Gain in that trade?

Hi @Jonasmch42! Welcome to the BabyPips.com forums. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure whether you’re asking how the signal service knows you’ll gain a certain number of pips but if you are asking how to calculate them, here’s a School of Pipsology lesson on that: