What are those limitations for a new member?

Hi to all!

I’ve just signed up to this forum and get the first private message. It’s very nice… or may be not so nice, as the first thing I’ve read was the following:
For safety reasons, we temporarily limit what new users can do. You’ll gain new abilities (and badges) as we get to know you.

Where can I get to know what are they limitations exactly? Surprisingly, there was no any explanation neither link to the appropriate topic in this message and I was not able to find these rules with forum search.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @newbie555!

Welcome to the BabyPips community. We’re happy to have you!

Our new Forum platform, Discourse, uses Trust Levels to handle the promotion of your user account and access to more features and responsibilities. This is a departure from how we used to do the same thing on vBulletin, which exclusively based on post count.

Trust Levels operate in a completely different way. So let’s get into how they work.

User trust levels are a way of:

• Sandboxing new users in your community so that they cannot accidentally (or intentionally!) hurt themselves, the forum, or other users while they are learning what to do.

• Granting experienced users more rights so that they can help maintain and moderate the community they generously contribute so much of their time to.

You can find a more detailed explanation on Trust Levels here:

Hope this helps!

Again, welcome and we hope to see more of you on our forums!

Penelopip

1 Like

Hi @Penelopip

Thank you very much, your explanation helped indeed.

Could you give me a hint of the following detailed:

1. Does a new forum member have the right to create new topics?
  2. How long may take the pre-moderating process of a new member post or topic before it will be published?
    Thanks!

Hi again, @newbie555!

Definitely. In fact, we encourage new members to interact and engage with other members of the community. We would love to know more about you, your trading thoughts and experiences.

Unless the post contains any suspicious links, files, activity, etc., new member posts or topics should be published right after you click on the “Reply” or “Create Topic” buttons.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to send us a message! We’ll be happy to help.

See you around, @newbie555!

Penelopip