What advise would you give to your early you, when beginning on Forex?

The best free source around, there is no doubt…

Thats a good one, I would also add the baby pips free school

Be careful not to stay to long in demo account, real accounts are a whole different mental game, I woudl say 30 days of consistent demo is ok.

Thats what demo accounts are for, plus this brexit and Italy thing are creating so much opportunity to ride a wave of pips, along with risk management and rick reward ratio!

First try to set a proper mind set to accept any prevailing market situations. Then you should try to acquire adequate trading knowledge and skills to enjoy more secured trading journey. Demo trading account can help a trader to identify all the mistakes and to get acquaintances with the basic ideas of trading free of cost.

2 Likes

Patience and persistence

1 Like

Exactly is it! A must try for the new Forex traders!

Thank you… Because of your answer I learned about Tudor and now I am trying to use a proper RRR and also trying to figure out bottoms and tops as he says…

Perfect; just spend few hours during the off days on your own trading mistakes! Happy learning, just keep it up.

1 Like

TY, for me Bottoms and Tops are easy in any time frame, noting time frame is a unique time slice so what may be true in one is not necessarily so in another.

All price action is measured all indicators use the same location of the price action to compute there majac from. That’s why none of them are future indicators but historical reports of past performance (Ichimoku tres).

Thus all is based on the percentage of deviation from the mean. Forex is trading the percentages and our success is measured by how well we can consistently trade that deviation of the mean. All trading strategies are based on variations of that concept.

To that end I use the Double Bollinger Bands to find the tops and bottoms of a time frame. You will find that approximately 95 percent of all price action is contained in the 2 Percent band and 60% is contained within the 1% band.

I trade from the 2% deviation signal the reverse directional back toward the mean. This says I am a mean-revision trader.

But I’m just playing the percentages.

1 Like

my advice to my early-self would be to have the courage and take risks.

Have you been able to successfully implement the 1:5 RRR?

already made a pledge to myself that I’m going to master forex. So, it’s too late to turn back now :joy:

wasn’t used to that description so I had to look it up and found this link.
HOW TO USE THE REWARD RISK RATIO LIKE A PROFESSIONAL

And I really liked to referral to Mr. Tudor. I can’t imagine attempting a 5:1 RW ration.

However, I currently do have a positive risk-reward ratio and it is improving every day as I trade more.
We call this figure expectancy, gambles call it your edge. I call it in the money. No matter it is the amount you can expect to win every time you place a trade. The cumulative net effect every time you hit the enter button! This is not a one or few times deal it is consistently profitable trading measure over time and many trades.

To do this requires not only good rules of your trading strategy but iron discipline to obey them. This is the psychological mindset of a successful trader.

Once a trader figures out how to do this on a per trade base, he is freed to do position trader which is several trades passed on the one trade decision and greatly multiple the returns and potential risk.

But to answer your question I am profitable.

1 Like

Thank you for all that information! I was not intended to ask you if you were profitable, but is great that you are.

Every day, I feel more like RRR is huge important step towards being profitable.

However, there are cases were the market is moving to our target and then it decided to move the other way around and hit the stop loss.

Thank you for the link, I will study it!

Thank you and happy trading! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are always welcome mate & same to you.

It’s not that boring… especially when you start making money, regardless of how small it may be.

1 Like

I would focus on the 1:5 risk reward ratio and try to pick bottoms and tops.

I would study the people from the Money show, and I would use the baby pips forum more often.

Thank you!

1 Like