What are some of the best trading platforms to use?

Yeah, well, I think that mt4 is the best platform. Mt5 is not that bad either, though. Anyhow, you should decide for yourself. Cause if one trader finds some feature really useful, it doesn’t mean you will.

1 Like

You’re welcome.
As a newbie I wasn’t aware too that brokers did that too and it came as an unpleasant surprise when I tried to scalp and it turned out that I couldn’t.

It does. While there may be some minor differences in platform operation from one broker to the other, quality of pricing and execution can differ from one broker to the other. In terms of minor differences, I can give you an example in that unlike with some brokers, if you choose to use maximum deviation when placing an order, FXCM’s Maximum Deviation feature only limits your negative slippage. You still receive the full benefits of any positive slippage available in the market.

The spreads and execution you are receiving will probably be a more significant factor in comparing brokers. Here’s the most recent quarterly data on spreads and execution we have released:

Historical Spreads

In Quarter 1 of 2017, EUR/USD and USD/JPY each had an average spread of 0.2 and 0.3 pips respectively and a trading cost of $0.11 and $0.13 during peak hours: 70% of EUR/USD and 61% of USD/JPY volume occurred during peak hours.

This report compiles forex trading data from FXCM’s Standard accounts for Q1 2017. The data reflects average spreads made available to FXCM clients during peak and non‐peak trading hours. I’ve attached the full PDF report for you to view additional symbols.

Positive / Negative Slippage

With FXCM’s forex execution models, you can potentially receive price improvements on all orders as all orders fill with FXCM’s best available price. From January 1, 2017 through May 31, 2017, more than 12 million orders were filled with positive slippage. To see the full report, https://docs.fxcorporate.com/execution-transparency.pdf

*The data above comes from various order types that executed through FXCM Group from January 1, 2017, to May 31, 2017. Certain non‐direct clients are excluded from the data.

I’ve attached the full PDF report for you to view additional stats.

Jason

*The information provided is historical in nature and does not imply that FXCM maintains a particular capacity or performance level. Past results are not indicative of future performance.

*Trading foreign exchange and/or contracts for differences on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss in excess of your deposited funds.

Why tradingview? Is there any benefit?

Thanks

It’s like a social network for traders.
There’s tools, videos, real time price charts and on top of that you can trade through them.
Even with your broker, if he has made the connection with them.