What are some things I should really try to avoid

Following the principles you mentioned can significantly improve trading experience and help to navigate the markets with a more disciplined and rational mindset.

1 Like

It is crucial I think by managing risk effectively, you protect your trading capital from significant drawdowns and ensure a more sustainable and disciplined approach to trading.

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Those are some awesome points you made there. Thanks a bunch! I’ve been trying to learn for a few months now, but honestly, I haven’t been super organized or disciplined about it. But, I’m giving it my best shot! Gotta keep pushing forward, you know?! :blush:

The key is to stay persistent and committed to your goals. Being organized and disciplined in your learning process can significantly improve your progress and understanding of the markets.

2 Likes

:thinking: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Try to take lessons from your mistakes and besides so try to avoid emotion in trading, taking high leverage, over trading and trading with scam brokers.

1 Like

Repeating mistakes, trading on the basis of wild guesses, using high leverage illogically are things that you should avoid.

1 Like

You got right to the point. Repeating a mistake in trading can lead to compounding losses and hinder your overall progress as a trader.

1 Like

They are natural part of trading , but they should not be driving force behind your decisions.

2 Likes

Trading with high leverage involves a higher level of risk. It is crucial to be disciplined, cautious, and well-informed when using high leverage in trading. Leverage is good when all of these factors are taken into account.

1 Like

I can’t agree with you, 1 pip value is the same when you are use 1:100 , 1:500 or even 1:1000 only margin requirements are different.

Thanks a lot… :slight_smile: That makes sense! :thinking: :+1: :+1:

And the other important thig that must be avoided is emotional decision-making.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m following some trading psychology rules and I believe it’s an important point.

I don’t dare use those crazy high leverages, but if you do and win… :money_mouth_face: :star_struck:

Really try to avoid doing what many new traders do, which is to jump into trading without taking time to find a consistently profitable strategy.

One thing which they often try to do is buy at the bottom right of a price chart because price has been going down (or sell at the top right because price has been going up).

1 Like

You’re correct. And here is the end result!
My recent masterpiece! :expressionless: :zipper_mouth_face: :disappointed:

Hmmm.
EUR/CHF has definitely been a consistent sell since January. However, it is also the least historically volatile pair apart from AUD/NZD, so always likely to underperform. And in that period that is just what it has done.

EUR and CHF are heavily correlated. Almost all of Switzerland’s trade is through the Eurozone, so it’s always rare and odd when these two currencies look like they are diverging from their exchange rate price chart. Likewise New Zealand and Australia: in economic terms you can usually treat NZ as an island state belonging to Australia. Just don’t tell that to any Kiwis.

2 Likes

Hey Amelia and welcome to Forex trading world. :wink:

I’m trading from 2008 and teaching technical trading for a couple of years now; during all these years, I’ve seen that beginners and newbies always making the same mistakes so just wanted to share some of them with you here and I hope it’ll be helpful for others as well.
Also, I’ve made some of these mistakes at the beginning too but what important is that you need to “learn” from them so each mistake will put you in a higher step. :slight_smile:

As you probably know, Forex trading is a complex and challenging activity that requires proper education, knowledge, and skills so some of the most common mistakes beginners make are:

1. Jumping into Forex trading without sufficient education and knowledge.

2. Being too emotional, greedy, or overconfident in their trades.

3. Risking more than they can afford or misunderstanding how leverage works.

4. Trading without a net, such as a stop-loss order or a risk-reward ratio.

5. Not keeping a trading journal or learning from their mistakes.

6. Not having a clear trading plan or strategy.

To avoid these mistakes, you should do your homework, manage your risk, control your emotions, use a safety net, record your trades, and follow a trading plan. You should also seek professional advice and guidance from experienced traders or reputable sources.

I hope this helps and wish you success in your Forex trading’s journey. :slight_smile:

1 Like