What are the best indicators to trade with

Just for clarity, this is who won this evening, did the indicators indicate it in advance?.

Happens that I watch Eur/Gbp, especially on red letter days like today.

Did the oscillators tell me a tale earlier in the day?

Wont bother with the post Jackson image, suffice to say that Eur/Usd/Eur/Jpy all told the tale - buy more Euros while the going is good.

I’m doing good. I miss hanging out here. trading is a balance of work and boredom. I do a lot of multi tasking.

Some time ago I decided to cut off social media and BP’s because they are absolute time killers, however that is just evidence of my all or nothing mentality. Balance is key. So I figured I would pop in and shay hi and see what people are up to, and of course give my opinion haha :grin:

1. Stochastic 30, 10, 10
  2. Stochastic 5, 3, 3

Well there’s a short term indicator that seemed to indicate well, - in fairness the oscillators were indicating the timing - having said all of that there were guys selling Euro last Friday and yesterday.

Is the going good right now after this morning’s flurry of Euro buying?

Well there is some Gold buying and USD selling (N Korea) little in the way of numbers today so maybe a little pull back.

Indicators are usually not so good on their own, they are just indicators :slight_smile:

1 Like

Selling USD today like there’s no tomorrow - quite fitting given N Korea

Yeah, and given the wee bit of Gold buying yesterday, usually USD negative…

There were some guys commenting yesterday that Eur/Gbp was not making a new high whereas Eur/Usd was reaching on up. They saw this as negative Euro, (some even shorted) and since this thread is on indies,Oscillators were likely diverging suggesting a fall off in momentum.

That’s the thing about indicators, the market has to be thought about - good chance there was a drop in momentum, for two reasons - 1) UK bank holiday yesterday and 2) Traders were waiting to see what would happen when Eur/Usd hit the 2000 - NK gave EUR/USD the boost to clear out any stops and add in new buys.

Anyways, Bob is right, it’s all down to the grey stuff, now checking out.

Oh - forgot to mention another indicator, worth watching over the immediate future.

USB10yr price is pushing high right now, bounced off June14 high today, on up and will that indicate more USD selling in the days/weeks to come?

I use RSI, but only as a filter for price action trades.

It seems to work for me. The method (which I learned from this forum) is more profitable with the RSI than without it.

That was this morning, so the pull back duly happened - the indicator that gave the clue to this was the US10yr daily - reached up to the high mentioned earlier and bounced.

Now to see if it will head North in the days/weeks to come.

Glenn Beck hopes it does and so does Goldline. :joy: I’m sorry Pete, I just couldn’t resist.

Welcome back

The Ever Welcoming VIPER

1 Like

I have really felt comfortable using indicators like SAR, as after trying nearly all indicators; I found this one working best. The best part is that this indicator is very simple and easy to use, so even if anyone is no all that much experience, it’s still possible for him/her to use it easily. I have so far managed profits consistently since using it and hope it continues same way for me ahead as well.

1 Like

You don’t need to have brains to be a successful fx trader, you just have to be smart enough to out-smart the market. Eyes are very important. @_bob

You say in your profile that you’re a “forex expert and analyst” with 4 years experience.

(It took me a lot longer than 4 years. It takes everyone a lot more than 4 years to acquire “expertise”, but you don’t know that. Strange.)

If you’re such an expert, why are you stealing text from other people’s websites and pasting it into the forum as “your own post” without accrediting or acknowledging it?

Might it be because you want people to think you’re an “expert”?

It’s not working!

1 Like

For me, MA and RSI are a good one to get the right entry in the market.

Butter_Kiss, I use these indicators too. And I recommend you to look at such an indicator as MACD, an extremely useful thing if properly set up.

I am trying to use a new setting on it with demo work so that I can analyze the exact for my strategy in trading.

You Brain ,problem is 99,99999999 % of traders is to lazy to get correct info …

As we all know, doing trading is not an easy task. For this, we need to more focus on identifying the strategies, which will work or not.

Indicators are poor tools to trade by, they fail to accurately identify entry or exit prices. Not only that, they fail to do this in good time.

They can be useful though in confirming a set-up in which trading can take place, confirming the directional bias for the next trade, and allowing objective comparison between set-ups on different charts so the trader can select the best target.