What are you currently doing that will support you when you hit retirement age?

I’m already seeing a growing number of senior age homeless people and also reading more news articles about how the boomers are getting older and also poorer or working longer. :frowning:

What are you doing now to prevent yourself from being in a difficult position when you hit retirement age? I’m talking 60s, 70s.

1 Like

Its an issue that you have to think about long before you have to think about it. I suspect people who are being born today in wealthy western societies will not have a retirement, they will simply wind down their working lives to levels of less activity and stress but they will never stop working.

The UK government like many, pays everybody money simply because they have reached a certain age. This age is creeping upwards but not quickly. One day, in some country somewhere, it will be abolished.

1 Like

That or maybe UBI will take off? A pipe dream for now!

Hmm. :confused: I’m not sure if this really counts but I currently have 2 insurance policies that I pay monthly, to ensure that I have enough money once I retire. :open_mouth: Which country are you from @ponponwei? :open_mouth: If you’re from the US, I figured you guys would have super expensive insurance policies. :open_mouth:

Most of the insurance policies we have are only for when we die or get into an accident. Only covers our family so they’re ok even if something happens to us but not enough to take care of us ourselves when we hit retirement age.