What Are Your Golden Rules?

I knew how I wanted to trade, and removed myself from various groups/chats etc
I know my trading edge works and that is what i solely focused on without being surrounded by what ‘everyone else’ was doing, or should I say trying to market.

Don’t get me wrong I do interact with people lol but surround myself with the right people, those being actual traders, not marketers who claim they can trade.

i sure will keep you updated on progress

1 Like

this is great advice the whole trading scene especially forex and crypto is pumped full of marketeers…you make a sound judgement about removing yourself from various social media groups.

1 Like

Trade with brain and discipline, if you are emotional person then you can not survive this market.

2 Likes

I guess it’s simple. If you are ready to lose a particular sum of money and it will not influence your lifestyle a lot, then go ahead and try. Just don’t get hooked and do not exceed the amount allowed.

Thanks - care to elaborate as to why that’s your only rule?

Wise words Honeymoon

Do you think people can emotionally unattach themselves to trading?

1 Like

Thanks - a good incite here

Very true there

For me I put on wet socks, drink a bottle of whiskey and listen to flight of the valkyries on my phonograph… but each to their own.

It was about a year ago and quit at that point, hoping to get back into it now though, reading and watching as much as I can at the min.

1 Like

most definitely. :grinning:

Slightly unorthodox but what works works

1 Like

Every day is a school day with trading

1 Like

To be emotionless is an unnatural state for a person to have I think but it is achievable. For most I think it is better phrased as needing to be able to CONTROL your emotions rather not have any!!

1 Like

Good for you paulap.

Getting back to the nuts and bolts is a good place to start.

Best of luck with your learning and trading.

Good point here

1 Like

Thank you realey

A very important trading rule; I also consider RR % carefully in my live trading.

1 Like