What are your plans for this coming Christmas? :)

I know you might think that it’s still suuuper early for this question :sweat_smile: But, since I’m a Filipino, we really start feeling the Christmas spirit when the -BER months come in. :slight_smile: Haha.

Earlier, we were discussing where we want to spend our Christmas celebration, and it just got me curious about how you guys celebrate yours too. :smiley: :christmas_tree: We still have the super fun reunion/ party in our family where we have the Secret santa exchange gift tradition :stuck_out_tongue: And lots of games too! Haha. So yeah. Just got me thinking if you guys have anything special planned for Christmas. :smiley: Haha.

2 Likes

Yes I’m planning on buying a Tesla for my father this Xmas. We don’t celebrate xmas but always gave each other presents and what not. I’ll probably get myself into some random trouble this holidays. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I try to avoid the whole thing. This makes me happy.

2 Likes

Oh my. What a lucky dad! Which one are you getting him?

Model X like my own or a Model S. Not like he cares either he barely drives during the week.

How long have you had yours? Have you encountered any issues so far?

I’m the taller individual. I’ve had it since Oct 2016 (before the AP2 hardware was released). Well I’ll tell you this the car is expensive to maintain if you don’t have warranty first and foremost.

-I’ve had to change my brakes & 4 tires all at once ($2859)(I’ve bought probably 10 tires in this 2 year & 2 month radius)(NYC potholes will be the death of me)
-I’ve had to change one of my chairs on the right side it was malfunctioning($400)
-Car charging port issues as well!

Other than that she’s a beast and I still get psyched on how it takes off so quickly on the drop of a dime with no sound. I’m enthusiast for sure and believe the future with electric cars is very bright.

[IMG_20170919_115620|375x500]

(upload://5OgLkbUhOJgX07x4bic54yBapOm.jpg)

3 Likes

Damn. That can get expensive real quick. Have you ever had to call them due to a flat tire or anything urgent like that? I’ve always wondered how their service is.

Yeah I’ve checked one out and it’s a sweet ride. It’s just so darn expensive!

1 Like

Yes I’ve had a flat twice. Once in NJ & again in Philadelphia.

NJ - Under an hour (it was like 11:30 am)
Philadelphia - 2hr & 40 min (It was 10pm ish & I was in a rural area)

It is but the Model 3 is the more affordable version starting at $35,000 I believe. It was more of a splurge purchase more than anything but it gets the job done.

1 Like

I can’t wait until I’m able to just buy my mother a nice car. that’s awesome that you’re able to afford that lol motivation right there for me lol

4 Likes

I would like at least to pay all my debts. I have all my hopes on Forex.

1 Like

I’m hoping there is a Chinese restaurant open…:wink:

1 Like

just think about it, if we just keep on going and don’t quit, eventually things will just start to click on the charts lol already decided I’m not going back

Dude, this was totally what my friends and I did for Thanksgiving haha.

Oh man, that’s a long wait. Sucks if you’re in a rural area. How often do you gotta bring it for maintenance? Yearly also?

Same haha.

Have you read @SimonTemplar’s feature? That’s the real inspiration/motivation right there.

1 Like

Yearly if that in 2017 I didn’t bring it in for maintenance but this year I did.

It’s not too bad.

Might consider it in two years … or so haha. Not quite ready for that big of a splurge yet. Thanks for sharing your experience with it though. Cool to talk to a Tesla owner here.

Haha no biggie mate. I love to interact with the babypips family. Haha which one are you potentially looking at.

The 2018 Model X would be real sweet. Is that what you’re thinking of getting for your dad?

Basically when they make your Tesla that’s the year it’s made. Mine was made in 2016 so it’s released as a 2016 model. For example if you start designing your Tesla now and it comes out in 2019 it’ll be considered a 2019 model (since they’re being manufactured and are not just sitting on a lot unless you’re buying the pre-owned obviously).