What attracts men and boys to Trading?

No trade has a preferred sex. Both men and women can be successful at it.

@Bipin1800

With respect that is not the question. There are many great female traders - the question I believe is why are so many males drawn to trading?

Thanks for those stats @Bipin1800 - 65% with degrees and 35% without - It’s those without I am interested in - I think they’re working this out for themselves

Yes, right. Also, there are studies that show that women are more cautious and will trade only if they are confident while sometimes men would trade even when they are not even sure if they would make a profit which means they trade more frequently than women. This higher trading frequency is also responsible for there being more male traders than female.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

So basically, he is saying that any college degree that does not have a lucrative job at the end is pointless. But I feel college is not just about picking up 2 cents worth of knowledge. I think that a college degree is an evidence of the fact that you can stay committed to something which requires intensive learning and rigorous scrutiny. Also, college helps you become a problem solver because if you cannot tackle with academic problems you will probably also have a hard time facing life’s dealings. Besides, college is a wonderful opportunity to become self reliant.
I think it’s because of the high tuition fee that people have started to compare college with an investment and your degree with a product. The product is worth anything if it can make you a profit.

This is very true - I am familiar with one high tech company in the financial sector who continually seek graduates with degree - the degrees do not have to be in economics - their attitude is ‘we’ll train you, your degree tells us that you are willing to be trained’.

That’s a really good approach. Not many companies work with that principle.

Aye in the older technologies, but modern companies need personnel - here’s an example - hungry for staff:

I imagine everyone are drawn in by the same thing - profit.

Thank you @peterma -

I think that company you quoted is an excellent example of the huge problems intelligent men and boys are facing at the moment -
For example we Know from @Bipin1800 statistics that 90% of those interested in trading are men and men of above average intelligence.

yet we find that Company constrained by Law and (probably ideology to ) to produce these clearly discriminatory figures

and from higher up the report

Showing that the s*x ratio of the employees was already significantly biased anti - male

However - these are for EMPLOYEES - so let’s take a look at the Company’s founder Sadly Mr Conlon died last year at the unreasonably early age of 53 - and I’m sure we all feel for his famiily

What a different character that MAN must have been from those his Company is now seeking to progress into the future with - and it is to intelligent young men and boys that Stefan Molyneux is speaking - and also of course to any intelligent young women and girls who may be considering those “xxxx-Studies” courses.

I note also that by implication in it’s Hiring qualitications that those same “xxx-Studies” Graduates are excluded and they are seeking to attract peopleof higher intelligence (Which has also been illegal in USA since the 1970’s ! :wink:

It will be interesting to see how well that Company does in the future with it’s Virtue signalling - “Woke polices” in place.

One of the best - never forgot his roots - enjoyed a pint in the local pub, supported local football, knew his employees by first name, is sadly missed.

1 Like

Yes Peter, That is the “Traditional” attitude to degrees - except that I think when you and I got ours - the statement was slightly different - of the form

"Your degree tells us that - You are capable of thinking critically"

Note how the emphasis has shifted slightly from the desire to trust the Individual to “Help Progress the firm” - to “Compliance with training” - maybe even “not make waves” ? - which would in fact be the complete opposite of what was expected in “our day” !

However we do in fact know from the figures that 2/3 of kids nowadays have the Intelligence to qualify them for a University place - so what (and this is the crux of this thread) if anything, does a University degree tell us about the person Nowadays ?

I believe that the reason for the boys’ overweight in trading is not the factor of higher education, but some differences between women and men. It seems to me that men are more stressed and morally restrained. Stability is significant for trading, and even though women will often be smarter than men, we do not see many women in trading because of the moral factor.

Another victim of Cancel culture then !

Here it is resubmitted by another source

Well worth listening to !

14 years and a million Subscribers without a single step out of line - but he gets kicked out and de-monetised anyway !

Wanna hear why he got shut down ?

Forex men do more but women do Forex to some extent. Forex is one thing that everyone can do. There is no catch barrier rule for anyone. For this Forex is very reliable and friendly. All kinds of people trade in this market.

Thank you for your post - but if you read the thread - you’ll see that this is NOT a Gynocentric place - but an investigation as to why men and boys are seeking to leave the place they have been told they are destined to occupy - BUT Rather to seek independence - based on their own competence and initiative. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes this is right.

Agree with you to some extent.

Who is John Galt ?

“some differences between women and men” -Agreed !

Show your evidence of that which is counter - scientific !