What chart indicator are you using?

What chart indicator are you using? Is it really necessary?

I think this vary between strategy but I believe the most common are moving averages.

1 Like

Most people will have some moving averages, if only because the 50 & 200 are on every institutional brokerā€™s screen and you want to see what they see.

But my primary indicators are Bollinger Bands.

2 Likes

I donā€™t use any indicators. There lag time costs me too much in profits. I use price action and Japanese candlesticks.

1 Like

I use no off-chart indicators but a few EMAā€™s on the chart to help confirm trends and help judging their relative consistencies and historiesā€¦

1 Like

Donchian lines.

Unlike moving averages, and other indicators derived from moving averages, they show directly actual support and resistance of the price.

No, not at all. But itā€™s very convenient. And not an attempt to predict anything, or pretend it has some kind of ā€œmagic powersā€. Itā€™s real.

1 Like

Always love this statement, Japanese candlesticks are an indicator. They indicate open, close high and low of a period.

1hour candlestick lags 1 hour, 4hr lags by 4 hrs. Onya trader john

Personally Iā€™s likes me boxes.

1 Like

Price action
S/R levels
Trend lines
Sma
Ema

1 Like

I use Bolinger Bands and simple MA 200 on the 1h Chart. My strategy is mainly baised on them. If you have any question regards these two indicators, Iā€™d be glad to help

Good question!

Personally, I use a 50 & 200 EMA, Stochastic (sometimes with an RSI), Bollinger Bands (1 and 2 Standard Deviation).

Any more and it gets yucky. This is almost certainly overkill but Iā€™m working out what Iā€™m doing with my setup and what to keep/what to lose. What youā€™ll find is that the more people have experienced forex, the less they have - even bob up above there just said ā€˜boxesā€™.

OH oh and price action (which is THE fundamental indicator) should be your primary focus. The rest are mostly lagging indicators on price.

As I mentioned earlier, I believe most people use MA unless you are trading mathematically. Then you donā€™t need indicator but live price figures.

It is extremely necessary that you know the three types of graphics offered by the stock market, and that you relate to the one you like and understand. There are line graphs, bar charts and Japanese candlestick charts.

The most recommended are the line graph and the Japanese sail. It is already your option to which you adapt more.

Japanese bar and candlestick charts are the best to start trading, they are the least complex and they tell you exactly how your sales are and how the market is fluctuating. I recommend the Japanese graphic!