i7-3930K - OC’ed to 4.8GHz
32 GB DDR3 RAM
H100 liquid CPU cooler
1350W Corsair PSU
EVGA GTX680 GPU
SSD for boot
5 x 3 TB HDDs
4 - 23’ LED monitors

And 2 UPS and still working on a dual WAN connection.

Just built it recently, my main workstation now. I have 5 older builds running 3770Ks, 2600Ks and 8-16GB RAM as well as couple laptops. But I like building computers so it’s more of a hobby than actually having the need for such a machine. I think I have about 24 monitors in total now if I combine them all, but I don’t have enough space to put them all up at once now.

But at least I can data mine and optimize pretty quickly with all that power.

PS. Yeah, my electricity bill is huge.

if you change/build every 18 months or so, where do your old builds go?

underpowered, huh? that is interesting.
MC = MultiCharts? you trade very frequently = you are an auto-trader?

I am an AMD user myself. but I am wondering if you guys can make an AMD vs Intel comparison, trading-wise?
I will be building an Intel-based trading computer in the very near future so it would be great to hear your thoughts.

Some I give to friends, and some I still use. I have about 6 desktops and 3 laptops right now doing their thing.

Don’t think AMD vs. Intel will matter much, especially when it comes to trading. Honestly, if I wasn’t such a fan of Intel, I would go for the cheaper brand which offers pretty much the same performance.

That’s what I figured. Thanks Clark. I’m probably just nitpicking too much. I know it’s quite difficult to compare both…
What caused you to be an Intel fan? I guess it’s possible that you have grown to love Intel because your first few computers were Intel-based.

That’s pretty much it, and as a result I am more familiar with Intel’s products whereas I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to AMD.

I wouldn’t worry about knowledge, I mean I took a jump into the unknown and built my own desktop.

True, sticking the CPU cooling fan to the ram sticks was a mistake, but we live and learn :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL.

PS. Happy birthday btw. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Clark, :slight_smile:

so it’s your birthday, huh? noticed you joined in your birth month as well. :smiley:
Happy birthday!

hmmm well I still use a stone tablet, a hammer and a chisel :wink:

aka MS DOS

Have 1 PC 2 vid cards and two 21" LED monitors.

MBP with another screen for charts, not got a super duper set up… but it does the business for me atm.

Unless you are a paid professional managing dozen of accounts one of those 4+ screen setups is useless and will likely make you a worse trader as you will experience information overload. for most any computer built this century will do the job. For myself, I like to multi-task so two monitors is a must, my 7 year old core i5 laptop with a 22" second monitor does me fine and I see no benefit upgrading anything.

Note; my old ASUS laptop has a VGA output making adding a second monitor easy, a VGA output is not something you see on new laptop or all-in-ones these days. If you plan to run a second monitor make sure your new system supports it out of the box.

I trade from my iphone I have been seriously thinking on getting rid off my laptop.

Just get a new iphone, with a big screen. I use iphone 8plus.

There was a fellow trader managing money down the hall

I joked that he should just build an igloo of monitors connected to the his terminal

he didn’t like that

eventually he did downsize to about six screens

I dont think he went a couple of weeks without an it guy there

Currently I am using AMD based PC with next setup:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Gigabyte ga-970a-ds3p
Gigabyte Radeon 7950 graphics card (3 Gb)
Logitech Z906
HDD WD 2Tb
Samsung SSD 350Gb
Dell UltraSharp monitor 32"

Sometimes it is really good for gaming, but in most cases I use it for my work.