What do you all do to keep trading emotions in check?

Taking rest is especially important in scalping because it’s very intense trading approach and it’s easy to go overdrive becasuse of quick realization of trading result. The number of mistakes increases in case of overtrading that’s why for scalpers optimal trading session is 1-1.5H.

The problem is that it’s not easy to stick to your trading plan in discretionary mode of trading : you want to keep some losing trades for longer or close profitable trades before they hit TP because you are unsure. It distorts results of your trading system it becomes a mix of strict rules and emotional impulses.

You are absolutely right- and thats the point: if you have rules, and the rules work, you must say strictly NO!! to the little devil inside you who wants to lead you in disaster

1 Like

Well, first of all, you need to be able to take a step not only forward, but also backward to look around and make a more informed decision. Secondly, I more often try to work on a demo to work on exciting situations in a more relaxed format.

@ontario Discipline! Discipline! Discipline! All loser traders trade without discipline, if you wanted to be a winner trader, you must learn to keep up your discipline with your trading plan! Plan your trade and trade your plan with discipline! :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Oh, it is very difficult for me in reality, so I still often make certain mistakes in my trading session. Sometimes I am too nervous to make adequate decisions, so sometimes I delay a trade when it should be reset. But I am working on this issue, as they say, the main thing is not to give up…

Ahahahaha, how do I control??? I don’t care either!

Well, it’s hard to be calm in trading in any situation. The market’s a great test to test yourself. But it’s worth it, I think many would agree with me.

All good things out there are hard to achieve but that makes them all the more worth it. :smiley:

Most of us come from a mindset that there is a lack.of money in our lives.

In trading this causes all emotional problems. Having a knowing there is always going to be enough money usually translates into better trading.

Now maybe there isn’t enough money in our life, but if you can trick your believe system, autosuggestion being one way then the trading problems disappear.

This is one of the most important moments for me, because I had to work on it the most. I am too emotional and it prevents me not only in trading but also in everyday life. What should I do?

I have found the only way to keep my emotions in check - develop and automated strategy. It was a long and hard way, but I am currently fully satisfied with my results in Forex, and have 90% less emotions dealing with it.

It’s a bliss.

1 Like

In my case that does not work, I get even more anxious when I am not in control.

I Trade less size. helps me sleep better at night.

regular breaks and music breaks too

1 Like

I always take a break when I make losses to avoid any changes in my emotion.

1 Like

Step away if you are having a bad day and stick to a plan.

That’s a good technique. I do the same when emotions haunt me a lot.

The best one can do if emotions are overpowering trades. Good advice.

Step back and keep yourself busy with something else before you trade again.

2 Likes