What do you all do to keep trading emotions in check?

I do it. It’s really beneficial.

This is the ultimate aim of work life balance , and everyone should keep it this way

I’ll give fishing a miss :slight_smile: but yes free time to do the things we love!

I have an approach which dictates more long term results so I can simply place trade, SL and TP and check it as infrequently as I want, sometimes a week apart. This removes the pressure of constantly agonising over every tiny move as you should be more focused on the bigger picture.

I find it real beneficial, helps with clearing the mind and focusing

Whenever I feel the emotions are overpowering my skills then I give time to myself to get back to discipline.

That’s what i believe. Better take time and come back with a strong mindset and sound strategy rather than givin up altogether.

There’s really no one answer to this but I’m glad you asked it. As for me, I simply stop trading when I feel the trade is not going in the right direction. That’s when market analysis comes to play. I simply sit and watch the market move, change my strategy accordingly, and introspect what could have been done to avert the situation.

Meditate and accept the reality that its all just probability.

I’m seriously not a risk taker. Have been trading for just a few months now but still taking it slow. Not really affected by the pennies I’m making coz that’s not my aim right now. Just testing my strategies coz demo account trading seems like a fluke to me. So, even if I’m losing a few bucks because of poor trading decisions, I manage to make up the same in the next trades after a few tweaks.

I personally, close all the trades for a while and step out of my computer screen and not think about it.

I can’t do this in reality, but I practice yoga and meditation to keep my mental health stable.

I meditate. And it works.

It’s not easy to ignore emotions completely. You learn that with time and experience that you gain in the market.

Work hard, do your efforts whatever is in your hands. Then just sit back, watch and relax!
I am following this mantra these days and going with the flow.

After every trade, I go out to meet my friends or spend some time with my family. It helps me focus on other important things in life.

Really? after every trade? How often do you trade?

That’s a good piece of advice!

1 Like

I take a break when getting anxious of losing the trade. Meditation helps a lot.

I know right, it helped me a lot. Now I strictly follow my trading plan. And this is helping me to stay intact and now I don’t over trade. I am becoming more and more patient as the days are passing by.