What do you do for a living?

What do you do for a living? Aside from trading forex, what’s your work or profession?

@Tracer88
hehe
Hi mate, i literally just came from another post that you commented on

First of all , thanks for defending me back there
where that guy was saying i was a joke
and where you said i’m not selling anything… appreciate it.

now WHAT DO I DO FOR A LIVING ?

outside of Forex (which honestly, for me is not a living ,)i’ts more of a means to an end.
Me and my wife are planning on retirement and to retire comfortable.
and it’s coming along very nicely.
that was the reason i got into forex around 7 years ago.

now before all that, and what i still do is
I’m and I.T. Engineer and Telecommunications Technician .
I’ve been self employed for around 16 years approx.

that’s pretty much my bread and butter
i like Hardware and software and i like Tinkering with things and pulling stuff apart and fixing things

so when it came to forex, to be honest
i thought it was a major HeadFiretruck (f you follow me)
i thought it would be boring economics
but i console myself in the fact that software is involved , Like Learning MQL-4 for example

i kept it interesting and i always persisted
me and this other guy who is a lot better at me than forex , but lacks networking skills, we go together and we helped each other

I poured in the knowledge for software and networking when we were working on a potential trading bot hehe (it was fun, but a no go at the end of the day)

and he poured his trading knowledge into me
and man… did he have a lot

i can definitely say that if i wasn’t introduced to him by another mate, i would probably still be trying to figure forex out.

and i think i would get it eventually, but HE (no names mentioned) was definitely largely responsible for me trading successfully

now… in fairness, he used to work in investment banks hehe… so… yeah (kind of an advantage)

in the beginning i felt useless
but he really needed I.T. help and i gave him help for free in exchange for trading lessons
we basically hung out day in day out
Drinking countless cups of coffee hehehe
Sleep deprived
but at the end … YOU PUT IN THE EFFORT AND YOU GET THERE

so that’s my story in a nutshell

what about you

I primarily trade for a living but I do work part time as a pilot. You have to get out of the house occasionally. Lol.

1 Like

@Traderjohnsblog
hehe, yeah you do
but YOU REALLY GET OUT OF THE HOUSE… huh
That’s cool

but, i suppose you’ve heard that before hehe

forex broker

A couple of times. And ya its pretty cool.

I earn a living by working at several jobs, also I sometimes trade on forex, although the latter is probably more of a hobbie rather than a way to make money.

1 Like

Retired.

Being retired is only half as good as having a great job. But its twice as good a having a cr@p one. I had 3 cr@p jobs in a row and decided that was enough.

1 Like

I used to be one of these,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantity_surveyor

although I think that understates the legal / contractual dispute involvements.

I have also been a roofer, had a second hand shop for a while and am formally qualified to “craftsman level” in TV and Video servicing and repair, and electronic control systems servicing and repair. and for a while I was a single parent father.

It’s been an interesting life ! :wink:

1 Like

Right now I’m trying to earn money by trading at Forex market. And in real life I dealt with finances and medicine.

@Cariar
so… You’re a drug dealer LMFAO :stuck_out_tongue:
Just messing with you mate :stuck_out_tongue:
my bad… Pharmacist then… :stuck_out_tongue:

My main job is directly related to trade. I work in an appliance store and trade on forex in free time. And although forex trading brings me much more money, I still don’t want to give up my regular job.