What do you do when you feel like there's no progress in your trading?

Most of the time after doing my best, I go to a friend who is pretty good in the market. And honestly, it turns out well most of the times.

Awesome. I hope to see you on that forum as well. I also got sidetracked and took a break. The learning process can be mentally taxing. But in the end well worth it I’m sure.

2 Likes

At first I usually try to maintain a trading journal which is helping me to evaluate my performance over specified period, say 1 month. Then when I feel that I am in a stuck situation of no profit, no loss, then I quickly try to find the loopholes by modifying my trading methods and it always works for me.

1 Like

I sometimes stop trading temporarily when I see that I do not succeed. If I start to receive losses, I take a pause. There is also a time of the year when I don’t know how to trade.

1 Like

If one system is not working for you, try something else. You are the master of your own trading, nothing and no one is stopping you from switching from one thing to another. Don’t be afraid to try new things and to experiment until you find the system you’re pleased with.

3 Likes

Insightful… So much sense

1 Like

I would review the speed at wich you apply your strategies too and test it on old charts and blind yourself to the future. It’s not nice wasting your time so try to power through your research stage a bit.

1 Like

You know, some persons are just too dogmatic with their approach to the market. The market is swift, so we need to be flexible enough to complement the market. Even when that means making some drastic changes.

1 Like

This is constantly happens with everyone. I think no progress. Personally I need to slow down before I can accelerate. Sometimes it is simple rest. This helps me to look at the things with fresh sight. If it doesn’t help I start to analyze deeper and to study more in order to speed up the progress.

2 Likes

In my opinion, one needs to find a balance between their trading plan and their need to be flexible. But there should always be a trading plan.

1 Like

wow reading through this thread, makes me realise just how much I have to learn! thanks for the thread op very interesting

3 Likes

really appreciate this comment.
It also helped me on planing my trades
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Ria_Rose, Nice to hear that youve been using HLHB system for your trades. If you feel that you arent making any progress as you should, just review your past trades and see what went wrong so that you can make necessary changes. There is probably just a missing link and all will be well once you find it. Success wishes

1 Like

Okay @midwest! :blush: Thank you so much for your wise words. I’ll keep these in mind. :smiley: I’m also happy that after all your hardships, you’re now doing well with your trading. :blush:

Oh. :open_mouth: I wanted to do this before, but I ended up just writing things down. :open_mouth: I also thought that since I have a trading journal here, I could just look through it to see the trades I’ve taken. :sweat_smile: But, I think it would be also be good for me to just keep a spreadsheet. :nerd_face: I’ll do that! I just need to familiarize myself with the tools and I’ll get one started once I finally decide to have a go at a trade! :blush:

1 Like

Ooooh. :open_mouth: Sounds really interesting. Which systems have you tested already? :open_mouth: How did those work? I’d looooove to know more about them. Huhu. :sweat_smile:

Aww. :blush: :blush: Thank you so much for the support Bacon! :slight_smile: And sorry for always being a pain. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not yet opening any positions or anything like that, but I’ve already cleaned up my chart. Like you said, once I get back in the game, I guess I wanna start on a clean slate. :slight_smile:

Yeah. :smile: I think we’re super blessed and fortunate to be guided by the experienced traders here. :sunny: I’ll take a breather, but I’ll come back stronger!

Hi @Alekxandra! :smiley: How long have you been trading? Are you following any system right now? :open_mouth: I hope you haven’t given up on forex trading. :frowning: I hope we could share strength and positivity to overcome these challenges! :blush:

Hey. The first system I tested was a Pivot Point auto generated S/R breakout thing. You check the trend on the D1, wait for MA breakout or S/R breakouts in the H4 and take a trade. I tested this on 2018 data on 6 pairs and found that it had a 53% win rate and with an average R:R of 1.8. The problem with it was, trades would run for way way too long and backtesting does not account for all the negative swap you’d take up which would eat up in your profits. 70% of the trades lasted from 11-30 days, way too long for me.

So that was that.

1 Like