What do you guys think of adjusting your trades while they're running?

It’s better to TP & wait for pull-back. Any way, decide in case by case. Buy news & sell the fact.

There is always a need of trade management when you decide actual trading. Even when use take profit and stop loss you may not ignore this point. According t o market situation you can change TP ,SL adjustment. A good trader is flexible with his strategy so that he can get maximum benefit from market.

i agree. though you should trust your strategies, but incase, you find the trade being able to give you more return, you can change the TP. i often do that myself.

Thanks mate! But, what does it mean?

“Laughing My Ar*se Off”

1 Like

My goodness! How delightfully colourful…

@dpaterso got it right. There’s another version - rofl lol. You’re familiar with that one? :slight_smile: @LauChoKun

Oh; now I got it! Thanks, man!!

Oh. She didn’t explain the other one i.e. “Rolling On Floor Laughing My Ar*e Off”!!! ROFLMAO!!!

One of my favorites and liberally used!!! LOL!!!

Trailing Stop Order

In this case I would prefer using a trailing stop order which has three main benefits ,Its secures your profits,doesn’t limit your potential profits and sets a limit on your potential losses. As the price increases the trailing stop increases but keeping its distance.

Really, it’s such a great practice; I’m also following the same way when I see the momentum supports my trading decision.

Of course you can adjust but remember one of the biggest mistakes in trading - Greed. :thinking:

I am in the same boat here. One of the thoughts I have had has been scaling out. Or completely closing out and putting a limit order somewhere below/above current price.

I have only considered this, not actually implemented. Again, I’m still in demo so take with a grain of salt.

KC

What do you mean by ‘trade management’? Is it money/risk management or anything else? A few insights would surely help the readers. Thx.

I don’t usually adjust my TP but I do move my SL to BE and then to lock in some profit as soon as I can. I’m particularly mindful of this when trading a yen pair since they can make some large and sudden moves. So for yen pairs I will usually only move my SL to BE and I won’t move it to lock in profits since I don’t want to be taken out of a trade too early. Every currency has its unique characteristics. The CAD on the other hand moves in very precise price action patterns.

Have you ever had it triggered to BE then it goes to your original TP afterwards?

Hasn’t happened in a long time. Sometimes it takes me out and continues in the same direction so if I had not moved it to BE then I would have suffered a loss.

Ahh that’s good. I’ve had a couple trades hit BE after I adjust the SL only for it to hit TP afterwards. :persevere:

Check out this thread. I explain how to trade a trend.

Ooh will check that thread out. Thank you! :blush: