What do you think about using scalping as a trading strategy?

@THE_GOATE

You have my sympathy, you seem to be getting some unwarranted abuse!

1 Like

i think you scalp good but please dont disrespect my friend profesor
maybe you are right but everyone are helping me here to get better
and i told before it is not my first job so i cant have lot of time on my Pc so maybe scalping is not for me but at the end please dont disrespect
we all friends here

1 Like

Scalping is a contentious subject. Some people think itā€™s only scalping if the trade is opened and closed within a few seconds, others think it can go on for hours and still technically be scalping although the intention is not to be in them for long.

Scalping originates from the trading floors where the day traders provide liquidity to the market by being the counterparty to trades put through. They essentially bought, then sold and the difference is the spread. Thesw were the people that benefit from the spread. Usually they would do this as fast as possible and typically make a very small amount per trade commonly known as ā€˜scalping a pennyā€™.

The number of trades doesnā€™t come into it, you can scalp part time and only make small profits on a few small trades.

Iā€™ve found recent success scalping that has eluded me previously. But Iā€™m still very much in the proving the process. If I can evolve this to be consistently profitable then Iā€™ve found a way to trade that suits my methods better than what Iā€™ve been doing thatā€™s big hits and occasionally big misses.

5 Likes

I think, well I donā€™t think it, I know it, the shorter the timeframe the more time you need. But you say you havenā€™t got time so you would be successfuller if you swing trade

1 Like

I like big moves making a lot of pips scalping isnā€™t for me

1 Like

I am sorry, who laughed my answer about need millions first? just because I wrote a truth about scalping? no johny now it is time to get more knowledge

1 Like

If youā€™re considering scalping, itā€™s important to invest time in learning and developing a solid trading plan. You should also use risk management strategies, such as stop-loss orders and position sizing, to limit potential losses

1 Like

We may debate, cast stones, swear, curse and insult each other as much as we wish. But the fact remains, that it all comes down to personal preference. Scalping is just another way of trading that can be as profitable as your so highly overrated swing trading methods. If we were to take a look at the accounts of those who are always first to cast stones at scalpers in this forum, we would laugh our lungs out at how they get their ā€œSā€ whooped by the market.
Look, I do not scalp myself. Not because its not the proper way of trading, but just because I prefer swing trading. And trust me, I get my ā€˜Sā€™ whooped by the market more often than not.
I admire this man @THE_GOATE. He is not ā€œall talksā€ but shows results, of which are still discredited. Keep up the good work pal. Its working for you and thats all that matters.
Back to the question

I personally do not scalp, but I would not talk you out of it either. The best advice I can give you is to try it on demo and see if it is lucrative for you. Practicals are always the best way to learn. Not hearsay.

5 Likes

@forextt
This is probably the last screenshot I post on here so I thought Iā€™d change the format.
As usual I break some rules but I believe in results not process sorry. I also believe trading is gambling with indicators and fundamental analysis simply being things to increase oneā€™s chance of winning trades. Just like knowing the home team has an advantage, team with the best offence in the league has an advantage, team leading the tables has an advantage, tells me to bet on that team as against a bottom of the table team. And there are people here rubbishing the idea of 10% profit on an account per month. This is my 3rd time making over 10% PER DAY since the start of the month and I am not even trying to prove anything. What I am beginning to realize is that people are speakling from personal experience so I guess I am wrong for disagreeing with them. Anyway you guys can work out what percentage increase took place here on my REAL account today. I was on the road all day by the way, lol. Incidentally for those who dont know that screenshot is an email I receive from my brokers every day at a certain time which sets out what happened on the account for the previous 24 hours.

1 Like

Scalping can utilized if you strictly followed the anticipated Daily or session expansion. The bias should be in daily, setup in H4/H1 has to aligned. Following this will be higher probability. Also one trade per session. After that come back the next session. Set price alerts so you donā€™t have to stay on the charts all the time.