What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Not a problem, if you click that link and click on the first post that comes up that is the same markethours.mq4 file I use. I just don’t have a file share host setup so I can’t post the actual file on this site…

Edit: Just found the attachment button…plus Wally was nice enough to post it up for you…

Thank you both.

Well done mate! I mean well done on the profit…well the stop to BE isn’t bad either. At least its not negative.

http://www.Anymeeting.com/ForexICT1

Webinar Recording: Higher Time Frame Analysis Part 2

ICT,

I thought of this question after the webinar ended. Do you prefer to enter your position trades during the Asian, or LO sessions?

Thanks for being so quick on this posting…

Wtf mate I thought I would have to wait until saturday. Good thing they dont burn people at the stake for witchcraft ne more.

Oh baby

Michael, the Larry Williams book you mentioned in the Webinar re: Kelly Principle, was it “Long-Term Secrets to Short-Term Trading”?

Thanks

Thanks Michael for recording it and releasing it so quickly. Again, very helpfull information and good presentation! Keep up the good work…my trading results are improving progresevely thanks to your teaching.

forgive the newbieness…
the market flow on the daily, 4 hour and 1 hour are all in confluence.
looks up to me, but by ICT’s definition its down??
The upper fractal hasnt been broken, but then again, neither has the upper one.

Anyone have a link to an MT4 indicator that plots “Short Term Highs/Lows” as well as intermediate term and potentially long term High / Lows?

[B]Market flow on the GBP is:[/B]

down on the DAILY chart (most recent fractal high on 11/18 has not been broken)

up on the 4-HOUR chart (most recent fractal low around 0030 GMT today has not been broken)

up on the 1-HOUR chart (most recent fractal low around 0800 GMT today has not been broken)

[B]Market flow on the EUR is:[/B]

down on the DAILY chart (most recent fractal high on 11/18 has not been broken)

up on the 4-HOUR chart (most recent fractal low around 0020 GMT today has not been broken)

however, at 0930 GMT, when you posted your question, market flow on the 4-hour chart was still down

up on the 1-HOUR chart (most recent fractal low around 0900 GMT today has not been broken)

[B]Regarding the echo problem on the ICT webinars:[/B]

I had a terrible echo a week ago, trying to watch the [B]Higher Time Frame Analysis - Part 1[/B] live webinar. Then, part way through the webinar, my browser (Google Chrome) crashed, and the error message I got said that the Shockwave Player had crashed. I had no problem re-entering the webinar, but the echo was still there. Finally, I gave up, and exited the webinar.

Later, when I watched the recorded version of Part 1, the audio was fine, and I had no crashes.

Last night, I was not available for the [B]Part 2[/B] live webinar, so I don’t know whether the echo problem would have repeated.

Early this morning, when I watched the recorded version of Part 2, audio was fine until the Shockwave Player crashed again at the 1-hour mark in the recorded video.

I don’t even know how many media players I have on my computer — at least 3 that I can think of, but there may be others. I don’t know how the different players are designated to play media from different sources (and I’m really not very interested in that sort of thing). It’s fine with me if a media player is just another “black box” that I don’t understand — as long as the black box works.

A lot of guys seem to be experiencing echo problems with Michael’s webinars. So, I’m wondering: Are we all having the same problem? Is it a Google Chrome problem, or a Shockwave Player problem, or are we all having unrelated problems?

Are there any tech-types out there who can help with this?

Hi Michael, nice short trade on Fiber tonight congrats. One question though. It appeared to me that market flow on the 4 hr and 1 hr TF was UP. However, you took a short. Any chance you can shed some light on the think process here. Good chance I’m missing something here.

I don’t use Chrome because it seems to use a lot of memory and it won’t display some web pages correctly. I use Opera and last night was the only time I’ve heard an echo.

Hey guys, its been a little while since I posted, and I’d like to get back in the habit…

So I decided to take a short at the NYO today. Just got in about 15 min ago.

Reasons:

• The Cable already was way outta the ADR
  • Long term and recent (last week) S/R at ~1.5630
  • Price reacted strongly to resistance at 1.5650 last week (11/22) + institutional level
  • Today’s R2 at 1.5655
  • Got short at 1.5639, right on the 62% retracement from daily high to recent swing low.

On a mental/emotional/discipline note…

I was tempted to get in at the 50% retracement, and thats a big problem of mine that I’ve noticed. I’m always tempted to buy or sell too early if I feel a move is coming. And I’ll often get in and then see price move up 10-20 pips before turning. Today I saw how drastically the Fiber had dropped from its high and I didn’t want to miss the Cable making a similar move, but I’m really working hard to be more disciplined and force myself to follow my own rules, so I just set a pending sell order at the bottom of the OTE ‘zone’ and left my charts for some breakfast. I set a price alert, and sure enough, I heard that wonderful little “DING” a few minutes later and came back to see price just kiss my entry level and dart back the other way. Will look to take 30% off at 30 pips and probably the bulk of the remaining order off at R1/1.5580.

Here’s my chart:

Anyone else in this trade?

Reasons that told me not to trade was that I’m in the no-no area of the TT and MF was up on 1h and 4h…Should I have ignored this trade due to those factors? Will update tonight when I get home from work.

Matty

These exact questions crossed my mind too. I’m curious to know the answers also?

There is no in front or behind in class man - -this is believe it or not – all about you. Just stick with it for your own self.
Personally – I am at in near the point of simply trade EVERY SMT divergence - and just experience what goes on there. I know when I am in the middle of everything - the trade has barely a 50 50 chance AND that TP and SL set smallerish and earlierish. (So I don’t lose $)
SO I am in the process of understanding and knowing for myself - that waiting for pivotal places, rather than any and every SMT divergence - is and will be important - - TO ME.

Edited - timeframe - oh and by the way - I’ve been doing just this for over 2 months (this being trading every SMT, - at least every one I am available to trade) - and I figure it’ll be another 2 or 3 before I understand what I just said :slight_smile:

I think I would arrange your “curriculum” a little differently.

I would move the Kill Zones (what you refer to as “market time - session O/C’s”) to the top of the list, along with Support and Resistance.

Next, realize that Fibs and Pivots are forms of support and resistance. So, if Support and Resistance belongs at the top of the list, you should include it in all its forms.

Also, if Fibs should be moved way up on the list, then this includes the OTE and Fib Projections.

I agree with putting fractals (market flow), and the dollar index high on the list. But, I think you can move COT and bonds to the bottom. In fact, my preference would be to master the Trader’s Trinity and higher time frame analysis, before taking on COT and bonds — even though Michael taught those things in the opposite order.

[B]So, here’s a curriculum for your consideration:[/B]

• Kill Zones

• Support and Resistance

• Highs and Lows from the previous month, the previous week, the previous day, and the previous session

• Major Swing Highs and Swing Lows from the monthly chart, the weekly chart, and the daily chart

• Pivot Levels

• Fibonacci Retracement Levels (especially the OTE), and Fibonacci Extension (projection) Levels

• Market Flow (fractals)

• U.S. Dollar Index

• Smart Money Tool (SMT)

• Trader’s Trinity

• Higher Time Frame Analysis

• Commitment of Traders (COT) Report

• Treasury Yield (bond) Analysis

Other participants on this thread would probably come up with a different “curriculum”. It will be interesting to hear their opinions.