What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Constantly stalking your Tweets on my phone, even when it’s 4:00am. :smiley:

Thanks ICT, that trade clarified a lot up.

Clark

yeah but you just can’t enter on that OTE because your stop would have to be to high

I know he entered on SMT Divergence but just trying to see why he came up with a 1.3414 entry level.

kubio, if you look at your OTE the 1.3414 level is below it…It’s not actually in the OTE that you are talking about…

What a ride in the Fiber…

Good thing both my GU longs were stopped out before that huge rally… Oh well, still made some money -_-

WTF was that! Just bought the Fiber and Cable in the NYO…

I’m up about 5 pips on one and 15 on the other. I turn my head for 5 seconds, and all of a sudden I’m up 85 and 110!

Close em both instantly, get outta my chair, change my pants, go back to bed.

I take it too but only on the demo acount…
well this is very good news because i was always losing…and from 2 weak´s ago that change…
Now i´m seeing thinks very diferent…Again…
BIG TANK YOU…ICT

John

GLGT

Can somebody please tell me where to find the info on the traders trinity?
I watched the videos which cover the basics and can’t find it anywhere.

I believe he has only gone over the basics on it so far, he is going to have a detail section on it…coming soon

Can anyone explain to me what I am missing about why ICT picked that certian level to enter at on his last trade? What am I missing. I know there was an OTE on the higher timeframe and SMT Divergence on the 5m chart, but I didn’t see an OTE on the 5m chart so is it ok to just enter once you see an SMT Divergence on a trade like this. Also if that is the way he entered do you just place a stop 30 pips above entry?

Thanks

I was wondering the same. However, I don’t think he uses OTE entry for ALL of his trades. He has a deep understanding of price and I have noticed him assume positions without the smaller timeframe OTE entries we have become so used to. Regardless, Michael is the best one to comment on this.

Piptronix, check the video titled “ICT Pro Trade Review: 8/14/11” on the first page of this thread for an explanation on the Trader’s Trinity concept.

sladhaFX, thanks for reply, It’s nice to see I’m not the only one scratching my head in wondering why pick that price level. Hopefully I get some clarity on this…I’m sure ICT will make it clear…

In my opinion, if we check what price did, we see that it was up to take out the stops and then what will be the price movement??
He´ll try to go where it came from …
Based on this principle, to make a higher high after the stops, the price will try to go down … and then we try to sell at the best price …
It is my view at this time (understanding of price action) either way …

P.S. And there is the GAP from sunday to fill…80% +/-…

GLGT

John

What a terrible mistake!!!I thought I passed this level…instinct trades!But NO!!!Sold fiber at 1.3480,stopped out at 1.3530, 0.5%account gone .At least I didnt take another trade,a revenge one or worst two revenges!I asked myself "how high can go?":)))What OTE,what kill zone,what market flow?...NOTHING! Now Im looking at this trade and I cant believe I did this! I am stuck for LC because I will not take the second trade in the same day,first one being a loss.It is not about the money or percents,its about rules,discipline most important things in trading.
This trade pull me back with months!
Even if I should have won this trade it would have been actually a loss…

PipARush,

If your rules dictate not to go back into a trade following a losing one, and you’re able to stick to it, I commend you for maintaining discipline. I have found myself in this position a few times in the past, and when I bend my rules, things don’t pan out favorably.

On another note, what really trips me up in a losing trade is hardly the fact that there’s a monetary loss in my account. It’s more of a psychological issue- I made a losing trade. If I make a big win, followed by a few consecutive small losses, in the end I’m overall upset that my Win % < Loss % even though I’ve made a profit for the week. If I take a big loss, followed by a few consecutive small wins, in the end I’m overall happy that my Win % > Loss % even though my monetary losses outweigh my gains for the week.

At this point, at least for me, it’s all about consistency. In due time, consistency will pay off and put the money [back] into one’s account. I appreciate you sharing your mistake, and good luck in maintaining your discipline.

Hey man, I feel your pain. I went live with some real money 3 weeks ago and I’ve had some nice success so far, but I have not been consistently disciplined. I have had times where I would increase my risk too much after a losing trade and (un)fortunately, I’ve made up for my losses, and then some, with the trades that I risked 5%, or even once 6% of my account (instead of the max of 3% that I set for myself). So yeah, even when I’ve been profitable, I’ve come away from the trading day feeling upset with myself for my lack of discipline. But time and patience and experience will hopefully keep pushing me in the right direction as far as self control and risk management are concerned. Keep your head up!

Thank you both for encouragements.It is not about 0.5% loss,it is about rules.
One rule broke,
I have my last two rules:

1. Don`t take another trade in the same day,after you lost the first one!
  2. Close the week after two consecutive losses!
    Breaking these two rules means I lost my time for nothing,nine months since I discovered Fx.
    I will always remember what eremarket said:

It’s a funny way how the market punished me.My SL 1.3530,high of the day 1.3533!

I’m a little late on this reply, but I think you nailed it on the head with this post!

well, the LC appeared to be difficult to enter again today since an OTE was not given at the right time of day.

Except on the 1 HR chart, the perfect entry was given! This was my first entry in LC off the 1 HR chart, so I scaled back my risk to .75% of my account. Thanks ICT for the higher TF analysis webinars!

I was lucky to take a profitable long position on Cable during LO.

I have posted the following analysis in the hopes it will help those new to this thread see how time spent on the higher timeframe charts, as ICT consistently urges, can go a long way in realizing profits. I didn’t always apply this until things began to click rather recently. Therefore, I thought it would be helpful to others who experienced similar frustrations trying to “get it” to share my analysis. Thanks.

Entry:

Long at 1.5542
Protective stop: 1.55190 (23 pip SL)

Basis for entry:

SMT bullish divergence (lows divergence)
Support level at 1.5542
OTE at entry at Support level
OTE on Daily chart
MS1 pivot buy zone
1.5550 institutional level confluence

Long entry on 5 minute chart as it happened: (click chart to enlarge)

Why did I pick 1.5542 as a Support level? Look at your higher time frame chart, 1-Hour: (click chart to enlarge)

So far, price shot up to a high of +236 pips from my entry point all in a span of 8 hours from entry. Since I didn’t stay awake to manage the trade, I cut out with an early profit, missing the majority of the move.

Here is where price has traded to since: (click chart to enlarge)