What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Good Luck & Good Trading :57:

It is already in one coming soonā€¦ Hans is great! :wink:

Looks like I will have to rewatch this last video a dozen times to get the infoā€¦Iā€™m a little lost on all that informationā€¦It was a lot of information to take in all at onceā€¦

We pull it all together in the end. :wink:

Please sir, I want some more

Good one tiny furyā€¦lol

nice video.

also i like this one Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream Remix - YouTube

OK-Maybe one or some of you fine souls can help this newbie out. Iā€™m just starting the 4 weeks of noting and demo trading off of previous dayā€™s/weekā€™s high and low that ICT suggests. I realize that this is an exercise in discipline and recognizing price movements. Since Im starting today at the beggining of a trading week, the weekly high/low should be obvious-as should the previous day. But once I get into the week, what time zones should I use to establish daily hi/lo (Metatrader time, New york time, etc) Also should I adjust weekly to account for past 5 days or keep the levels I set initially?
So, Im using GBP/USD my weekly hi/lo are 1.5779/1.5457 the previous day hi is 1.5576 and lo depends on which time zone Im using. So, do these numbers look right? any other suggestions? Thanks-Chris

really good videoā€¦canā€™t wait to see how you actually use all this!

Hi Chris,
There are 3 ways of finding hi lo for the day:
1 NY close 17 EST
2 00:00 GMT
3 00:00 EST
Same goes for pivots just NY close (i think Clint uses those) is not as popular as GMT or EST. So no hard rule to use one over the otherā€¦ Good luck trading

Great video i really, really waited for this topic. Will read at least one of the recommended Murphys books. Lol books to read list will skyrocket at the end of ForeXmasā€¦

400,000 hits to the threadā€¦ Impressive folks. :slight_smile:

I have actually owned that Murphy book on intermarket analysis since 2008, but never really figured out how to apply it to my technical analysis. This will be amazing getting to put such an old book of mine to good use!

Iā€™m already really excited for the 2012 trading year, and I want to do something extra for the thread and its current and future participants. I want to take an account and make its month-to-month performance available for anyone to see. I donā€™t want to commit to trade by trade reviews and updatesā€¦ my workload is to capacity right nowā€¦ but hope I do get the time to do a few trade summaries per month.

What is [B]most[/B] important to me is sticking to the account over the long term and watching the actual process of compounding do its work on an account balance. Iā€™m not sure that I can make this account grow even, but I believe I can, and I hope everyone understands this is simply me giving my best effort at something that is important to me.

I have a rule to limit deposits to $200 per month, and only after a Monthly gain of 2% or more. Iā€™ve discovered a fatal flaw in my past attempts to build accounts. I would often deposit more money after [I]losing[/I], instead of waiting for confirmation of success, and the reults were generally disastrous.

So here it is, so far. A bad start to the journey, but like I said, commitment to the journey will be more important to me than positive resultsā€¦

akeakamai,

Thanks for doing this, it will be great to see you grow your account. Looking forward to it.

I am also starting something like this in 2012 and creating a blog for it.

I really like your excel sheet you have, might need to copy that idea for myself.

GLGT

I have a feeling 2012 will be your year, you have been on this thread from the beginning providing feedback and trying to grow with an honest effort, I think you will be rewarded for your time soon enough.

Where are you getting your ADR values? Are you using a rolling period or historical figures?

Mataf dot net.

I get my numbers there, and some more info, like volatility per day of the week and hour of the day.

Santa, I was good this year, did you forget to scratch my name off the naughty list from last year?

I guess I was good this yearā€¦you are the best Santa (aka ICT)ā€¦

This is how I was trying to view the London Open but i was always looking at previous days high low then realized after the higher timeframe that there may be more important support and resistance to be viewing. Simple illustration powerful image.