What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I have a question regarding the SMT tool:
Does it apply to the daily charts as well?
I notice that on Friday the Eurusd made a higher high while the GBPusd made a lower high.

Am I on the right track here?

Yes it works on any timeframe, any pair, anything tradableā€¦hope that helpsā€¦

Great thanks.

Just some observations while we wait for the next videoā€¦

Looking at the 4h Cable charts I just thought Iā€™d draw yā€™alls attention to a level Iā€™m watching, and should price trade up to it in the LO, or perhaps the LC, I think thereā€™s a great chance weā€™d see strong resistance and the start of a bearish move. There is almost perfect confluence (>4pips) between the 79% fib of Fridayā€™s high to low, Mondayā€™s R1, Fridayā€™s central pivot, the ADR high, and a very clean level of S/R at 1.5690. The price area is also just a handful of pips away from the lower level of the TT sell zone (1.5698) and the 1.5700 figure.

So thatā€™s 7 confluences of potential S/R between 1.5689 and 1.5700! Factor in that MF on the 4h is down, and it seems to me like there is a high probability that price would have a reaction in that 11 pip range. Just something Iā€™ll be watching if price reaches there at the appropriate time.

Might be kinda hard to see, but the ADR is the orange dotted line and yellow dotted lines is the longterm S/R (1.5690).

Very nice levels of support/resistance from the 17th and the 22nd of Nov, and price has been really bouncing around this level since last Wednesday.

Matty

Hi Matty

Are you using the ICT_ADr indicator to plot your ADRā€™s?
Any particular inputs, or just straight out the box?

Just the straight up ICT ADRā€¦never felt the need to mess with it. Have you used different numbers?

No, same as you.
Iā€™m pretty new to this, so I only started using the ADR on Friday, and just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.
Thanks.
I like your analysis, you seem to have a good grasp of the material. How long have you been a student of ICTā€™s methods?

http://s11.postimage.org/cf0ngsd2b/chart_6.gif

Can anything be made of a 5min candle thats 40 pips in azn session?

About 6 months give or take. Just went live about 3 weeks ago (at least using ā€œrealā€ money for the first time) and have had some very nice success so far. And honestly, the thing Iā€™m most excited about is that I donā€™t think iā€™ve been all that disciplined or perfect at applying his concepts, and still Iā€™m up over 400+ pips since beginning of November. And thatā€™s a testament to the power of these tools and concepts that he is teaching, not to my trading. Just stick with it, it takes time. I know I have a long way to go, but what really motivates me is the mindset that, even if I can be fractionally as successful as Micheal, I will have achieved something great.

Matty

Forgive me Matty, its Monday morning where I am.
I think we already had this conversation, I remember now.
sorry about that, like I said, its Monday here, and its going really slowly, like my brain right now.

It would be nice if you could post your results from month to month so we can track you.

Hereā€™s my chart from oanda, where they show trading activity prior to the 5PM EST ā€œstandardā€ market open. Trading before 5PM EST is interbank trading, but Iā€™ve noticed it still respects technical levels like that Central Pivotā€¦ hope this perspective solves the mystery for you :wink:

I figured it might have been my feed, but even on your chart a lot of movement at that mid pivot, looking for sell pressure today.

I suppose I could do a monthly account posting to help keep me accountable. Hereā€™s my account at the end of November. Iā€™ll try and update at the end of each month. My goal is 7.2% per week.

Like I said in an earlier post, I gotta work on stopping once I hit my goal :stuck_out_tongue:

Matty

Matty, you doubled your account in 3 weeks?

What session you normally trade?

Is there something wrong with those figures, or did you double that account in 3 weeks?

Yeah, Iā€™ve had a nice start, but I DID over-leverage a couple times, which is a big NO-NO. Fortunately the 2 times I did (risked 4% and 5%) it worked out in my favor, so that accounts for some of my gains. I was actually kinda upset when I made profit from those trades cause I didnā€™t want to be reinforcing bad behavior. But the majority was just from good olā€™ fashioned ICT trades. I recalculate the amount of mini lots per trade after each trade. That way, its like compounding my account after each trade. So at $3000 equity, 2% with 25 pip SL would be $2.40/pip, but if I made $300 on a trade, I would recalculate and my next trade would be ($3300 * .02)/25 = $2.64/pip on my next trade. I feel like this also helps me as it forces me to reduce my risk after each loss. Anyways, thatā€™s probably more than you wanted to know.

Matty

Other then you not sticking to some rules, it does look like you have the concepts down pretty good if you can double your account in 3 weeks. Would like to see some more analysis from you. What session you normally trade or are you around for all the sessions?

Actually Iā€™d like to know moreā€¦ lol
What about sessions?
do you trade all of them?
and if so, is it only in the kill zones?

Just trade NYO usually cause Iā€™m up at that time before work. Usually place a trade and then monitor on my iPhone during the morning. If I see a nice LC Iā€™ll try to trade that too. Occasionally Iā€™ll place a pending order for LO before bed if I feel really strongly. But Iā€™m just trying my best to stick to the concepts ICT has taught. Im not doing anything special. And yeah, I try to stick to kill zones.

Marty

Matty, How does the iphone work out for youā€¦I thought about getting one so I could manage any trades I was still in after I leave for work in the morningsā€¦