What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Thanks for the informative post, I never realized.

:22: To bad I was at work today while all this was going on…sounded like a great day for a lot of you…

I missed all the funny…

Oh Clarky he is just putting in text how I feel; which is very needy towards presents lol. I am just hoping when I get home from my final at 10 there will be 3 presents that I can play with till I am forced into sleep. If not, one of these days is gonna be a stay in bed and watch a **** ton of video day hah.

wow matty, very impressive! hope you can keep it going

Bones…I remember seeing the “Classic Buy Day” a while ago but I just checked through all of my notes and could not find where in was in the past. Could you point me in the direction or repost where it can be found. Thanks

I believe it was in the Inner Circle Trader Pro Traders Club .:: 08/14/11 ::.

P.S. It wasn’t in the NYO Tactic video like I thought…oops

also in the 8/14/11 PTC video

Limit Order Fiber Short 3479. Covered @ 3435 and 3400
Limit Order Cable Short 5690. Covered @ 5655 and 5630, 33% Still Open

And here is the Public account after the dust settled…

Because it’s December (want to start 2012 on a positive note), and because my rules allow a $200 deposit for monthly gains >2% this will be the end of my December trading on my public account! I love it when a plan comes together :wink:

good work akeakamai. What was your stop loss on that cable short? I’m guessing 10 pips above the high of friday where you probably drew the fib from? so more than 40 pips?

You should still keep a demo going just to see if your setups are remaining valid. I know it would probably be tough since it doesnt matter like the real account but It’s so early into december I would like to see a hypothetical whole month.

You will get to see a whole month in January! Patience… :smiley:

I will be trading another account of approximately the same size, but not nearly as aggressively as the one I’m sharing here. I’m really trying to compound the public one, and do so over a very long period of time. There is a reason I’m showing you all those blank spaces on the excel chart :wink:

Stop was at 5723. I knew that wasn’t above the PDH, but I thought the 5720 Institutional level would provide enough resistance (if the trade was valid).

Hi Phenex

what time frame is that?
Is it on the London close?
i was watching that, waiting for my OTE, but didnt see it, probably because I was on the 5 minute time frame.

Anyone else looking to go long on Fiber with it making lower lows as the GBP is not. Also Fiber is just below 61.8 against last Wed low? Appreciate any feedback about this.

Na, lets see what kind of day is developing - toearly to tell for sure, JMO

Thanks for the direction.

After looking through all my notes from months ago searching for the “Classic Buy Day” I realized that it might be a very good idea to spend a weekend or even two reviewing all of them. Some really great info that seemed to slip my mind.

ICT, Thanks for all the time you have invested into us. I cant thank you enough. It is all finally coming together and clicking for me.

% Gain Oct - 17.26%
% Gain Nov - 19.77%

Avg ROI per month = 18.51%
If I continue progressing at the current rate my account would hit $1mil in 40 months.

Cant tell you how happy I was when I ran the numbers and projections this past weekend for all of my past data. Thank you again.

I still have a long long way to go with my development as a trader. I still make plenty of stupid mistakes as it relates mainly to psychology, but i cant imagine my results once I have a full handle on that aspect.

**Just closed an EU short at +25 that I took off the 3398 SR level. Closed the whole position, might have been a nice setup for a longer term swing lower but I wasnt going to be greedy during Asian.

Thats huge! great work

WTG ^5

It’s early… yes… but how does it feel? :slight_smile:

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

It feels great to see those returns back to back and see the tools lining up. You are an inspiration & sort of a confluence as well…For example, I was stalking a GU short at LO this morning when you started to tweet your analysis on EU & that itself was another positive confluence lining up with my technicals lol. Even though EU didn’t initially work out, my GU hit +20 with 50% off before going back to BE. EU missed TP by .5 pips but as soon as that happened I covered and was not going to let a +19 trade turn into a loss.

I remember you saying a long time ago that you basically used to invite self-destruction into your account when you were a new trader. I can really relate to that as that seems to be my main stumbling block I am trying to overcome. Now my results look good from the overall view point of % gain but I can improve them and when I dig down into my post analysis trade review, there are many self-destructive mistakes that I am working on elimating. All basically have to do with psychology aspects but those self-destructive behaviors, if eliminated altogether, my overall % gain would be around 68% instead of 40%. So I am determined to eliminate those self-destructive behaviors and I am improving slowly.

I did read the book entitled “Trading for a Living” since you recommended that and said its real worth was in the psychology section. It did help. Would you be able to offer any other advice or books or pointers or ways to overcome the self-destructive aspects? Thanks again for everything.

I have not really posted much on the forum previously but you inspired me to start in your recent post encouraging members to do so, so you will see much more of me.

Im actually referencing the possibility of low volume and crazy markets.